Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Mr. Roth

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Mr. Roth Empty
PostSubject: Mr. Roth   Mr. Roth Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 8:18 pm

I found yet another touching story out of one of my inspirational books...

Mr. Roth

An old man showed up at the back door of the house we were renting. Opening the door a few cautious inches, we saw his eyes were glassy and his furrowed face glistened with silver stubble. He clutched a wicker basket holding a few unappealing vegetablels. He bid us good morning and offered his produce for sale. We were uneasy enough to make a quick purchase to alleviate both our pity and our fear.

To our chagrin, he returned the next week, introducing himself as Mr. Roth, the man who lived in the shack down the road. As our fears subsided, we got close enought to realize that it wasn't alcohol, but cataracts, that marbleized his eyes. On subsequent visits, he would shuffle in, wearilng two mismatched right shoes, and pull out a harmonica. With glazed eyes set on a future glory, he'd puff out old gospel tunes between conversations about vegetables and religion.

On one visit, he exclaimed, "The Lord is so good! I came out of my shack this morning and found a bag full of shoes and clothing on my porch."

"That's wonderful, Mr. Roth," we said. "We're happy for you."

"You know what's even more wonderful?" he asked. "Just yesterday I met some people that could use them."

Author unknown

This story tells me to share whatever I have even if I don't have enough. And give to those who need more than I do.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Mr. Roth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mr. Roth   Mr. Roth Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 8:12 am

What a beautiful story. And he sounds like a really delightful man.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

Mr. Roth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mr. Roth   Mr. Roth Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 11:40 am

Doesn't he? I'd love to listen to stories from older people. They are delightful storytellers.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Mr. Roth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mr. Roth   Mr. Roth Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 7:32 pm

Yep. I once knew a lady - Miss Mary we called her. She had these amazing stories of Chicago and prohibition and speakeasies and the like. It really made that time come alive for me. And I learned all kinds of stuff.....
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

Mr. Roth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mr. Roth   Mr. Roth Icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2008 9:48 pm

Stories like that let you use your imagination too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mr. Roth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mr. Roth   Mr. Roth Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mr. Roth
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: In General :: Inspirational Writings-
Jump to: