Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Okay what gives?

Go down 
+2
tygrlllie
DreamHrt
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Okay what gives? Empty
PostSubject: Okay what gives?   Okay what gives? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 10:12 pm

As some of you know. I also support and chat in other Taylor forums. Because as Taylor says: It's not about the numbers. (well they help) Okay what gives? 201170

Anyway, I am a fan of The boogie Board. I go there and find out there is somthing going on that is not good. The board is down. Then I go to The Whomp Swamp and find that the owner had to post a statement exsplaining herself there.

Wow I am amazed that such hatetred and slander is still going on in the Tay world. I often wonder if this board will be attacked to.
This is not right. We are supposed to be fans of Taylors. NOT mongers who prey on the internet for victims to assalt.

I am so tired of these childish acts.
Anyway if you could let me know exacally what is going on. Even pm me. That would be fine. I am lost and confused and seriously upset at the loss of more forums.
Jodie
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Okay what gives? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay what gives?   Okay what gives? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 7:31 am

I have no idea, but that doesn't surprise me - I steer clear of this kind of thing by instinct generally, or am pretty oblivious. I'm sorry to hear of this though. Hopefully, it will be resolved properly, and idiots can crawl back under their rocks.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
tishlp

tishlp

Female
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2007-12-07

Okay what gives? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay what gives?   Okay what gives? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 12:44 pm

Go read AmyH's blog, http://amyjh.wordpress.com/

Start reading on the Jan. 4th entry.

Ash, the admin of the Boogie had a misunderstanding and deleted Amy's membership at the Boogie Board. It's all being worked out though. They have communicated and are in the process of getting the Boogie back up and running as soon as they can. The problem is that Ash only has access to a computer right now at a public library and is restricted to 2 hours usage a day. Plus she can't get e-mail or PMs on the computer. That's part of what caused the problem, no communication. However that isn't a problem now.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

Okay what gives? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay what gives?   Okay what gives? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 1:55 pm

Well that is great! Anything on the Whomp? You should go there and see what they wrote...
http://www.whompswamp.com/
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

Okay what gives? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay what gives?   Okay what gives? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 5:52 pm

Yikes, that's awful strong there. I hope that this can find a peaceable and amiable solution. We should all be supporting one another. It saddens me that we aren't, and many feel that isn't possible, but it sure would be nice...
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

Okay what gives? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay what gives?   Okay what gives? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 9:13 pm

I've been to the boggie board a couple of times but never to the Whomp Swamp. I sure hope they get it settled.. I know it's hard to get along with EVERYONE but we all have the biggest think in common and that's Taylor.. I don't like the negativity at all and that's why I like it here, there is none. I do visit a couple other boards one of them being AI and all though the Soul Patrol is great with each other it's the sometime nasty stuff that goes on between the fan bases. AWFUL some time. I heard that another board had some problems in that manner a while back but didn't hear any names or details.. I hope that we all can just get together. UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL....
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

Okay what gives? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay what gives?   Okay what gives? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 9:17 am

There have been issues amidst the different factions, but I wish they'd all try taking a page out of our book and all get along. *sigh*I can hope anyway.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
Karen

Karen

Female
Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2007-08-26

Okay what gives? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay what gives?   Okay what gives? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 11:25 am

You can sure tell we are a bunch of passionate people! I think it was just a huge misunderstanding on all parts. Unfortunately, when we vent in the printed word, or even verbal, it's hard to take it back.

I hope the Boogie and The Whomp Swamp keep rolliing, they are both very good message boards.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kidonepatrolofsoul.com
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

Okay what gives? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay what gives?   Okay what gives? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 2:06 pm

Well I can tell you all that I would love for this site to become as popular as the major forums. However I do not feel I am in compitition with them.
Anyone can advertise there site/orginiZATION HERE. as long as it has somthing to do with helping others/ and or about Taylor.
Obviously I go to a lot of other boards. They help me with information and such. I always credit that board with whatever I find...
I hate to see others bashing others. And sites going down. That is not how to help Taylor.
BTW Karen great to see you posting!
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

Okay what gives? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay what gives?   Okay what gives? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 7:09 pm

True - hey K! I can only hope.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

Okay what gives? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay what gives?   Okay what gives? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 7:57 pm

From the boards I have checked, I do find AI the most argumentive. and it's mainly because all the fans are so passionate for their own idols, over there in the past I tried to be the peace maker and tried to make them ALL see that it makes no difference what others say, we're all going to still love the favorites that we have, Of course it feel on deaf ears and I paid the price by not being "talked" by a number of the Soul Patrol, this was sometime back and I did learn, I won't bass another idol but I won't step in anymore either.
I'm a friendly person and I've had some awful things said to me and about me and I just take it because I do not like the fighting, I'm a good person and it hurts when someone you only know from a message board can say such horrid things about someone they don't even know. Oh well, such is live... That's why I love it here, no fighting, no bickering, heck theres hardly any difference of opinion.. Great Job Jodi, And honestly the other boards could take lessons on how it's done from you if they'd only give it and YOU a chance..
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

Okay what gives? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay what gives?   Okay what gives? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 8:38 pm

Sometimes I think there are a lot of fans just trying to find where the "Click" is to get a one in a million shot at Talking to Taylor. I can tell you, Taylor, Bill nor Steve or any of them probably even know about this site. Hence a reason why it is not one of the bigger boards.
I do not know Taylor or any of his partners. So for some this place would seem boring.
IOf course I would love it if Taylor gave me Kudos for this site....
However I am not going to try to lure him in to get more votes...
If he shows up... WONDERFUL.. if not then I will just be happy knowing I made a site that others belive to be worth it...
I am happy with what WE have all done here....
You all work hard at helping me. Because you belive in The Real Deal. That to me means more then just a fly by post from Taylor...
HONEST
Back to top Go down
Mickeyl
Super Mod
Super Mod
Mickeyl

Female
Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-08-13

Okay what gives? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay what gives?   Okay what gives? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 12:03 am

I love this board because I know everyone here loves Taylor as much or more (well maybe not MORE) than me. We have opinions and nobody, as far as I can tell fights with anyone. How refreshing.

:haha:

I'm a veteran of pretty much all the Taylor boards. This is really one of the best.

I hope Taylor fans can some day quit bickering and get along. We all love Taylor, let's put the focus on that and support him as much as possible.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

Okay what gives? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay what gives?   Okay what gives? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 12:28 am

BRAVO Mickeyl, Nicely said.. I so agree...
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

Okay what gives? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay what gives?   Okay what gives? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 9:55 am

Unfortunately, there are some folk out there who believe they have the right to act superior. Who knows? Maybe they do. But here's the thing: I got into this whole fandom because of one man - and that man is the only one to make me leave it. I've been fortunate enough to find places where my writing is applauded and appreciated (you guys have no idea what a treasure that is to me) and I know if I need to talk to somebody, I can call or visit or write...and they're really there. We are kinda a clique, Jodie, here and at Legs. We're the ones others threw away and didn't want - either in real life or online or maybe both. We're the ones who may not express popular opinion, falling in line like little sheep led to the slaughterhouse. We're unique, individual, and yet we all love a good scrap - so long as claws stay sheathed and there's plenty of love before, during, and after. Opinions are good, debates are good...we just keep our ears and hearts open - which is more than I can say for a lot of people. Through that, I have found some true friends, sisters and brothers of my heart that I will treasure my whole life through. Thank you for helping build our refuge, Jodie. Thank all of you for being the people drawn to it and making the site what it is. Thank you Taylor, for giving us common ground to meet and build on. Thank you God for showing us what we need.

You know, I once told Dawggie that if Tay ever came up to me and said that I had to choose between him and my friends (not that I believe he ever would) - my Legs and my RealDealers now, and the kind and loving Soul Patrollers like the Angels and the KOPS - that I would smile, and tell him I loved him and always would, but goodbye.......
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

Okay what gives? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay what gives?   Okay what gives? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 10:43 am

tyg, that was so great, it sounded like you were talking about me in that post. You are so right that one man brought us all to the same place, the same feelings and for the same reason. It's because of Taylor that I even bother to go to a couple of these boards, I want new and they have it. I'm not a computer expert by any means and it's easier to check out the sites than to check out all the possible news articles. That's why when I see a new one I bring it here because I want everyone to know everything I do about our guy..
I have made some wonderful friends sense I've gotten involved in this rollercoaster of a ride called Taylor, some of them are the best things to come my way, I've never had any "REAL" friends and even though I have never met these people it's like you said if you need them they are there for you.. One of these super gals just registered here yesterday, Pat has done more for me and for my selfesteam in a short period of time than one of my so called friends has done in 40 years. There are a couple that do not come to this board YET, ( I'm still working on that one) that are a lot like Pat but Pat is just the best, you'll all love her I'm sure..
I don't like to argue I really don't but there have been a couple of times on certain sites that I've voiced my opinion and OH boy is it different than what otheres think it should be, and like I said in an earlier post I paid the price. Jodi keeps saying that we have all helped her and in some ways I'm sure we have but It's JODI that made this site possible and I'll thank her once again for that..
I loved your post it truly was great. Thank You too...
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

Okay what gives? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay what gives?   Okay what gives? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 12:55 pm

It's great - drag them on in - I can ALWAYS use a new sister *g*. Okay, so here is my theory of Taylor Hicks. Get ready, it's a bit long-winded.....
I feel that Taylor Hicks was hurt in some way when he was growing up. Probably not terribly bad, but still - hurt. When someone young gets hurt, they turn one of two ways. They either become what I call Healers or Wounders. Healers go out and try to lov the world, make it a better place. Wounders set out on their way to harm others. Either way, these people are what I call Walking Wounded. Often, these people are drawn to other Walking Wounded - sometimes with disasterous results. Sometimes not. Sometimes, they are drawn in and use each other to get stronger. This is what Taylor has done - drawn the Walking Wounded to him and called us the Soul Patrol. But he is only one man, and one man can only do so much. That is why we are also drawn to one another. Many of us, I daresay almost all of us, are Walking Wounded as well. And most of us are Healers - set out to help one another heal and become strong, using Tay's sweet voice to help inspire us and comfort us when our own burdens become to heavy to bear alone. I believe that to be truth, and I believe that my heart is - while not whole and may never be whole - a lot more sturdy than it was prior to Taylor Hicks. I hope in some small way that we, too, help him to heal his own wounds. And while I also know we are not now, nor will ever be 100% Healers or healed, we are far, far more than the sum of our parts.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

Okay what gives? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay what gives?   Okay what gives? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 1:35 pm

Gee you guys. You really know how to make a girl tear up....
Tyggy, you know we had some "Issues" well not us but an issue that had me caught in the middle. As you noticed I did not choose sides. Even though I know others before I knew you. That is how it should be.
Because I did not choose sides, I got to know you better.. because I got to know you better... you exstended your heart in my time of need and made sure, even if you could not help. You made sure others did. How could I thank you for that?
There is nothing like Taylor Love... it shines even in the darkest hour...
That is what I want for this place. For people to come here and not be judged. Only to feel at home.
However rudeness I will not tolerate.... Because I respct everyone here and I exspect the members to act in the same manner. Other then that I just want this place to be as comfy as the leggies...
Thanks for the wonderful comments... I needed it.. (ego on a high now)
Love you guys
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

Okay what gives? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay what gives?   Okay what gives? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 3:00 pm

Ok I so agree with both of what you said so let me ask, I feel that way You guys feel that way and I'm sure there are lots and lots of others that feel that way about the Taylor Love, so why do some feel that they are more special and deserve more than what we or Taylor has to offer. I mean I know a few of these SP are only in it for the fact that Taylor won AI, and I would bet that sense he is no longer with J Records that there are some of them that will not be heard of again at least until he is making headlines again., Makes me sick to think that people are his fans for that reason.. I love Taylor so much and not because he is a AI winner or anything like that, he stole my heart when he was just a gray haired guy in the auditions. He had me from the first word.. He makes me feel good and makes my heart swell and I'm so proud of him so very proud. I do agree that Taylor has been hurt in some way but most kids of divorce are hurt soles in some way, It's a given that being torn between parents has to be hard and from what he said in his book his home life was none to stable in the best of times.
I think he's one in a million and AI doesn't know just what they are doing by dissing him at every turn and not supporting him in the way they should,
Back to top Go down
tishlp

tishlp

Female

Okay what gives? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay what gives?   Okay what gives? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 2:19 am

tygrlllie wrote:
It's great - drag them on in - I can ALWAYS use a new sister *g*. Okay, so here is my theory of Taylor Hicks. Get ready, it's a bit long-winded.....
I feel that Taylor Hicks was hurt in some way when he was growing up. Probably not terribly bad, but still - hurt. When someone young gets hurt, they turn one of two ways. They either become what I call Healers or Wounders. Healers go out and try to lov the world, make it a better place. Wounders set out on their way to harm others. Either way, these people are what I call Walking Wounded. Often, these people are drawn to other Walking Wounded - sometimes with disasterous results. Sometimes not. Sometimes, they are drawn in and use each other to get stronger. This is what Taylor has done - drawn the Walking Wounded to him and called us the Soul Patrol. But he is only one man, and one man can only do so much. That is why we are also drawn to one another. Many of us, I daresay almost all of us, are Walking Wounded as well. And most of us are Healers - set out to help one another heal and become strong, using Tay's sweet voice to help inspire us and comfort us when our own burdens become to heavy to bear alone. I believe that to be truth, and I believe that my heart is - while not whole and may never be whole - a lot more sturdy than it was prior to Taylor Hicks. I hope in some small way that we, too, help him to heal his own wounds. And while I also know we are not now, nor will ever be 100% Healers or healed, we are far, far more than the sum of our parts.
~tyg

Oh Wow, tygrlillie, I have a friend at another web site that has said from the very beginning that the most important thing about Taylor Hicks is that he is a uniter, he brings people together.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

Okay what gives? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay what gives?   Okay what gives? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 8:00 am

That's a good way to put it, Tish. He does unite us in very powerful ways.
Now - to the thorny subject. First, there are essentially two types of fan - in any genre, really. There's the nitty gritty, hard as steel, dyed in the wool, dig in those heels, can't be shaken, can't be broken fan of which I believe I am. These are the kind that 20 years from now, will still be going to Taylor shows and boogieing the night away in some podunck club when they've all lost their hair and teeth (and so have we, lol!). Then, you have the world of the GlitterNazi. These are the fans who can't stay faithful to a pair of underwear. Let's take a look at it honestly, though, and think about it. Most of this type of fan flit from one thing to another, maybe showing a momentary interest in things before becoming distracted by something with more glitter down the road a pace. To be blunt, we do need people like this in the world. They make the world interesting and decorative, but they are not the kind to solve the world peace situation. They can be very rude, judgemental, and have a habit of following as opposed to leading. Face it, guys, we need followers or the system don't work - too many cooks spoil the soup, or too many chiefs not enough indians. I freely admit that I hope many of them fall by the wayside, and I believe they will. They are fans of the American Idol, who happed to be Taylor Hicks, not of Taylor Hicks the brilliant singer/songwriter/performer who just happened to win American Idol in 2006. And there is a difference between the two. Subtle, but it is there.
Now, the other side of the coin. As much as I hate to say it, the platform of American Idol lends itself to the American public feeling ownership of those on the show. Don't believe me? Go back and count : How many times does Ryan Seacrest say "your American Idol?" Taylor actually played smart - he encouraged that feeling some. He made himself accessable by arranging for meet and greets, and calling people on other's cell phones, hugging, shaking hands, encouraging people that they might be romantically "the one" for him, introducing us all to LiMBO, showing up on the shadow tour, autographing everything in site, accepting and cherishing our love gifts, thanking us constantly and humbly, posing for pictures, and so on and so on. And it isn't a bad thing in many, many ways with a lot of fans. But with a small faction, they see this as their owning more and more of him and they become jealous, possessive, and spoilt half to death and become bratty.
But you are right - there are a lot of people who fluxuate their interest into what's making headlines and what isn't.
For example, I was raised as a God-child to a pro wrestler, so i have been a fan my whole life, right? Okay then, you ready? I am a Chris Benoit fan. That's right - I am very proud of what he accomplished in the ring, and was very proud to call him friend. Still am. Always will be. Does that mean I approve what he did to Nancy and Danny and himself and the rest of us who loved him? Hell no, it doesn't. But people mess up - sometimes in inexplicable, and horrifying ways. And if you have the right mind-set, the right kind of heart, you find a way to forgive them their mistakes because you would hope they would forgive you your foibles. It's called being human, and we all gotta deal with it.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
tishlp

tishlp

Female

Okay what gives? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay what gives?   Okay what gives? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 2:08 pm

:huggy: For you tygrlillie
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

Okay what gives? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay what gives?   Okay what gives? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 3:14 pm

Aw *blushes* Thank you. I like my little soap box at times. *pets soap box*
~tyg
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

Okay what gives? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay what gives?   Okay what gives? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 4:40 pm

Yes Tyggy our word queen .... Okay what gives? 24206
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

Okay what gives? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay what gives?   Okay what gives? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 6:47 pm

Well, God knows I get toungue tied and don't even ask me to do art *g*. I gotta be half way good at something - writing and pontificating seem to be two of my specialties, aren't you guys lucky? lmao!
~tyg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Okay what gives? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Okay what gives?   Okay what gives? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Okay what gives?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Taylor Goodies :: Anything Taylor-
Jump to: