Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Katharine McPhee Dropped

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Katharine McPhee Dropped Empty
PostSubject: Katharine McPhee Dropped   Katharine McPhee Dropped Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 3:57 pm

Another Idol label deal bites the dust. Hollywood Insider has learned that Katharine McPhee is the latest former contestant to part ways with her record company. Like season 2 winner Ruben Studdard and season 5 champ Taylor Hicks, who were signed to J and Arista Records, respectively, a rep for RCA Records confirms that McPhee is no longer on the label's roster, adding that, "Katharine is going to record her next album on her own." McPhee’s self-titled debut charted at a promising No. 2 in February 2007, but it never reached gold status. Sources close to McPhee complain the label didn’t support the album — but Idol Phatigue seems to have conquered McPheever. Still, she shouldn’t lose all hope: The singer, who is managed by Guy Oseary, makes her first feature-film appearance (opposite Anna Faris) in I Know What Boys Like later this year, and we hear she's already in talks with another label.

As for this recent spate of Idol exits (we double-checked, and deals for Clay Aiken and Fantasia are still intact), a rep for the RCA Music Group (which includes Arista, RCA, and J Records) tells Insider, “After six seasons, we are proud of the eight artists on the roster who started their careers on the show. With respect to Taylor, we have an understanding that he will come back to us to play music once he’s finished writing his new material.”

http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/01/katharine-mcphe.html
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Katharine McPhee Dropped   Katharine McPhee Dropped Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 4:17 pm

I can't say I am a big fan of her - she has a serious foot-in-mouth issue that some publicist somewhere needs to address - but maybe in a few years, her maturity level will be on par wit her smile, which is lovely btw.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Katharine McPhee Dropped   Katharine McPhee Dropped Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 4:29 pm

I agree, I didn't care for her either, IT was like "Look at me I'm Kat and I'm pretty" Not my type ha.. I just find it funny that Season 5 was the best year of Idol with the most viewers and the show is not standing by the winner or the runner up at all.. Strange..
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Katharine McPhee Dropped   Katharine McPhee Dropped Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 4:41 pm

Not strange - a crime, in my eyes.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Katharine McPhee Dropped   Katharine McPhee Dropped Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 5:19 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Katharine McPhee Dropped   Katharine McPhee Dropped Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 5:38 pm

She might not have had the back ground that Taylor or Bo had but they didn't have a voice teacher as a mom either, . I don't doubt that Kat will be fine, and she is a beautiful gal and that will carry her a long way if she decides to hit the movie part of her...
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Katharine McPhee Dropped   Katharine McPhee Dropped Icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2008 7:14 pm

My issue with Kat is and has been from word go that there is no emotion in her singing. Listening her sing a romantic ballad...so far as I was concerned, the heart is as deep as if she were singing to a dirty mop.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Katharine McPhee Dropped   Katharine McPhee Dropped Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 3:20 am

Katharine McPhee Dropped 833804 No surprise here as I have a feeling the Davis group is sort of cleaning house. I have a feeling the next victims will be Jordin and Blake as neither is doing that well in sales. As for Katharine she didn't really want to be a singer. I have read several articles that she wanted to be an actress and that idol was her springboard to this. Being she is going to be in a movie I guess she now is fulfilling her dream.

Katharine is pretty but in my book was never that good of a singer and I was shocked she beat out Elliott Yamin and even Chris Daughtry that season. Oh well, I am sure she will be okay in spite of being dropped.
Back to top Go down
Mickeyl
Super Mod
Super Mod
Mickeyl

Female
Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Katharine McPhee Dropped   Katharine McPhee Dropped Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 3:26 am

I really liked Kat early on. But I agree with tyg, technically a really good singer, but no emotional connection to her songs.

I think the dumping of Idol contracts reflects poorly on the show as a whole.
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Katharine McPhee Dropped   Katharine McPhee Dropped Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 9:44 am

Katharine McPhee Dropped 76735 Mickey, I think you are right in saying that all this dropping people may affect the show. I am wondering how all of this is going to turn out. I think the Davis group are acting in a horrible manner but since they have so many fingers in the pie so to speak I doubt anyone will cross them.

Hopefully they get theirs someday!
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Katharine McPhee Dropped   Katharine McPhee Dropped Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 10:22 am

Mickey,
I thought she technique wise had a great gift insofar as she has a great instrument. And she's so young - which excuses a lot of things. BUT I also felt she didn't know heart ache or pain, and thus she just didn't convince me with her sincerity. I felt both Chris (who needs to train himself better vocally) and Elliott (confession time: I wasn't fond of him on the show. I think he was way uncomfortable on that stage for some reason. After seeing him live during the Idols tour - wow! He's very much impressed me since.) did have a smidge more than Kat talent-wise, but Kat had a nice lok that caught the attention of some, because she is asthetically pleasing. She is a cute little thing.
I feel that if she gets a little experiance under her belt, a little more oomph to her, and (please God) learns to control her mouth and not say things she shouldn't (again, youth - gotta love it!) Kat could very easily become a gifted artist. I hope that for her, if that's what she wants. But that will take time.
To play devil's advocate, however, one might have to consider the fact that somehow Paris Hilton had a recording contract as well, and Kat did have at least some depth to her in comparison.....
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Katharine McPhee Dropped   Katharine McPhee Dropped Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 11:03 am

I think the thing with Kat is that she was very unperdictable (sp) She never did real good 2 weeks in a row, I honestly do believe that Chris should have stayed and Kat went home that week, and I also believe that Elliott is much better than Kat. I love watching Paula's reaction to Elliott, she just loved Elliott...
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Katharine McPhee Dropped   Katharine McPhee Dropped Icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2008 11:16 am

True, lack of consistancy was there as well. But there's also that youth thing again.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Katharine McPhee Dropped   Katharine McPhee Dropped Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Katharine McPhee Dropped
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reality Music shows :: American Idol-
Jump to: