Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Top 7 - Classic Rock - 3/3/13

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Top 7 - Classic Rock - 3/3/13 Empty
PostSubject: Top 7 - Classic Rock - 3/3/13   Top 7 - Classic Rock - 3/3/13 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 10:44 am

Top 7 - Classic Rock - 3/3/13 57823Hello. Tonight's theme is classic rock however we saw very little rocking in my opinion. Our opening gave us high hopes as we see the wording "you know from that first note it has to be rock and roll" as an amp is plugged in. The only rocker I saw was guest guitarist Orianthi. Let's welcome the judges, Ryan Seacrest plus the top 7 as we get ready for tonight's performances. Here goes:

Top 7 - Classic Rock - 3/3/13 945178I might add before we get started is each of the contestants say a few words about their fellow contestants before each performance. Up first to perform is Burnell Taylor who takes on Bon Jovi's "You Give Love A Bad Name". I do not believe any contestant has ever topped Blake Lewis doing this number. Although Burnell gives it a valiant try it was still not very exciting overall. I will add though that this is probably the best I personally have ever seen him sing. Keith Urban mentions how uncomfortable Burnell seem doing this song. Nicki agrees but still feels Burnell is loveable. Randy mentions how his timing was off. Mariah is nicer and feels he had fun with it. My grade: B

We are getting group numbers as well which starts off with Angie Miller and Lazaro Arbos doing the Queen song "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" (wish they would retire this number on this show). Angie of course outshines Lazaro who is singing more in his lower register and once again forgets the words. Each of the judges praise Angie and also mention the forgotten lyrics by Lazaro. Not very good overall. My grade: C

Kree Harrison has a good voice but her take on the Janis Joplin song "Piece of My Heart" was just boring too me overall. Keith talks about how Kree had very little movement on stage (turns out Kree has a pinched nerve). Nicki calls her magnificent. Randy likes Kree's bluesy side. Mariah blabs on about how Kree knows who she is as an artist and also says incredible. My grade: B-

Now comes another duet featuring Candice Glover and Burnell Taylor. OMG, did Candice outshine Burnell on the song "The Letter". I did however think when they sang together, the blend was good. Both Nicki and Randy mention how much better Candice was. Keith loved it and Mariah confirms that each can sing anything. My grade: B

Janelle Arthur takes on Billy Joel's song "You May Be Right". She sounds good but again I am not excited by her performance. Mainly the judges talk about her boots and outfit but do throw a few comments in about the performance. Keith felt she worked the stage well but did not care for the song choice. Nicki goes overboard and calls it exceptional. Randy feels she is a great contender. Mariah loved her bravado on the number. My grade: B

For once I am surprised as Lazaro Arbos does the Queen classic "We Are The Champions". He gives it a Spanish flair and shows confidence throughout the song. I really liked it a lot. Each of the judges mention they were nervous about him doing this number but also mention he did a good job. Seems like it was hard for them to give Lazaro this compliment. Phooey on them, I thought it was the best so far. My grade: B+

Amber Holcomb, Janelle Arthur and Kree Harrison are singing "Still Rock & Roll To Me" by Billy Joel. It starts out good but starts falling apart a bit in the middle in my opinion. Randy however calls it unbelievable and loves it. My grade: B

Candice Glover usually gives me a great performance but she seemed somewhat subdued on the song "Can't Get No Satisfaction" by The Rolling Stones. The vocal was good but not much movement on stage. We find out later she has a broken toe. I mainly just did not think this was a good song choice as mentioned by Nicki. Keith and Randy love her big voice. Mariah mainly says bravo. My grade: B+

Ryan Seacrest tells us at the beginning of the show that we will hear no ballads. Wrong Ryan as Amber Holcomb does a rock ballad by Heart. Parts of the song "What About Love" sounded good by her but other parts just so-so. Keith however is excited and calls her and the song choice great. Nicki thinks Amber is striking and the song pulled her in. Randy says she looks and sounds amazing. Mariah agrees. My grade: B

Last to sing is Angie Miller who opts for "Bring Me To Life" by Evanescence. She starts slowly at the piano but then gets up to give us the rest of the performance. I thought she looked beautiful on stage and her vocal was pretty good. Keith however did not feel that she was feeling the lyrics. Nicki thinks it was a good song choice and adds kudos. Randy says it was an amazing job and loved the tender moments of the song. Mariah feels it was a perfect match. My grade: B+

Top 7 - Classic Rock - 3/3/13 396952Final Thoughts

It is kind of hard to say who will make bottom 3 but I am sure Burnell Taylor and possibly Lazaro Arbos will be there. I will add Amber Holcomb or Kree Harrison. I honestly do believe it is time for a girl to go and if I had my pick on who should it would be Janelle Arthur. Candice Glover is still my numero uno overall.

Well, time to call this a wrap. So have a good day all and I will be back later with the results.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Top 7 - Classic Rock - 3/3/13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 7 - Classic Rock - 3/3/13   Top 7 - Classic Rock - 3/3/13 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 04, 2013 1:01 pm

I didn't get to hear all the performances last night. Thank goodness for Hulu. I'll be able to catch up there and actually hear them all sing. I did get to hear Amber, Janelle and Kree sing. OMG...in my opinion they were fantastic. clap

Trying but still can't into any thing Burrell sings. So I give up on that. I've listed him as one of the "bad" singers of American Idol contestants.

Top 7 - Classic Rock - 3/3/13 399539 I feel Lazaro will be the next one going home. Agree with you Crystal. Also like Amber and Janelle. What am i saying? I like all four of the remaining girls. I'm pretty sure it's going to be a girl winning this season.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com

Top 7 - Classic Rock - 3/3/13
Page 1 of 1