Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Results - 4/18/13

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Results - 4/18/13 Empty
PostSubject: Results - 4/18/13   Results - 4/18/13 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 9:17 am

Results - 4/18/13 322546Hello. Tonight's show brought us some nostalgia of better times in the old days. Our show does start out with re-affirming how it is a girl season. We hear comments from the final five girls and the judges before we get to the actual introductions of judges and Ryan Seacrest.

Before we get to the guest singers tonight our final five girls do a medley of Donna Summer hits which include "Last Dance, Heaven Knows, Dim All The Lights and She Works Hard For The Money". For me this was just okay overall.

The Ford Fiesta Moment has our five doing a scavenger hunt showing several aspects of the Ford Fiesta. All clues lead to their finding Matthew Morrison in a barber shop. Matthew is the teacher on the show Glee in case you are not aware. He is really a good singer and is going to be releasing a new cd in the future.

Results - 4/18/13 875576Before we get to the results let me cover the guest singers. Up first is Clay Aiken. I so like this guy and he still sounds and looks good as he performs "Bridge Over Troubled Water". Sure wish he would put out another album. Hard to believe it has been 10 years since Clay first appeared on this show. We see scenes of his success plus he chats quite a bit regarding his charity work with Unicef and working with disabled children. He gets a standing ovation from the judges and audience once he finishes singing. Great job Clay!

I have never been much of a Fantasia fan but I have to admit I did feel a few chills on her ending notes of her new single "Lose To Win". She does get quite emotional and sadly part of the song does have her screaming the lyrics. She does look beautiful in her attire. Before she sings we see how once upon a time during season 3 the bottom 3 consisted of Fantasia, Jennifer Hudson and LaToya London. Jennifer Hudson was eliminated that night but obviously it did not effect her success since she is a Grammy and Oscar winner. It was interesting to know what LaToya has been up too also. She had some success on Broadway, did put out an album and is now back to recording another one. She is in the audience tonight and Ryan has a brief moment with her. I do remember how much I liked her on the show. Hopefully she will once again be successful.

Results - 4/18/13 930608Now for the results. This time around Ryan brings each girl up to re-cap the night before and we get some feedback from Jimmy Iovine. His take.....

Angie Miller - He feels she is a great technician and liked her at the piano for her first number. He thinks she came up short on her second song.

Candice Glover - He was not much into her first number of "Straight Up" but her second song blew his mind. This was definitely a moment where Randy says he tried to contact Paula Abdul but no luck. While he is speaking Paula herself (looking great) creeps up behind Ryan and Candice. Candice is thrilled to be meeting Paula. I know the audience and judges went bonkers seeing her. Paula tells Candice how much she appreciated her doing her song and how great she is. Paula once again takes her old seat at the judging table for a brief moment. Sure wish they would bring her back as a judge.

Janelle Arthur - Jimmy says he felt her first song was a little sleepy. Her second song was the wrong choice and it was a strike down. However Dolly Parton sends a message saying how much she enjoyed the performance and for Janelle to keep living her dream.

Amber Holcomb - Jimmy feels she is brilliant in every way and does not understand why the voting public puts her in the bottom so often. He feels she is magnificent.

Kree Harrison - He felt she made the wrong choices on each of her songs of the night before and she could be in trouble this week.

First to safety is Candice Glover followed by Angie Miller and Amber Holcomb. This means that Janelle Arthur and Kree Harrison are the bottom 2. I pretty much agree with this bottom 2 in spite of the fact that Kree has never been there. However it is Janelle Arthur who has to sing for survival. I did not care for the arrangement of her song which was "You Keep Me Hanging On" originally by The Supremes. Neither did the judges who opt not to use the save card. I think this was actually the last time the save card had a chance of being used. Janelle takes her elimination well in spite of the tears flowing down her face. Kree seemed really upset.

Results - 4/18/13 833804So another week has come and gone. We are down to the final four and it will surely be a battle I think as each of the remaining girls are very good singers.

I hope each and everyone has a wonderful week ahead. Until next time; toodles.

Results - 4/18/13 396979
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Results - 4/18/13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 4/18/13   Results - 4/18/13 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 10:52 am

It was so good hearing Clay on the AI stage again. I agree he looked and sounded wonderful. I give him a 10+ for his performance. Fantasia? She another story. I still can't get into this girls singing. I will admit I liked her softer moments but overall....I was not impressed. Loved her dress though.

No surprise that Janelle got the boot. It's was expected. I was however surprised to see Kree as one of the bottom two.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com

Results - 4/18/13
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reality Music shows :: American Idol-
Jump to: