Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Hi - I'm new Here

Go down 
+2
DreamHrt
DothanTaylorFan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DothanTaylorFan

DothanTaylorFan

Female
Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2011-11-05

Hi - I'm new Here Empty
PostSubject: Hi - I'm new Here   Hi - I'm new Here Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 5:00 pm

My friend maxine - merrymax - gave me the link to this place. She said it had opened up again. I've never been here before. I've always been DothanTaylorFan & used to post on AI at the beginning of Taylor's journey until he won. I used to post on Innie's site & am a member at The Right Place.

Maxie said that there are different Taylor fans here & I thought it would be interesting to make new Taylor fans. Oops - Taylor friends. Please excuse my senior moment.

I live in Dothan, AL. I'm married & have no children but we do have 4 little dogs & one cat. They keep me pretty busy. lol

Nice to meet y'all.

Last edited by DothanTaylorFan on Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Hi - I'm new Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi - I'm new Here   Hi - I'm new Here Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 6:54 pm

I noticed MerryMax was in here the other day, she never posted though. We might be a small group here but we are a fun group. We have become close friends throughout the years and we all know our hearts are big enough to fit more.
Hey animals are our kids too. I know mine are.
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Hi - I'm new Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi - I'm new Here   Hi - I'm new Here Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 12:27 am

:welcome1: DothanTaylorFan. I'm Denise Barlow aka azsoul from Tucson Arizona. Sure is nice to meet you. Hope to see you around as often as possible. Like Jodie said....we are a small group but we have fun here. We always love meeting new people.

clap
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
DothanTaylorFan

DothanTaylorFan

Female

Hi - I'm new Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi - I'm new Here   Hi - I'm new Here Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 4:29 am

Thanks for the kind greetings. Maxie doesn't post at forums much any more but she still keeps checking for Taylor news. But you never know, she just might stop in & say hi sometime. She's such a sweetie.

The other forum I go to is a small group, too. You don't have to be big to be a great place to visit. It's nice to have a cozy little place to snug into & know the folks have your back. Hi - I'm new Here 531978 That's the best kind of forum to my way of thinking.

Thanks for including me. Huggies!

Oh & Dreamhrt? Could you please change the title of my thread? I can't believe that I typed Knew instead of New. Sheesh! What a nimrod I am! Hi - I'm new Here 610414 Thanks so much!
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Hi - I'm new Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi - I'm new Here   Hi - I'm new Here Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 8:00 am

Welcome, Darlin'! We're s glad merrymax showed you the way here (and hopefully she'll pop in for a quick hug). I'm tygrlillie - tyg or tyggy for most of these rascals. I'm a single moher of one very loving and beautiful ten year old, Kerith, who I talk about an awful lot. I just graduated college last year and will be moving from Tennessee to Florida just after Christmas to live with people who love me and I love a big bunch. Looking forward to adopting fuzzy and furry family then. I have a very eclectic and massive taste in music. I often joke that if you can't find something to listen to in my house, then there's definately something wrong.I'm a prowrestling fan, too, and read just about everything I can get my hands on. I collect lot of things - from snow globes to Christmas ornaments to postcards to white tigers to silver picture frames - so, as you might imagine, my room is constantly brimming with interesting things to see, provided you mind whee you are stepping, because there is such an abundance of things. My brother used to tell me it's a lot like he imagined Times Square in New York might be - with colors and unique things that catch the eye each time you come in, with a little bit of New Orleans Mardi Gras, Central Florida theme parks, and down home Nashville tossed in the mix - not unlike me. I am probably the strangest person you ever will meet and the Princess of Useless Facts (my Mom being the Queen) - but you will find there's no one who loves me fiercely and will be your biggest cheerleader than me.So, we're glad to have you. Drop in anytime.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
DothanTaylorFan

DothanTaylorFan

Female

Hi - I'm new Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi - I'm new Here   Hi - I'm new Here Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 1:02 pm

Thanks so much, tyg. What a pretty name! Sounds like you have a lot on your plate! I'm most happy to meet the princess of useless facts. I'm the princess of conspiracy theories (& like you my mama was the queen) lol!.

Your name sounds familiar but I'm not sure where I've seen it. I don't think we've ever chatted before, though.

Glad to meet you!
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

Hi - I'm new Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi - I'm new Here   Hi - I'm new Here Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 11:26 pm

Hmm. I don't believe we've met, but that don't mean a lot - it might be we've run into one another at a show, or on a different board, or have mutual friends in common somewhere. God has blessed Taylor with an amazing group in the Soul Patrol - most of the people I've met have been so generous, kind, and amazing. I can't tell you some of the places in my heart that have been filled up nice and snug...and there is always, always room for more!
Oh yes, I always have something in the hopper. Ask these guys, they'll tell you - I'm forever dashing about here and there, getting this or that done. I believe in staying busy, and bore myself if I'm not doing something or another. In fact, starting tomarrow, I'm helping friends clean up their house in preperation for painting, which will be next week, we think, and new furniture.This, while cooking and cleaning around here, pacing up all my worldly goods, packing up my daughter's worldly goods, switching out summer/spring wardrobes for fall/winter (our closets are entirely too tiny), and reading around 3 books at once, plus I want to get a little writing in. Plus, there's church, and family here and friends who need this or that.....Yep, love being busy....
Now my name. I was called TygrBelle for years and years, but I found the name tygrlillie suited me better and have used it for a while now. There are many reasons why. First, it is the name of the Indian Princess in Barrie's Peter Pan. Since I never plan on growing up (and I'm guessing since she lives in Never Never Land, she doesn't either) and she's tough, fiecely protects those she loves, is strong, smart, and resourceful...I just really dig her. And even though I love faeries, Tink gets her fair share and Wendy hers...so...I thought she was and is often overlooked, as I often think I am. Second reason is it is part of a name of a classic movie, "What's up Tigerlily?" If somehow you missed it, go see if you can track down a copy - great film. Third, it is the name of Natalie Merchant's debut album after leaving 10,000 Maniacs. Her music just haunts me - that voice *shivers.* And she is such an amazing lyrical poet. Fourth, it is the name of Michael Hutchinsese's beautiful daughter. He was the lead singer of INXS - another big musical influence on me. She is being raised by Bob Geldof - another influence, might I add. (Useless Fact Time: Bob's wife divorced him to marry Michael and I believe killed herself after Michael died. Their child - no relation to him at all - Tigerlily is being raised with her half-siblings, so she has family around her. It's not been a peaches and cream blending for any of them at any point or by any stretch of the imagination, but bless him for trying to keep the kids together, huh?) Fifth, I'm a sucker for tigers. White tigers particularly. I think they are just gorgeous, and graceful, big, beautiful, wise, soulful creatures - and I was actually born in the year of the Tiger, according to the Chinese Zodiac (and so was my brother) though I swear I didn't know that when I first started to get into tigers. Sixth, lilies are lovely flowers, signifying strength, renewal, rebirth,power, and simple goodness of heart and spirit. In Greece, lillies are supposedly from the milk of Hera - Zues's wife, and basically the Queen Goddess.They are flowers of purity, devotion, sympathy,friendship, wealth, prosperity, chastity, and virtue - all things I strive for.
Lilies represent faith and hope, promise and birth. It can represent sensuality, innocence, Alchemically, it represents the moon. Christian faith looks at lilies as symbols of Mother Mary: mind, divinity, unity, and humility.In dreams, lilies represent the sanctity of the heart, clensing, clarity, and elegance. If one is holding a lily in dreams, that person is highly respected. It indicates a...almost a sef-actualization. Coming into one's own. It is said that lilies symbolize freedom, growth, development, and progress in estoteric and mystery circles. In Tarot cards, lilies appear in the Temperance, the Magician, and the Ace of Pentacles cards. It is symbolic of health and new relationships or relationships deepening, maturing.Lilies represent psychic power, and highly emotional.Lilies represent a love of the arts and a natural gravitation towards them as well and healing and nuturing. They represent water in all its glory, yet also the stars of the Milky Way also. It represents communication and intuition. Lilies represent harity and royalty (there's that princess thing again, lol). In short, lilies are amazing hardy lttle ladies, who bloom in a rainbow of colors periannially and mean so much for such a seemingly small thing, wouldn't you agree? Seventh, is the juxtipocation of a strong thing - a tiger - and a seemingly fragile thing - a lily. I am both sides to this coin as anyone who knows me can tell you. Eighth, I see the word lily as something close to Lilith, who in biblical terms facinates me. Ninth, is I spell my name tygrlillie not to just be unique - which believe me I am - but the tyg, particularly in small letters as I do, symbolically stands for my standing humble before God. The letters - for me - actually stand for thank you God, to remind me to be grateful and awed by Him in almost all I do. Now, tigerlilies themselves, well, they represent a lot too: wisdom, integity,energy, balance, unchangability, fidelity, compassion, dignity, happiness, truth, bravery, endurance, mercy pysical and mental toughness, and pride.It's connected to Goddesses Juno, Kwan Y'in, and Venus, but more the masculine sides of them. They have a light scent, and can grow up to four feet tall, with an exotic - and near dangerous - beauty.
So, you got yourself a novel. And the Princess of Useless facts must now retire to sleep, for she had much to do upon the morning and it will be here entirely too soon. 'Nite gang.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
DothanTaylorFan

DothanTaylorFan

Female

Hi - I'm new Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi - I'm new Here   Hi - I'm new Here Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 5:11 am

Tyg, I love your energy! It bounds out of your writing, like the tiger you love so much. I enjoyed reading all the reasons for your name. My is so highly inspired - Taylor Dothan Fan. LOL LOL. You can tell I put a lot of thought into it.Hi - I'm new Here 91607rdgh2ugisl

Back to top Go down
DothanTaylorFan

DothanTaylorFan

Female

Hi - I'm new Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi - I'm new Here   Hi - I'm new Here Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 5:13 am

Dreamhrt - thank you so much for correcting my thread title.Hi - I'm new Here 948521dz52i3dqyw
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

Hi - I'm new Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi - I'm new Here   Hi - I'm new Here Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 7:45 am

I walk with my little padded feet, with stelth and grace. In other words, I over-analyze everything, right down to and including my name! *laughs*
What a lovely compliment - I thank you. It sure feels like I have the energy of twenty people. Until about 2 pm. Then I need a catnap.......
~tyg
Back to top Go down
DothanTaylorFan

DothanTaylorFan

Female

Hi - I'm new Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi - I'm new Here   Hi - I'm new Here Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 8:41 am

tygrlllie wrote:
I walk with my little padded feet, with stelth and grace. In other words, I over-analyze everything, right down to and including my name! *laughs*
What a lovely compliment - I thank you. It sure feels like I have the energy of twenty people. Until about 2 pm. Then I need a catnap.......
~tyg

I sure understand the afternoon nap. I'm a diabetic & most afternoons I need that nap badly. lol
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

Hi - I'm new Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi - I'm new Here   Hi - I'm new Here Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 10:12 am

I call it becoming unplugged lol
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

Hi - I'm new Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi - I'm new Here   Hi - I'm new Here Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 10:19 am

I, too, am diabetic...though I monitor mine with diet and exersize (my biggest sin is soda addiction, shhhh!). I can't wait to move because I won't be stuck with these four walls any more - I can bike ride, walk, do whatever I want and not hae to answer to anybody for it. You know, to some, the littlist convieniences are tremendous blessings.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
DothanTaylorFan

DothanTaylorFan

Female

Hi - I'm new Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi - I'm new Here   Hi - I'm new Here Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 11:07 am

DreamHrt wrote:
I call it becoming unplugged lol

That's a good one - i say it's like someone turns my key to the off position. lol
Back to top Go down
DothanTaylorFan

DothanTaylorFan

Female

Hi - I'm new Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi - I'm new Here   Hi - I'm new Here Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 11:08 am

tygrlllie wrote:
I, too, am diabetic...though I monitor mine with diet and exersize (my biggest sin is soda addiction, shhhh!). I can't wait to move because I won't be stuck with these four walls any more - I can bike ride, walk, do whatever I want and not hae to answer to anybody for it. You know, to some, the littlist convieniences are tremendous blessings.
~tyg

Sorry to hear you're in the club - exercise that you enjoy is best - you'll be more likely to do it then. At least that's been my experience.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

Hi - I'm new Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi - I'm new Here   Hi - I'm new Here Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 11:36 am

I'm not diabetic myself but I do have a diabetic daughter so I can relate to everything y'all are talking about. Catnaps, in my opinion are so good for the body. You always get that little extra boost of energy afterwards to get through the day.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

Hi - I'm new Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi - I'm new Here   Hi - I'm new Here Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 3:08 pm

I'm thinking swimming, biking, and one of the dance games for Wii. I heard Santa might just be deliering one of those to a certain girl here in Clarksville....
I saw the game at Kerith's school festival the other day. Looked like fun and quite the workout!
~tyg
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

Hi - I'm new Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi - I'm new Here   Hi - I'm new Here Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 6:47 pm

Hi - I'm new Here 584949 Yeah she gonna be spoiled this year! I love to spoil kids.. to bad I am to broke lol
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

Hi - I'm new Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi - I'm new Here   Hi - I'm new Here Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 7:38 pm

OMG....the Wii is awesome! Last year while I was visiting my daughter in California the boys and I did the Wii Fit. So much fun despite my sore knees. Jonathan got a Wii for Christmas last year. I got addicted to it. We are always playing games on that thing everytime I visit. LOL
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

Hi - I'm new Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi - I'm new Here   Hi - I'm new Here Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 10:49 am

I heard good things about the Wii Fit, and I might just go with that too. Is it fun then? I'm not a big gamer, myself, but it sure looked like fun to me.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

Hi - I'm new Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi - I'm new Here   Hi - I'm new Here Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 1:53 pm

Hi Dot.. I think I've been on a board with you at some point before.. Oh and I love Maxine (merrymax) She's such a sweetheart.. How is she doing, I really have to email her very soon..

You'll like it here, I always have but am just getting back to posting again the last week or so. Hope to see you around lots.

Sandi
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

Hi - I'm new Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi - I'm new Here   Hi - I'm new Here Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 6:48 pm

Yes it is Tyg! I was intimadated by it the first time I saw it. But once I got started using the Wii Fit I found I loved it. Give it a try.
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Hi - I'm new Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi - I'm new Here   Hi - I'm new Here Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 6:54 pm

Hi - I'm new Here 322546 Welcome to this site Dorthan. It is always nice to meet new fans of our wonderful Taylor. I have been a member of this site for quite some time. I won't bore you with details of myself as I just posted them in this section of "Hmmmm" however I hope to chat with you on different sections on this forum.

Again welcome!
Back to top Go down
DothanTaylorFan

DothanTaylorFan

Female

Hi - I'm new Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi - I'm new Here   Hi - I'm new Here Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 11:57 pm

concertcris wrote:
Hi - I'm new Here 322546 Welcome to this site Dorthan. It is always nice to meet new fans of our wonderful Taylor. I have been a member of this site for quite some time. I won't bore you with details of myself as I just posted them in this section of "Hmmmm" however I hope to chat with you on different sections on this forum.

Again welcome!

Thanks for the warm welcome, cris.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi - I'm new Here Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi - I'm new Here   Hi - I'm new Here Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi - I'm new Here
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Forum Happenings :: Getting to know you-
Jump to: