Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Down To Four - 12/14/11

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Down To Four - 12/14/11 Empty
PostSubject: Down To Four - 12/14/11   Down To Four - 12/14/11 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 9:10 am

Down To Four - 12/14/11 42519 Hi there. Yeppers it is semi-final time and our four acts will be performing two songs each tonight. Sort of hard to believe this show is soon coming to an end. Tonight we begin with repeat scenes of last week's surprise that Rachel Crow was voted off. Lots of comments from both the judges and the contestants amongst the welcome from Steve Jones to the audience, viewers and judges.

This week our judges will not pick who stays or goes as it is all viewer votes that will eliminate one act this week. Our acts will first be performing songs that the viewers picked for them.

Steve asks Simon Cowell how Rachel Crow is bearing up on her elimination. Seems Simon actually has not seen her but feels she is a survivor. Nicole Scherzinger who felt so badly about this elimination is handling the boos and negativity and it has made her stronger. I wish people would realize that is was not Nicole who sent Rachel home. Now enough of this, let's get to the performances.

Down To Four - 12/14/11 683635 Marcus Canty takes the stage first with his viewer's choice which is "I'll Make Love To You" by Boys II Men. I thought Marcus looked good as he carried a rose which he gives to a girl in the audience. His vocal was good but really did not make me jump out of my seat as he basically sang it like the original group. I liked the cloud effect in the back but do have to agree with Simon that the background dancers were a distraction. Nicole felt like Marcus was bringing sexy back and he was real classy. Paula calls him a solid entertainer. Simon of course mentions the distractions but does feel Marcus sang the song well. L.A. Reid says "it takes great taste to know great taste" and stands by the performance. My grade: B

I love the energy that Chris Rene gives off as he performs the song "I Just Wanna Fly" by Sugar Ray. It was a fairly good vocal although Chris is not the best singer left, however again I am not wowed. As the audience chants Chris's name, Nicole says Chris makes us feel good. Paula Abdul goes out on a limb and thinks Chris's performance looks like 5 million dollars. Simon gives Chris 7 out of 10 for the performance and does like the song choice. L.A. thinks he sparkles like a star. My grade: B

I am not wild about the viewer choice for Melanie Amaro as everyone seems to have covered this song. It is Mariah Carey's "Hero". Why on earth could they not pick any other power singer song for her. Melanie of course does make it her own and her vocal was extremely good but again I am not totally blown away. L.A. feels the song was predictable and really did not see her passion for the song in the beginning. Nicole on the other hand says she is inspiring and liked the song choice. Paula sort of agrees but is not wild about the arrangement. Simon defends her by saying the performance was not karaoke, Melanie put a stamp on the song and it was bloody fantastic. My grade: B+

I was surprised by the song choice for Josh Krajcik. It is "Come Together" by The Beatles. I really figured the viewers would pick someone like Joe Cocker or Pearl Jam for Josh to sing. Josh does give it his all and it becomes more like a rocker song. While the vocal was good I wish Josh would connect more to the audience as he performs. L.A. however enjoyed this performance and feels Josh is back after two rather dull weeks. Paula says he attacks our souls and would pay anything to see Josh in concert. Simon agrees that Josh came back strong this week. Nicole describes Josh "living and breathing fire" and of course she is proud of him. My grade: B+

Down To Four - 12/14/11 322546 Now comes the judges picks for our acts. Each contestant says a few comments regarding their life and how much this would mean to them to win.

Marcus thanks his mom for all her support before he performs "Careless Whisper" by Wham. I feel like he made this song his own and he looked great in his white suit. I liked it but again not blown away. Nicole thought the song choice was unexpected but felt Marcus did his thing. Paula liked the upbeat ballad. Simon however calls this performance horrific, grotesque and felt the song choice was a joke. L.A. defends his choice and thought Marcus was fabulous and looks like a champion. My grade: B+

Chris Rene talks about his regret about how he let his father down. His father died of Cancer sadly and Chris hopes to make him proud by becoming a better person. I think Chris's dad would have loved this performance of "No One" by Alicia Keys. Chris starts the number off playing the piano and then gets up to finish the number. I personally thought this was the best performance Chris has ever given. Nicole mentions Chris's spirit which transcends to the audience. Paula flat out says she loves Chris. Simon makes Chris break down in tears as he says Chris delivered big time and feels he has heart. L.A. is proud and says Chris has loveability. I think so too. My grade: A

Melanie Amaro wants to provide financial security for her family and is so excited when she gets a text from Mariah Carey who gives her support for her career. Tonight Melanie shows what a powerhouse singer she is on the song "Feeling Good" by Nina Simone among others who have had a hit with this song. I loved it and had a hard time controlling the chills going up and down my spine as she sang. That end note was awesome! L.A. loves the song choice and feels Melanie killed it. Nicole and Paula say bravo. Simon thinks Melanie has been a bit of an underdog but is so glad he brought her back. Me too. My grade: A+

Josh Krajcik talks about how he felt like a failure and is so thankful his brother was there to help him out when he had no money for rent and gave him a place to live. I have to admit that Josh playing the piano and singing "Hallelujah" really brought the emotion out of me as I felt the tears welling up. It was that beautiful to my ears. L.A. is a fan but felt the performance lacked excitement (what bunk!). Paula thinks Josh is the one to beat as she felt he opened up his heart on this number. Simon calls the performance sincere and emotional. Nicole feels Josh is a gift and I so agree. My grade: A+

Down To Four - 12/14/11 396952 Wow, what a night. I have no idea who will be sent home but I am thinking it will probably be Marcus Canty as he has landed in the bottom so often. Regardless I know I would definitely buy music from any of these very talented four. On the results show we will find out who makes the finals. I know who I hope does for sure.

Be back later with the results. Until then have a great day!
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Down To Four - 12/14/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Down To Four - 12/14/11   Down To Four - 12/14/11 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 10:14 am

Sadly I was super busy yesterday and last night. Missed watching the show. Again, I am so thankful for your recaps Crystal. After reading about Josh and Melanie's performances I'm very sad I missed them. Will have to look them up on Youtube.

Looking forward to seeing tonights results show. I'm with you. I think Marcus will be the one going home this week after so many times being in the bottom. We shall see.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com

Down To Four - 12/14/11
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reality Music shows :: The X-Factor-
Jump to: