Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board!

Go down 
+3
azsoul
TaysLadybug
DreamHrt
7 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board!   Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 8:49 pm

Welcome everyone! I am so glad your here! I want to fill you in on the changes that are/will be taken place.
The Souls Board was formally The Real Deal Forum. A site I started in 2006 when Taylor won our hearts and souls on American Idol. I tried hard to keep this place updated and currant as the years went on. No matter how slow this forum would be. I did my best to up date it. Until this past year. Sadly I have lost my step dad, Mom and the father of my only son. Then to top it off my health took a turn for the worse. On the up side. I am mending now and back to being able to enjoy some of the things I have missed. Like this forum. When I finally came back to The Real Deal, I saw how deserted and cluttered it had become. It was time for a positive in my life. I needed to get back into this again. Many ideas have been floating around in my head. However feel free to post your own in the ideas thread! Anyway, I wanted to say thank you to all of my faithful friends and followers for showing me this place could never truly die. It just (like me) needed a good face lift! So, when you wander through the posts, do not be alarmed by some topics that still contain comments from 2006! I wanted to leave them here so we can all enjoy the sweet memories of yesterday and fulfill the love we still have today. For a Soul man named Taylor Hicks!
Re live the old and enjoy the new!
DreamHrt
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
TaysLadybug
Administrator
TaysLadybug

Female
Number of posts : 766
Location : Arkansas/Or where ever Taylor is im gettin closer lol
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board!   Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 9:16 pm

Looks good Jody good job Love you honey. kissy
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board!   Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 9:45 pm

The place is looking great Jodie. I think those creative juices have done you justice in both mind and spirit. Good job pea!
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board!   Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 12:25 pm

Jodi

Looks great... Thanks so much for the email, I've tried a lot to get in here or the old board many times, thought it was just me.

This is great to be able to see old friends and make new ones again just made my day..

Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board!   Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 3:00 pm

Were so happy your here! Missed you so much!
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board!   Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 1:58 pm

You're too sweet...
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board!   Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 2:58 pm

Naaa I am being honest!
Back to top Go down
DothanTaylorFan

DothanTaylorFan

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2011-11-05

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board!   Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 5:55 pm

I'm the new kid on the block. This looks like a very nice place. I'm still looking around & trying to get comfy. You've done a very nice job with the set up from what I can see. Thanks for the hard work.
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board!   Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 6:50 pm

I love graphic/web design as a hobby. I am just happy to know there are others who are enjoying it with me! Take your time, I do not plan on going anywhere!
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board!   Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 12:22 am

hello

Welcome DothanTaylorFan. Glad to have you onboard. I think you will find plenty of interesting things here. We look forward to seeing you around often. Have fun!
Back to top Go down
DothanTaylorFan

DothanTaylorFan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board!   Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 4:34 am

Thanks so much, y'all. nono
Back to top Go down
Snowbaby

Snowbaby

Female
Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board!   Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 6:53 am

Welcome DothanTaylorFan!...you'll love it here!

It has been so much fun going back and reading, yes especially the stuff from years ago. Made my heart smile big as can be, remembering all the good time and great people this man has brought into my life!....had a few laughs, shed a few tears...all so amazing!

Gonna get back to my story in the next few weeks....I never finished it, and it NEEDS to be done!...deserves to have a fitting ending. SO anyone who wants to come along for the adventure...I'm on it!
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board!   Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 7:42 am

Welcome, welcome DothanTaylorFan - we're so glad to have you. I love the Kowala. I do hope you'll come visit often and get to know our motley and merry band of misfits - there's plenty of love for you. I have a really good friend I grew up with who lives in Dothan - he says it's really very nice there. Full of good people, great food and plenty of good music to enjoy. My kinda place *g*. I gotta come visit eventually.
V - I await with bated breath here. The story needs finishing. But I'mm patient. Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board! 299357
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board!   Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 11:03 am

Seriously V......*tapping foot*
Back to top Go down
DothanTaylorFan

DothanTaylorFan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board!   Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 1:08 pm

Snowbaby wrote:
Welcome DothanTaylorFan!...you'll love it here!

It has been so much fun going back and reading, yes especially the stuff from years ago. Made my heart smile big as can be, remembering all the good time and great people this man has brought into my life!....had a few laughs, shed a few tears...all so amazing!

Gonna get back to my story in the next few weeks....I never finished it, and it NEEDS to be done!...deserves to have a fitting ending. SO anyone who wants to come along for the adventure...I'm on it!

Thanks so much, snowbaby. Are you a writer?
Back to top Go down
DothanTaylorFan

DothanTaylorFan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board!   Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 1:14 pm

tygrlllie wrote:
Welcome, welcome DothanTaylorFan - we're so glad to have you. I love the Kowala. I do hope you'll come visit often and get to know our motley and merry band of misfits - there's plenty of love for you. I have a really good friend I grew up with who lives in Dothan - he says it's really very nice there. Full of good people, great food and plenty of good music to enjoy. My kinda place *g*. I gotta come visit eventually.
V - I await with bated breath here. The story needs finishing. But I'mm patient. Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board! 299357
~tyg

Your friend is right - Dothan's a great place. Of course, we have some negatives things like every town, too, but it's really a lovely city. We've lived here almost 8 years. Hubby's company transferred us here. We're originally from WV - born & raised but lived for almost 20 years in NE Ohio just south of Canton, OH.

You should come visit your friend in Dothan, especially in November or even better March - that's when the azaleas & dogwood are blooming. It's so beautiful. If you come this time of year, we have the National Peanut Festival going on. It started on Friday & will run all week. Lots of live music.

There's also a new music festival that's starting up called Toadlick Music Festival. It's got some big names lined up. It will be from March 20-22, I think. I can't remember all the acts that will be performing but I know Sarah Evans, Montgomery Gentry & Blackberry Smoke are just a few.

Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board!   Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 7:41 pm

Wow, my family's all from Ohio - my Mom grew up in the Dayton-Vandalia area, my Dad just over the (Cincinnati) Ohio border in Erlanger, Kentucky, and step-father grew up in Lima, Ohio (where Glee is supposed to be from). I would love to get there and see Lance - that's my old friend, Lance Crenshaw - and his family. We've known one another since we were in elementary school and grew up in Orlando, Florida down the street from one another, but we lost track of each other for a while there, mainly because I moved to Kissimmee. But aren't computers awesome? We found one another via the net!
Living about an hour from Nashville has been wonderul - so much great music in and around here - but sounds to me like your festival is going to be one not to miss! I'm moving at Christmas time, back to the Sunshine State again, but I beyond love Alabama. I came to see Taylor three times already and just completely fell in love with it. Eventually, I would like to move there. Baby steps, though.I'll get there when the Big Guy Upstairs thinks I need to be there.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
DothanTaylorFan

DothanTaylorFan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board!   Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 8:05 pm

tygrlllie wrote:
Wow, my family's all from Ohio - my Mom grew up in the Dayton-Vandalia area, my Dad just over the (Cincinnati) Ohio border in Erlanger, Kentucky, and step-father grew up in Lima, Ohio (where Glee is supposed to be from). I would love to get there and see Lance - that's my old friend, Lance Crenshaw - and his family. We've known one another since we were in elementary school and grew up in Orlando, Florida down the street from one another, but we lost track of each other for a while there, mainly because I moved to Kissimmee. But aren't computers awesome? We found one another via the net!
Living about an hour from Nashville has been wonderul - so much great music in and around here - but sounds to me like your festival is going to be one not to miss! I'm moving at Christmas time, back to the Sunshine State again, but I beyond love Alabama. I came to see Taylor three times already and just completely fell in love with it. Eventually, I would like to move there. Baby steps, though.I'll get there when the Big Guy Upstairs thinks I need to be there.
~tyg

Alabama's a lovely place to live - love the weather. You get a small taste of the change of seasons but not bad winters - at least here in the SE corner of the state. We're only about 15 mins. from the Fla border & 15 mins. from the GA border.

Nashville would be wonderful live in, I would think. I love to sing gospel bluegrass music & I adore getting to sing with a live band. It would be so great to be around all those musicians. I sing & I can plunk out a tune on the piano but I'm not really gifted using a musical instrument & I really admire those who are.

If you ever make it to Dothan, you'll have to send me a pm to let me know. I'll give you our phone # & maybe we can meet up for lunch or a visit? It would be nice to meet another Taylor fan. Hubby likes Taylor, too. I might get him to come here & post some time. He posts at The Right Place once in awhile.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board!   Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 11:43 pm

Nice spot, there in that corner of the world. And here too - once I get to Florida, chances are good I'll hae a evolving door - you're welcome to come isit and well grab a bite. I'll be ure to let you know, too. Hubby's are always loved on, particularly when they are understanding - tell him hop on in, the water's fine *winks*. Has to deal with us being slightly perverted at times, but hey, there are advantages to that, you know. Or so I hear. I've been single for a loooooong time, lol.
Musically, Nashville is amazing, and as a fan, I'm in heaven often enough. I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket with handles, or a lid, Despite the screeching of cats in heat trying to accompany me notwithstanding, I still sing along in the car or when I'm on my own. Bless my tone deaf child, she puts up with it. I can pick out a tune on the piano a bit, but have never been able to learn an instrument with any real lessons - *sigh* Rich in spirit and love always, and always, always poor of pocket, lol.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
DothanTaylorFan

DothanTaylorFan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board!   Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 5:01 am

tygrlllie wrote:
Nice spot, there in that corner of the world. And here too - once I get to Florida, chances are good I'll hae a evolving door - you're welcome to come isit and well grab a bite. I'll be ure to let you know, too. Hubby's are always loved on, particularly when they are understanding - tell him hop on in, the water's fine *winks*. Has to deal with us being slightly perverted at times, but hey, there are advantages to that, you know. Or so I hear. I've been single for a loooooong time, lol.
Musically, Nashville is amazing, and as a fan, I'm in heaven often enough. I couldn't carry a tune in a bucket with handles, or a lid, Despite the screeching of cats in heat trying to accompany me notwithstanding, I still sing along in the car or when I'm on my own. Bless my tone deaf child, she puts up with it. I can pick out a tune on the piano a bit, but have never been able to learn an instrument with any real lessons - *sigh* Rich in spirit and love always, and always, always poor of pocket, lol.
~tyg

Thanks for the invite, hon. Where, without being too specific, are you thinking of moving to in Fla. I know we're on a public forum so I won't ask too many details. I have a nephew who lives in Hobe Sound.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board!   Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 7:38 am

We're thinking Lakeland area, as one of my best friends from childhood is already established there (Bobbie Ann). My other very best girl, Samantha, and her family moved there from Texas. They've all been after me and my daughter to live with them all for years and years and years, as my family - mostly - doesn't much care to have me around and they love me and want me happy. I couldn't until I got through (for now, anyway) school. Then, I wasn't terribly sure I could go with a clear conscience, but once my brother got called Home to Glory...well, there really isn't a lot keeping me here. I mean, it's hard for me, because of my Mother - I hate like fire I'm leaving her behind - but I must for my own sanity and health. The others know - my Mother's husband and I barely rub along without ripping one another to shreds as it is - I couldn't fathom living here forever. Everybody I know has been begging me to go from the minute they learn of my less than satisfactory life, shall we say?
~tyg
Back to top Go down
DothanTaylorFan

DothanTaylorFan

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board!   Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 8:39 am

Good luck with the move! Sometimes, a change of scenery is the best thing. Helps you get a new start in life & all the possibilities that brings. Wish you the very best. Having good friends already established there will be great for you.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board!   Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 10:14 am

I think so. It's time I really live instead of just exist, I think.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board!   Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 11:28 am

Did I read it right Dothan? You are from WV? That's so cool. I'm originally from Virginia. My dads' family lived there for many many years. My dad was in the Air Force so we did alot of moving around. When he got assigned to Arizona my mother decided she had enough and we settled in Tucson. Miss Virginia like crazy. Haven't been back since 2008.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board!   Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome To The Taylor Hicks Souls Board!
Page 1 of 1