Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

The Acts Sing Two Songs - 12/5/12

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

The Acts Sing Two Songs - 12/5/12 Empty
PostSubject: The Acts Sing Two Songs - 12/5/12   The Acts Sing Two Songs - 12/5/12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 10:23 am

The Acts Sing Two Songs - 12/5/12 42519 Hi there. Well as mentioned in my title our top six will be performing two songs each this week. After re-caps of last week, welcoming the hosts and the judges we find that each act will do an "unplugged" version of a song and then a Pepsi challenge song which the viewers voted on for each act to perform. Before we get to the performances a shout-out congrats to Mario Lopez who married over the weekend. I saw the pictures of this and his bride is definitely a beauty as well as their daughter.

Now for the performances......

The Acts Sing Two Songs - 12/5/12 857532 First up is CeCe Frey who un-believably is still in the competition. Her unplugged song is Lady GaGa's "Edge of Glory". She starts her song sitting on a piano looking lovely however nothing could masked the fact that CeCe has pitch issues when she sings. I will say she did have a few good notes but overall this was not that great. L.A. who says he is starting to become a fan called it good but not great. Britney agreed with this. Simon Cowell was brutal by saying she is a fighter but not worth a 5 million dollar contract. Demi of course defended her girl and called this one of her best and hopes her fans will keep her in the competition. My grade: B-

The Pepsi Challenge song that was chosen by the viewers for CeCe is "Part of Me" by Katy Perry. I should also note here that the viewers also had a say in what the stage and outfits should be for the performances. This was indeed a big stage production with CeCe reminding me of Daisy of L'il Abner fame with her attire. Sadly once again CeCe had pitch issues although her big note towards the end was good. L.A. was meaner this time around calling the rendition karaoke and not loving it. Britney thought it was entertaining. Simon likes CeCe's definance but again was not wowed. Demi is proud of her. My grade: C

The Acts Sing Two Songs - 12/5/12 689238We now see the start of several disagreements between Simon Cowell and Demi Lovato. I honestly think these two do not like each other at all. The unplugged version of Bruno Mars hit "Just The Way You Are" sung by Emblem3 is what started the argument between these two judges. Emblem3 opted to have guitars this week but it was obvious that these three guys are not the best singers. I frankly have never thought they were as good as the teeny-bopper girls think they are. Vocally it was just okay in my book. L.A. Reid however thought it was pretty good and liked their harmony. Mis-guided Britney called it their best so far (huh?). I feel for once Demi was right on point when she said it wasn't their best and they were a down-graded version of The Jonas Brothers from five years ago. Simon argued that Demi was incredibly dumb to make that comment and feels his boys did well. My grade: B-

Emblem3's Pepsi challenge song is "Forever Young" by Rod Stewart. Again I am not blown away and they performed this number with the sameness of other performances they have given. Vocally the solo parts were truly rough but their saving grace was the harmony they displayed as they sang. Both L.A. and Britney need to have their hearing checked out I think. L.A. thinks they nailed it while Britney calls them superstars. Demi was kinder this round but wants them to command the stage more. Simon of course calls them really good. My grade: C

The Acts Sing Two Songs - 12/5/12 396952Normally I am liking Carly Rose Sonneclar when she sings but this week I was sort of disappointed in both of her performances. Her version of Justin Bieber's "As Long As You Love Me" just sounded so-so to my ears. Of course alot of her performance was not heard very well due to the screaming audience (jeesh I wish they would shut up when people sing). L.A. thinks she showed strength as a recording artist. Britney feels she made the song her own. Demi feels she sang it better than the original singer. Simon feels he is seeing a star emerge. My grade: B

For the Pepsi challenge song, Carly sings "If I Were A Boy" by Beyonce. Frankly I think Rachel Crow from last season sang this better. Carly's lower register was too low in my opinion although she got better in the chorus. Again I am not that impressed. L.A. calls her so good. Britney thinks she is the definition of The X-Factor. Again Simon and Demi have a tiff even though both thought she was phenomal. My grade: B

The Acts Sing Two Songs - 12/5/12 833804Fifth Harmony takes the stage to perform an un-plugged version of Adele's "Set Fire To The Rain". I might add here that Ally Brooke did go home for her grandfather's funeral but did make it back in time to perform with her group. I felt the solo parts were pretty good but again they did little harmony. L.A. brings this up once again. Britney calls it a nice rendition but really can not say what makes this girl group better than other girl groups. Demi does not feel like this group thing has clicked yet. Simon argues that the girls have worked hard on their performances and likes them. My grade: B

On the Pepsi challenge song is where Fifth Harmony really shined I think. They sing "Give Your Heart A Break" originally by judge Demi Lovato. The harmony was really good in my opinion as well as the solos. L.A. finally agrees this was their best effort and could hear the harmony as well. Britney agrees they were good. Demi thinks they sounded beautiful. Simon thanks America for keeping these girls in the running and feels they are a legit as a girl group. My grade: B+

The Acts Sing Two Songs - 12/5/12 57823Okay Diamond White can sing however her rendition of James Brown's classic "It's A Man's World" was just okay for me. Let's face it both Joshua Ledei of American Idol and Juliet Simms from The Voice did this so much better. L.A. liked how Diamond brought attitude to the song. Britney feels she nailed it. Demi agrees she did pull this difficult song off. Simon is the only real deal as he mentions there were screeching parts during this number. My grade: B-

Once again I do not like the rendition that Diamond gives to the song "Diamonds". I truly don't care for this song at all no matter who sings it. For me Diamond sounded like she was struggling to hit the notes. L.A. flat out says he didn't like it. Britney thinks the song was made for her. Demi is complimentary by saying she did the song justice. Simon liked the second half better than the first and feels she has had a good night. I can not agree with this. My grade: C

The Acts Sing Two Songs - 12/5/12 530611Now comes my total favorite of the night. Tate Stevens is doing an un-plugged version to Bon Jovi's "Living On A Prayer". I liked his take even though he did not go for the high notes. While he did have background singers you could clearly hear Tate's voice over them. Surprisely except for L.A. (his mentor) the other judges were not impressed. Britney feels he did not stick to his country roots. Demi claims she is a fan but was bored. Simon says the number was like taking a goldfish for a walk. In other words it just did not work and did not like the song choice. Okay, they obviously heard something else because I liked it alot. My grade: A

Tate's Pepsi challenge song is "If Tomorrow Never Comes" by Garth Brooks. While I did hear a pitch note here and there I thought overall this performance was soothing and beautiful. The judges liked this more also with Britney calling Tate brilliant, Demi thinking Tate has a great future ahead of him even though she includes the comment she is sleepy and Simon glad that Tate is representing country music so well in this competition. L.A. of course felt Tate was great. My grade: B+

The Acts Sing Two Songs - 12/5/12 945178It is kind of hard to know what the voters will do since I feel they have made alot of mistakes already. I personally hope both Tate Stevens and Carly Rose Sonneclar make it to the top four. My picks to go this week are CeCe Frey and Emblem3 although I also feel Diamond White might be in danger.

Be back later with the re-cap. Hope you all stay safe and enjoy your day.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

The Acts Sing Two Songs - 12/5/12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Acts Sing Two Songs - 12/5/12   The Acts Sing Two Songs - 12/5/12 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 10:37 am

OK....with all my favorite shows taking production time off until the next season which starts in January I decided trying to watch X Factor again. Sorry girls. I could not get passed Khloe. I think it would be much better if they let Mario Lopez host by himself. He's hot, got personality just like Ryan Seacrest. This, of course, is just my opinion. By the way, congratulations are in order for Mario on his recent marriage.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com

The Acts Sing Two Songs - 12/5/12
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reality Music shows :: The X-Factor-
Jump to: