Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Top 40 Chosen - 2/14/13

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Top 40 Chosen - 2/14/13 Empty
PostSubject: Top 40 Chosen - 2/14/13   Top 40 Chosen - 2/14/13 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 9:25 pm

Top 40 Chosen - 2/14/13 555837Wow, I got mighty frustrated trying to find this site since the name has changed again. Hopefully those who actually read my re-caps will be able to find it too.

Top 40 Chosen - 2/14/13 474588Okay, I am over my rant so let's get down to business on what happened on this night of Valentine's Day. By the way hope your day was filled with lots of love from family and friends. Here goes........

Our show is starting out with the fact than in 12 seasons of American Idol, only four girls have won the title. They are of course, Kelly Clarkson, Fantasia, Carrie Underwood and Jordin Sparks. The way this season is going they are really pushing for a girl to win this year.

After the group rounds were said and done only 47 girls remained to perform a solo before the top 20 girls are chosen. What got me about this is only a selected few were shown before they announced who would go on to Las Vegas. Here are the ones that were shown:

Angela Miller is up first playing the piano with the band as she performs an original song. The song is called "You Set Me Free". I really liked it and so do the judges who give her a standing ovation. I knew right then and there she was a shoo-in for the top 20.

Janelle Arthur who has tried three times to make it in the live shows does a nice job singing "I Told You So" by Randy Travis. I liked her control and I could tell the judges did too.

This next girl has been shown alot during the Hollywood rounds. Her name is Candice Glover and she performs the song "This Girl Is On Fire" by Alicia Keys. I really do not like this song at all but Candice does well with it.

I could not believe how favorable the judges acted when Zoanette Johnson took the stage to play the drums and not really sing but yell lyrics. She made up the song she says and because the band is not following her tempo she ends up dropping one of her drumsticks. This woman looks like a bag lady with her awful clothing, dyed blond hair which normally looks quite wild.

We next hear that all the girls I just mentioned are in the top 20 plus Jett Hermano who we did not see perform.

Kiara Lanier is cut from the show.

Then in fast clips we see Shubha Vedula sing "Believe" and Julianna Chahayed doing the Stevie Nicks song "Changes". Each did just okay for me personally.

Kez Ban who has been a real whack job throughout does a really dumb original which only has a few words. She is eliminated on the spot but asks Ryan for a job. They have her carry the boom mike as we go to commercial.

Seems Briana Oakley and Ashlee Felicano are eliminated as well.

Melinda Ademi does an upbeat performance to the song "Look To The Left". I liked her as did the judges.

Kree Harrison has barely escaped being eliminated throughout this season but like Keith Urban she gave me chills as she performed the song "Stars" by Grace Potter.

Top 40 Chosen - 2/14/13 338312The solos are now over and I felt robbed that we did not see more of the performances. There are 24 girls left and three are eliminated right away. This leaves 21 so the judges opt to hear a quick performance from Stephanie Schimel who sings "Home" by Phil Phillips. We also hear Rachel Hale singing country (sorry did not recognize the song). I liked Stephanie better but of course the judges cut her and keep Rachel.

Then we get to the guys. Remember they needed to cut 8 more guys to get our top 20 from that group. Again we hear two more quick solos. First is Adam Sanders who does the song "What Do You Say" originally by Elton John. It was just okay. Next is someone we have not seen much of named Josh Holiday who does "Georgia". My question is why haven't we seen this guy much as he does have a very good voice. He gets so excited doing his number that he splits the seam of his pant's leg.

I won't name the cuts of the 8 guys because it went so fast but I felt kind of bad for David Leathers who has tried out twice now and been cut in the same round. He vows he is done with American Idol.

Top 40 Chosen - 2/14/13 585964We now have our top 40 who will go to the next round which is in Las Vegas.

The girls are: Adriana Latonio, Amber Holcomb, Angela Miller, Aubrey Cleland, Brandy Hotard, Brianna Steer, Candice Glover, Cristabel Clack, Isabelle (Pasqualone, she opts to only use her first name), Janelle Arthur, Jenny Beth Willes, Jett Hermano, Juliana Chahayed, Kamaria Ousley, Kree Harrison, Melinda Ademi, Rachel Hale, Shubha Vedula, Tenna Torres and to my dismay Zoanette Johnson.

The guys are: Bryant Tadeo, Burnell Taylor, Charlie Askew(yea), Chris Watson, Cortez Shaw, Curtis Finch Jr., David Willis, Devin Velez, Elijah Lui, Gurpreet Singh Sarin, Jimmy Smith, Johnny Keyser, Josh Holiday, Joshua "JDA" Davila (oh yuck), Kevin Harris, Lazaro Arbos, Manthanee Treco, Nick Boddington, Paul Jolley and Vincent Powell.

Many of these people we have yet to see perform a full song. In Las Vegas each will be performing in front of a "live" audience. They each get one chance, one song. Hopefully we see some of the others who we have not seen much of.

I will now call this a wrap and hope your week ahead is a safe and happy one. Take care all!
Top 40 Chosen - 2/14/13 957302
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Top 40 Chosen - 2/14/13   Top 40 Chosen - 2/14/13 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 6:14 pm

does the voting rounds start next week?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Top 40 Chosen - 2/14/13   Top 40 Chosen - 2/14/13 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 10:59 pm

I missed this part because I spent V-day with the grandkids. Thanks for the re-caps. I can't place names and faces so I will have to watch this week to see who made it into the top 40. Mae, I don't think the voting rounds start just yet. To be honest, I don't really know who I'm voting for this season. Usually by now I've got four or five favorites. Nobody really blew me away this season. *sigh* Plus the fact I didn't pay much attention to the auditions to begin with. Could not stand listening to Nikki. Her voice gets on my nerves.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Top 40 Chosen - 2/14/13   Top 40 Chosen - 2/14/13 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 7:29 am

I'm with you Deni, Nicki's voice gets on my nerves as well. Also like you no one has truly wowed me to want to vote. Sure hope we see more of who has not been shown much. Right now, I see some potentials but overall not sure this season will be that great. Can not wait to get to the "live" shows.

By the way, did you all read that Khloe Kardashian and Britney Spears have been fired from The X-Factor? Glad to see Khloe got the axe. As for Britney well she did not do much to earn the money they paid her.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Top 40 Chosen - 2/14/13   Top 40 Chosen - 2/14/13 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 10:40 am

I heard about Brittney but not Khloe. I don't follow that show anyway so whatever works for them. I'm waiting for the next season of The Voice to start anyway. =)

I'm with you about the "live" shows. I'm hoping that when those get started we will see someone worth voting for. Here's to crossing our fingers.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 40 Chosen - 2/14/13   Top 40 Chosen - 2/14/13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 40 Chosen - 2/14/13
Page 1 of 1