Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

VERY Interesting Interview with Taylor

Go down 
+4
tygrlllie
naynaystay71
concertcris
DreamHrt
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

VERY Interesting Interview with Taylor Empty
PostSubject: VERY Interesting Interview with Taylor   VERY Interesting Interview with Taylor Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2009 11:02 pm

Not for the faint at heart.... be warned
I feel like
VERY Interesting Interview with Taylor 795426 VERY Interesting Interview with Taylor 17486 VERY Interesting Interview with Taylor 555837
Q&A with Taylor Hicks

As far as American Idol winners go, Taylor Hicks was one of the most ridiculed, but now the reality TV star has reinvented himself as a theater actor. By Victor Fiorillo

You came from out of nowhere to win American Idol four years ago and then you wound up on Broadway. Did you have any kind of acting background?
I never thought in a million years that I would be on a Broadway stage. It was mostly music for me. Now, with the experience of having a musical background, and a live stage performing experience, it’s really successful, it makes perfect sense.

How long are you actually on the stage?
Well, I do "Beauty School Dropout" and the "Megamix." And what’s really cool as a bonus for the audience, a single from my new album.

The reviews for Grease have been pretty good, specifically about your performance. Do you feel a sense of vindication from all the haters in your Idol days?
For every success story, there’s the positive and negative sides, but for me in my career, this is just the beginning. For me, this is a marathon, not a sprint. Obviously, after four years, still exercising the idea of being an entertainer with now the Broadway experience and the records, I’m just trying to build longevity.

Is there an artist, living or dead, whose career path you’d like to mirror?
Elvis Presley comes to mind.

Hmm. Hopefully you’ll live longer.
Yes, hopefully. As far as what he was able to do with music, we have a similar background. Sinatra. Those kind of throwback entertainers are versatile and do film and TV and music, I think music was a wonderful starting point for me. I studied the Van Morrisons and the Bob Segers. I studied what entertainers were.

Why did people hate on you so bad? You were easily the most ridiculed winner.[b]
People in the business try to [long pause]… I think people hope to create a bi polar idea of [long pause]… When you get to the point where you love him or hate him, you’re doing a pretty good job. I take that back. I don’t want you to print that. I need to think of a good answer that kind of reflects what I feel [long pause]… I’d rather talk more about Grease, man, instead…

We can talk about Grease as much as you want. That’s fine with me.
[PUBLICIST INTERRUPTS AND SAYS TO END THE INTERVIEW]
I’m really not worried about people that don’t like me. I’m worried about the people who do
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: VERY Interesting Interview with Taylor   VERY Interesting Interview with Taylor Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 11:03 am

VERY Interesting Interview with Taylor 833804 You know I have never understood why people hate on Taylor. He is like so many who have come on American Idol hoping to build a successful career. On his season many tuned in just to see what he would do next because he was such an interesting performer. True so many of us got wrapped up in being part of the soul patrol which I am proud to be a part of but I am wondering if the constant critiques of Simon formed many people's opinions then. Some people are just too narrow-minded to accept a new way I think. Also many of today's audience are young kids who truly are so easily led to follow whatever is popular today rather than seeing where the root of music has come from.

In this interview I am thinking Taylor being the nice guy he is just did not want to put anyone down. Regardless of the haters out there I do believe Taylor has enough fans to keep his career going for years to come. I know I will always be a supporter because he is indeed my top favorite idol of all the seasons.
Back to top Go down
naynaystay71

Female
Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: VERY Interesting Interview with Taylor   VERY Interesting Interview with Taylor Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 12:38 pm

I agree 110% CC!!
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: VERY Interesting Interview with Taylor   VERY Interesting Interview with Taylor Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2009 7:19 pm

He's worried about us?!?!?!? But why???????
~tyg
Back to top Go down
TaysGrl

Female
Number of posts : 90
Registration date : 2009-07-04

PostSubject: Re: VERY Interesting Interview with Taylor   VERY Interesting Interview with Taylor Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 9:08 pm

I like that Tay only concerns himself with those who are into him like we are not the ones who are not WAY TO GO RIGHT ON !!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lorettamarie1
browneyes

browneyes

Female
Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: VERY Interesting Interview with Taylor   VERY Interesting Interview with Taylor Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 2:15 am

*) VERY Interesting Interview with Taylor 203146 VERY Interesting Interview with Taylor 795426 VERY Interesting Interview with Taylor 70128

Jodie, I feel about the same way after reading that. Calling Taylor the most ridiculed for starters, asking him why he was the most hated, how do you say that to anyone? This so-called interviewer was setting him up. But what ticks me off more than anything is that Taylor asked him not to print something and he did it anyway.Whether it be an editor's decision or his own, a decent journalist will honor that request as if Taylor had told him something off-the-record. This guy seemed to have an agenda.What a jerk.
(Trying to think happy thoughts) VERY Interesting Interview with Taylor 299357
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: VERY Interesting Interview with Taylor   VERY Interesting Interview with Taylor Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 1:39 am

That had to be the most unprofessional thing I've ever read about Taylor. What journalist in his/her right mind would say that about him? I am 100% agreement with CC. Taylor is my all time favorite American Idol winner. I have become a diehard member of the Soul Patrol and will continue to support him until he stops singing.

(or I die...which ever comes first) *trying to keep alittle humor going*
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: VERY Interesting Interview with Taylor   VERY Interesting Interview with Taylor Icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 9:44 pm

Never understand why the ones that write this stuff do what they do. They really don't have a clue what Taylor is all about and they never will. I'd bet this was either a Chris D or Kat fan, and are still holding a grudge that Taylor won.. How sad, Taylor is doing just what he set out to do and he has fan's that are loyal and follow him and that say's he's a true artist in every way that counts. or at least to me anyway..
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: VERY Interesting Interview with Taylor   VERY Interesting Interview with Taylor Icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2009 11:05 am

I think it could be for attention. As long as Taylor is around to talk/write about the author of any printed interview is going to get some sort of attention. Whether it good or bad attention that person is getting recognised for their remarks. Especially when he/she bashes Taylor.

It boggles the mind. If they don't like him and don't like his music why can't they simply move on and write about an artist they DO like? I'm clearly confused by such behavior.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: VERY Interesting Interview with Taylor   VERY Interesting Interview with Taylor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VERY Interesting Interview with Taylor
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Taylor Goodies :: Taylor In The News-
Jump to: