Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

My Dad

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
naynaystay71

Female
Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2008-11-01

My Dad Empty
PostSubject: My Dad   My Dad Icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 8:14 pm

My dad has had some swelling in his lower extremities recently, first ankles and now groan area. He also has ans irregular haertbeat, low blood sugar (not diabetic) and high blood pressure. He is having some tests tomorrow to figure out why he is retaining so much fluid. He has gained 20lbs since mid July. Please pray that the doctors can figure out what's wrong and it can be treated. This is the first BIG health scare I have had with either one of my parents. Thanks. I'll keep you all posted.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

My Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Dad   My Dad Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 10:40 am

Of course Renee. He is in my prayers. Prayers to you too for the strength needed to support your parents. Please do let us know how things progress.

My Dad 531978 big hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
naynaystay71

Female

My Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Dad   My Dad Icon_minitimeFri Sep 17, 2010 6:29 pm

Dad went to the doc today. He had a CAT scan, at 3pm they were still waiting for results. I'm operating under the no news is good news mindset. Dr thinks something might be going on with his gallbladder. I say get rid of the fucker, you can live without it. They did not admit him to the hospital, yet, but sent him home on water pills to help with the fluid retention.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

My Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Dad   My Dad Icon_minitimeSat Sep 18, 2010 10:48 am

LOL....I love your attitude Renee. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and a prayer going that the "no news is good news" mindset works well.
Back to top Go down
naynaystay71

Female

My Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Dad   My Dad Icon_minitimeMon Sep 20, 2010 11:00 pm

Update: Dad went to the dr. today. His liver and panceras fuction are normal and his color is getting better. All good news. But they found something in his back were it looked like a piece of bone chipped off, so they are doing a bone scan. He is still retaining fluid so he has to keep his legs elevated. He also had a EKG and more blood work. Wish I had better news or a diagnoses. Stay tuned.
Back to top Go down
naynaystay71

Female

My Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Dad   My Dad Icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:09 pm

FINALLY admitted my dad to the hospital today!!! The bone scan came back negative for abnormalities and no cancer, just signs of aging. They are giving him IV meds for the fluid the he is retaining. Right now the areas they are consentrating on are the heart and prostate. He does have a history of heart problems nd high blood pressure. I am going home to see him tomorrow, I'll keep you all updated.
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

My Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Dad   My Dad Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 8:14 am

So sorry to hear about your dad as I just saw this. I also will keep you and your dad in my prayers. Keeping my fingers crossed they find out what is causing the problem and hopefully get your dad back on the road to recovery.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

My Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Dad   My Dad Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 1:30 pm

Sounds like all is good so far. I'll continue to keep him in my thoughts and prayers. Renee. (you too)
Back to top Go down
naynaystay71

Female

My Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Dad   My Dad Icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 8:17 pm

Went to see my dad today. I got there and he wasn't in his room, I thought "Shit, what hell" ! So I was going to the nurses station to ask where he was, then I heard his voice around the corner. He was out walking (dr wants him to do this 2x a day) for the 3rd time (overachiever) and found someone to talk to. According to my sister he is looking better and more alert. Drs. want to do a sleep study for sleep apnea and he is having another test on his liver tomorrow. The fluid has gone down but still remains.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

My Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Dad   My Dad Icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 11:33 am

Yay!! Sounds like things are a little better for you Dad.

I can just imagine what your first thought was walking into a hospital room and finding your dad not in his bed. My heart would have stopped at that moment.
Back to top Go down
naynaystay71

Female

My Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Dad   My Dad Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 7:43 pm

A lot has happened since I last updated you all. My dad has lost 24 lbs in the hospital, which was mostly fluid retention. He has been poked an probed every which way and has been in good spirts. His liver enzymes were high so drs. ordered more tests including another CAT, a MRI, and a bone marrow test. The results of the bone marrow came back that he has pneumonia, which I believe he got in the hospital, and early stage bone cancer. Which is the worst thing I could have imaged. Prayers are now more important than ever. FYI-Out of respect of my family's privacy if you want to know anything further or be updated about my dad's please PM me your email address. I will try to update weekly on how things are going. At this point all I know is he will be meeting with the cancer dr later this week to discuss treatment & going to the Mayo Clinic about his heart condition. Thank you to everyone for their thoughts and prayers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Dad   My Dad Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Dad
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: In General :: Please Pray for-
Jump to: