Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Winner Is Crowned - 5/16/13

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Winner Is Crowned - 5/16/13 Empty
PostSubject: Winner Is Crowned - 5/16/13   Winner Is Crowned - 5/16/13 Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 11:26 am

Winner Is Crowned - 5/16/13 182355Hello there. I always seem to enjoy the finales of this show and tonight was no exception. I will cover everything in a few moments but have to start from the beginning so things make sense not only to myself but to you as well. The wording at the start of the show says "It's all come down to this. Who will it be?" Ryan Seacrest then says "We are about to find out". Over 7000 people are in the audience although it seemed like so much more. I was thrilled to see so many other idols in the audience including our loveable and adorable Taylor. I have to say here that I was not happy that Ryan did not speak to any of the idols when walking down the aisles during the show. I mean after all Taylor was a winner of the crown in season 5. Anyway it was wonderful seeing him looking handsome as ever.

The top 10 perform the song "I'm Glad You Came" by The Wanted. I felt they did an excellent job with this number.

We welcome the judges before Ryan is introduced officially. He is looking spiffy in his suit. Our top 2 now take the stage to chat with Ryan for a few moments. Both said they only got about 5 hours of sleep but overall they seemed pretty calm.

Winner Is Crowned - 5/16/13 902284Next up is The Band Perry who gives a great performance to their song "Done" (I'm going to have to look into buying this, I really liked it). Janelle Arthur performed with this group and I thought the energy and stage presence was fantastic. The vocals were right on point and this was a great way to start the entertainment of the night.

Winner Is Crowned - 5/16/13 610414A comedy skit was shown with each of the five guys feeling they had been sabotaged in order for a girl to win this season. Jordan Sparks was the culprit sending each of the five girls to different guys to have them goofed up when they were on the show. It was a cute skit overall. Jordan at the end of the skit advised the guys to try out for The Voice.

Our five guys then take the stage to perform a medley of Four Seasons songs. This included "Let's Hang On", "Walk Like A Man" and "Who Loves You Pretty Baby". Frankie Valli is then introduced to duet with them on the song "Just Too Good To Be True" and "Grease". Outside of showing his age, Frankie still sounded pretty good. This entire performance brought back so many happy memories for me personally of my younger years. Well done guys!

Winner Is Crowned - 5/16/13 833804Mariah Carey appears next looking gorgeous in her white gown. She does a medley of her hits which include "Vision of Love", "Hero" and her latest "Your Beautiful". Randy Jackson played his bass guitar for this number. Many on the net feel Mariah lip-synced all of this. I was not sure but in reality who cares. It is still her voice singing and she really can sing un-like that broad Nicki Minaj who thankfully did not perform at all on the show.

Winner Is Crowned - 5/16/13 485234I really was not very impressed with the next number which showcased Amber Holcomb dueting with Emeli Sande to the song "Next To Me". It seemed liked such an awkward performance with Amber flubbing some of the lyrics here and there. Candice Glover sang this song a few weeks ago and it was done so much better I think.

Winner Is Crowned - 5/16/13 322546The next segment of the show is featuring all the Ford Fiesta Missions the contestants did during the show. Both Candice Glover and Kree Harrison talk about their favorites from this. Then they speak about who in their lives helped to mentor them the most for their careers. For Candice it was her grandmother, for Kree it was a close friend named Nessa (this is a guy by the way). Both of these mentors are presented with new Ford Fiestas. Congrats mentors.

Winner Is Crowned - 5/16/13 451785The next number was so much fun to watch as PSY (Gangum Style singer) takes the stage to perform the song "Gentlemen". It had such a good dance beat I felt like dancing myself. PSY along with the female and male dancers were great in this number.

Winner Is Crowned - 5/16/13 86847Keith Urban is so good-looking I think and I did like his performance of the song "Just Want A Little Bit of Everything". His band mates helped make this a very enjoyable performance.

Winner Is Crowned - 5/16/13 664500The power of the voice was definitely shown as Candice Glover and Jennifer Hudson sing Natalie Cole's song "Inseparable". I am not wild about this song personally but no one could deny that both Candice and Jennifer are forces to be reckoned with as singers. Outstanding girls!

Winner Is Crowned - 5/16/13 88275Next to perform are Angie Miller and Adam Lambert on the song "Titanium". I was disappointed this song did not last longer as both sounded so good with the harmony. Then Angie gets an added surprised as Adam introduces Angie's idol Jessie J. They duet to the song "Domino" (you know for the longest time I thought this was sung originally by Katy Perry). It was pretty good. Angie again gets another thrill as Jessie J has invited her to be her guest at one of her shows in the U.K. Looks like Angie's career will be successful in the future.

Winner Is Crowned - 5/16/13 610414More funny moments as the contestants speak about their thoughts regarding the judges. Mariah's word "darling" is spoke of by several. Then Keith is talked about regarding wear different t-shirts and really being into the performances. Several speak about how loud Randy sounds trying to get everyone's attention and of course he is mimicked for his "in it to win it" phrase. I gotta kick out how the contestants felt Nicki shows no slack on performances and her wild hairdos. Some of the contestants went so far to wear hairdos like her.

Winner Is Crowned - 5/16/13 530611Next is Kree Harrison with both Keith Urban and Randy Jackson performing the song "When The Blacktop Ends" which was a hit for Keith. Also on drums was Travis Barker from Blink 182 fame. This was pretty good and Kree looked like she was having a blast with the two guys.

Winner Is Crowned - 5/16/13 527840Now comes a tribute to Randy Jackson who is leaving the show. It was cute how they had real live dogs supposedly giving their thoughts on Randy leaving. I honestly am going to miss Randy on the show in spite of his saying pretty much the same words each season. Hope he has more success in his future endeavors. Good-Bye dear Randy.

Winner Is Crowned - 5/16/13 945178I kind of feel this next number did not work out very well. We see Aretha Franklin in New York on the big screen (she does not like to fly). She is doing a duet with the five girls. While Aretha is showing her age she still shows she has some power to her voice on the songs "Natural Woman", "Your No Good Heartbreaker", "Respect" and "Think". The girls were barely heard through most of this number.

Winner Is Crowned - 5/16/13 295441Next we see both Candice and Kree receiving the keys to their new Ford Escapes. They are thrilled to say the least. Sure wish I could get one.

Winner Is Crowned - 5/16/13 66645A clip is showing of the many who tried out this season and failed to make it on the show. I did like hearing Phil Phillips in the background singing "Gone, Gone, Gone".

Winner Is Crowned - 5/16/13 839840A rousing and entertaining performance is then given by Jennifer Lopez and Pitbull to the song "Live It Up". Boy does Jennifer look good and wow the energy she showed while singing this song was awesome. I hear they are thinking of asking her back to judge however it probably will not happen as the producers are not willing to pay the high fees they have in the past. Regardless I liked the performance.

Winner Is Crowned - 5/16/13 406210Both Candice Glover and Kree Harrison look lovely as they perform together for the songs "One Less Bell To Answer" (The 5th Dimension) and "A House Is Not A Home" (Dionne Warwick). Both of these songs were written by Burt Bacharach and Hal David. They sound quite good.

Now comes the moment we have been waiting for as Candice Glover is crowned as the new American Idol. I am thrilled my girl won! She is overwhelmed with tears and mentions it has taken her three years to fulfill her dream. She was cut in season 9 during Hollywood week and cut in season 11 during Vegas week. The remaining contestants rush to give her hugs with Kree sort of getting lost in the mix of this. Candice however pulls her up with her to share the moment before she tries to sing her coronation song "I Am Beautiful". This was pretty difficult with her crying and the confetti flying in her mouth. I so look forward to getting her future music as well as Kree who I think will be a star in the country world. Winner Is Crowned - 5/16/13 585964

So now another season has come and gone and I hope you have enjoyed reading my posts. I welcome your comments and wish each and everyone a wonderful summer ahead.

Winner Is Crowned - 5/16/13 957302
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Winner Is Crowned - 5/16/13   Winner Is Crowned - 5/16/13 Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2013 10:59 am

Predicted my sixth winner in a row. Am I good or what? LOL In all seriousness, congratulations to Candice for becoming the newest member of the American Idol crown. I hope she has a long and successful career. I truly hope the same for Kree as well.
It was exciting seeing many of our former Idols in the audience. I spotted Danny Gokey, Bo Bice, Adam Lambert and of course Taylor.

I also heard the Finale had the lowest ratings since it's beginings back in 2001. And with Randy Jackson leaving I don't think American Idol will make it through another season unless they get some exciting judges. Hope Keith stays but Nikki and Mariah need to go. I love Mariah but don't think she made a good judge. Sometimes she sounded "spacey". Just my opinion of course.
ANYWAY.....congrats to all the season 12 Idols. Hope the tour is a successful one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Winner Is Crowned - 5/16/13   Winner Is Crowned - 5/16/13 Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 8:24 pm

Thanks for posting Deni. I agree both Mariah and Nicki need to go. Lots of rumors are flying about who will be the new judges. I hear they are thinking of asking Adam Lambert to be one which would be good since he knows what these contestants have to go through. I would love it if Taylor was approached! In my opinion it would be better to have all the judges be past idols. If not they should get people who know what it takes to make it in this business.

Anyhow, hope they pick some good ones. Just a quick note, I am having my gall bladder out tomorrow so I probably will not be posting about The Voice for this week.

Well, gotta go. You take care!
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Winner Is Crowned - 5/16/13   Winner Is Crowned - 5/16/13 Icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 1:43 pm

Take care.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Winner Is Crowned - 5/16/13   Winner Is Crowned - 5/16/13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winner Is Crowned - 5/16/13
Page 1 of 1