Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Bret Michaels

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Bret Michaels Empty
PostSubject: Bret Michaels   Bret Michaels Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 8:19 am

I found this on Yahoo this morning. It's a very scary situation for Bret. Please pray that he has a speedy recovery.

Bret Michaels hospitalized after `warning stroke'

LOS ANGELES – Bret Michaels is back in the hospital.

The rocker and reality TV star suffered what doctors call a "warning stroke" and has been diagnosed with a patent forum ovale, or hole in the heart, according to a report Thursday on his website. Michaels' publicist, Joann Mignano, confirmed the report.

Michaels was hospitalized after experiencing numbness on the left side of his body, particularly in his face and hands.

Doctors said the condition is operable and treatable and likely unrelated to the brain hemorrhage the 47-year-old suffered last month.

Michaels' neurosurgeon said that while the Poison frontman has a "fantastic attitude" about making a full recovery, "Bret's brain and body are not quite 100 percent yet, especially with the hole found in his heart."

Additional tests were being conducted to determine the best course of treatment. Doctors said Michaels is currently being treated with a daily injection of a blood thinner to reduce the risk of clots.

His website said Michaels was "up, walking, talking, continuing his daily rehab and very happy to be alive."

"He has made it clear he is sick and tired of being in the hospital and is ready to rock again," the site says.

Michaels was expected to appear at Sunday's finale of Donald Trump's "The Celebrity Apprentice" in New York. NBC said in a statement that the network is "cautiously optimistic" that Michaels can attend the live season finale.

"Ultimately, it's up to Bret and his doctors if he should attend," the statement said.

In the episode, Trump's boardroom revelation of the winner will air live. The rest of the show was taped last year, including the final challenge segment.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
naynaystay71

Female
Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Bret Michaels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels   Bret Michaels Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 10:17 am

Holy crap, how much more can this guy go through. I'm definately praying for him.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

Bret Michaels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels   Bret Michaels Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:18 pm

I know! On top of that he is diabetic as well. All we can do is keep him in our prayers.
Back to top Go down
naynaystay71

Female
Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Bret Michaels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels   Bret Michaels Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 10:52 pm

I'm just shocked! He was on Oprah the other day. I've been really following this story, not just cuz I'm a fan, but my husband is a diabetic and the same age as Bret.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

Bret Michaels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels   Bret Michaels Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 10:12 am

I totally understand. My daughter Kathrine is diabetic too. It's scary on every level.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bret Michaels Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bret Michaels   Bret Michaels Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bret Michaels
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: In General :: Please Pray for-
Jump to: