Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Girl's Night - 2/13/13

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Girl's Night - 2/13/13 Empty
PostSubject: Girl's Night - 2/13/13   Girl's Night - 2/13/13 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 9:46 am

Girl's Night - 2/13/13 338312Hi all. Tonight being practically shoved down our throats is the fact that Ryan Seacrest among others kept saying a girl will definitely win this season. If what we saw on tonight's rushing two hours of performances is any indication I say the judges were drinking something other than Coke in those cups of theirs. Not one girl blew me away although I did see a couple of potentials.

Seems 162 girls have made it to Hollywood. As was done with the guys lines of ten will perform acapella before we get to the group rounds. Several of the girls I had hoped would make it to the group rounds did not. This included Mariah Pulice, Megan Miller and Ashlee Smith. One thing that really bummed me out was we actually only got to see a small portion of the solos and I have decided not to say who we saw but will get to the group rounds right away. One last note is approximately 76 girls make it past the solos which are made into 19 groups. We do not see some of them as well which sucked I think. Here goes...

Girl's Night - 2/13/13 322546Here are the only two girl groups who did quite well. I must also add that Randy Jackson was producing this day so it is only Mariah Carey, Keith Urban and Nicki Minaj who judge the first few groups.

The Swagettes who consist of Kamaria Ousley, Melinda Ademi, Candice Glove and Denise Jackson do a fairly good job with the song "Hit Em Up Style" originally by Blu Cantrell. I feel Melinda was the weakest of the group but overall it went good. Each of these girls make the next round of solo performances.

Raisin Kane did a nice job with the Dixie Chicks "Sin Wagon". This group consisted of Morgan Leigh Boberg, Lauren Mink, Brandy Hotard and Jenny Beth Willis. They make it as well.

Girl's Night - 2/13/13 767138From here on in it is pretty much downhill for most of the groups as so many could not remember their lyrics and had them written on their hands and arms. The judges should have went by the Simon Cowell rule; if you forget your lyrics you are gone. Some really stupid decisions were made by the judges. Here is a sampling.....

Almost Famous consisted of Savannah Votion, Lizz Weiss, Daysia Hall and J'Leigh Chauvin. Their choice of song is "Somebody I Used To Know" by Gotye. The only one I felt was creative was Savannah as she worked hard to get the girls to harmonize plus when she forgot some of her words she sang with lyrics that made sense. The others were downright awful. However, the stupid judges opt to send Daysia threw to the next round with the others going home.

A truly terrible group known as The Dramatics have Christabel Clack, Janell Stinney, Kris Mincey and one other girl whose name I did not catch slaughtering the song "If I Die Young". With un-real disbelief, the judges send all four girls to the next round. What are they drinking in those cups I wonder.

Urban Hue have Seretha Guinn, Tenna Torres, Kiara Laniar plus one other trying to sing "American Boy" by Estelle. Three stay with Seretha being the only one sent home. I did not like this decision one bit.

Randy Jackson is back just in time to see The Glue Snaps (I think that was the name). This group has Erin Christine, Zoanette Johnson (she is a real mess in my opinion), Lauren Bettes and Isabelle. They perform "Knock On Wood". It wasn't bad but Lauren Bettes gets eliminated and the others go to the up-coming solo rounds.

Handsome Woman have Liz Bills, Shira Gav(her name is really long which is why I shortened it), Alisha Dixon and Courtney Calle. Liz spends much of her time looking for her group since she did very little rehearsal with them. To the song "Somebody I Used To Know" it turns out Liz is the only one who remembers the lyrics and the other three are sent home. Shira tries to get the judges to reconsider but it is a definite no.

For You made a huge mistake of changing their song two hours before they audition in front of the judges. The original choice was "Total Eclipse Of The Heart" but change to the Goyte song. Stephanie Schimel, Alex Delaney, Kalli Therinae and Holly Miller have a rough go with their performance however the judges choose to let Stephanie and Holly go to the next round with the other two going home.

Brittany Kellogg, Kree Harrison, Brandy Neeley and Haley Davis are The Dolly Chicks. Their song "Sin Wagon" by The Dixie Chicks is not done very well. Seems Haley went to bed and then writes the lyrics on her arm and hand. Such a lousy decision to let Haley be one of the three that get to go to the next round. Only Brandy Neeley is cut.

Now comes The Misfits. Angela Miller, Janell Arthur and Briana (missed the last name) are pretty normal girls. They are teamed with the wacky Kez Ban who is jumping all over the place, has some odd comments and pretty much does not do much rehearsing with the other three. They are singing "Be My Baby" originally by The Ronettes. It's a surprise that they do fairly well and all make it to the next round.

Girl's Night - 2/13/13 833804Final Thoughts:
As I said prior no one blew me away but it will be interesting to see how the survivors of the group rounds will do in the next step which is the solo round. Hopefully the judges pick really deserving contestants for the top 20 girls.

We also will learn which 8 guys will be cut to make up the top 20 guys. Be back later with the results.

Girl's Night - 2/13/13 1863576907Happy Valentine's Day to one and all. Take care!
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Girl's Night - 2/13/13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Girl's Night - 2/13/13   Girl's Night - 2/13/13 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 11:02 pm

Bummed......

Hope you had a nice Valentine's Day Crystal and Mae.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com

Girl's Night - 2/13/13
Page 1 of 1