Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

American Idol Taylor Hicks is here

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

American Idol Taylor Hicks is here Empty
PostSubject: American Idol Taylor Hicks is here   American Idol Taylor Hicks is here Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 9:49 pm

By Fran Katigbak
Philippine Daily Inquirer
Last updated 10:12pm (Mla time) 12/18/2007

MANILA, Philippines -- Has Taylor Hicks, winner of “American Idol” Season 5, gone from manic performer to subdued balladeer?

The salt-and-pepper-haired singer-songwriter charmed fans of the hugely popular reality talent search in 2006 with his raspy, soulful voice. But his signature dance moves were routinely criticized by judge Simon Cowell, who repeatedly said Hicks was “performing like he’s drunk.”

On Tuesday afternoon, in a crisp white shirt, black jacket, denim jeans and alligator-skin boots, Hicks made a smooth entrance, playing the blues on his harmonica, when he turned up to meet local media at the Hard Rock Café.

The first “American Idol” champ to visit the country (finalists Constantine Maroulis and Elliot Yamin were previous Manila visitors), Hicks, a native of Alabama, is here for a series of shows sponsored by the Ayala Malls.

“I heard from friends of mine that this is the place to come if you want to sing and perform music,” said Hicks, 31. It was Filipino-American José “Sway” Penala, a fellow finalist, who first told him about the Philippines, he added.

The self-taught musician said his biggest inspiration was Ray Charles. And so, he said, he was honored to sing “The Right Place,” originally written for Charles, in his self-titled album due for release this month.

“Life after ‘American Idol’ has been like sitting on a rocket ship,” said Hicks. “I can’t go out without bodyguards.”

On the bright side, “I get to travel to play my music, and collaborate with some really great artists.”

His triumph on “Idol” brought him a record deal with Clive Davis and 19 Recordings Limited/Artista Records.

Asked if he feels pressured to surpass the achievements of previous “Idols,” Hicks replied: “I’m not into competing [anymore] -- I’m into performing music and gaining new fans.”

Hicks will be at the Greenbelt 3 Park Wednesday at 8 p.m. and at the TriNoma Activity Center Thursday, 7 p.m.

http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/breaki...ticle_id=107626
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Taylor Hicks is here   American Idol Taylor Hicks is here Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 6:09 am

🆒 Interview. I am so glad that Asia gave him so much coverage and made him feel so welcomed.

American Idol Taylor Hicks is here 600701
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Taylor Hicks is here   American Idol Taylor Hicks is here Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 9:04 am

Not sure if this is the same as Jodi posted, But it's a great read and it's something that Clive Davis can not buy away from Taylor...

Wonderful........You guys will love this!
http://www.philstar.com/archives.php?aid=2007121965&type=2
He saunters onto the stage, blowing on his harmonica like a judge banging on a gavel: “Hello everybody!” he says, and leans — yes that now famous lean.
And just like that, we are taken by Taylor.

I read that "Pogi means handsome"
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Taylor Hicks is here   American Idol Taylor Hicks is here Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 10:28 am

*nods* It sure does. How sweet.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Taylor Hicks is here   American Idol Taylor Hicks is here Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 1:53 pm

According to Taylor both Elliott and Sway told him he should go to Asia, so THANK YOU Elliott and Sway..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol Taylor Hicks is here   American Idol Taylor Hicks is here Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Idol Taylor Hicks is here
Page 1 of 1