Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Kind of explains the J reps statement?

Go down 
+3
Angie
tygrlllie
mandm
7 posters
AuthorMessage
mandm

Female
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-01-06

Kind of explains the J reps statement? Empty
PostSubject: Kind of explains the J reps statement?   Kind of explains the J reps statement? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 7:09 am

"The same thing with Taylor Hicks (above, left). We didn't want to shove any songs down his throat. We wanted to make an album in the style he was comfortable with. We mutually agreed that he'd work on an album [on his own], we'd listen, and we'd see where we go from there. There's no acrimony."

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2008/01/11/2008-01-11_katharine_mcphee_voted_off_by_rca.html
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Kind of explains the J reps statement?   Kind of explains the J reps statement? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 7:52 am

Hmm....Well, that means they might do distribution. That's not all bad, I guess.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
Angie
Administrator
Angie

Female
Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Kind of explains the J reps statement?   Kind of explains the J reps statement? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 8:30 am

As long as he can do the music he wants to do AND comes back to my neck of the woods, I'm happy. More like ecstatic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Idol-Unofficial.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Kind of explains the J reps statement?   Kind of explains the J reps statement? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 9:32 am

:) Sounds to me like the company is trying to cover their butts in case some of these dropped artists end up doing better without the label. I would love it if Taylor ends up selling more on his next cd without them. I know his "Under The Radar" went gold quickly once he was on the show and this was done without a major label.

I also think many of their "roster" artists may get fed up with this label evidently and want out also. The future should be quite interesting!

Kind of explains the J reps statement? 600701
Back to top Go down
tishlp

tishlp

Female
Number of posts : 128
Registration date : 2007-12-07

PostSubject: Re: Kind of explains the J reps statement?   Kind of explains the J reps statement? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 1:05 pm

I'm real torn about this statement. I really don't want JRecords to profit from Taylor's next album at all. But if they liked it and really did a great job on promotion it might not be too bad.

I just don't trust JRecords. But it's not my decision. Whatever Taylor decides to do, I'll buy his music.
Back to top Go down
mandm

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kind of explains the J reps statement?   Kind of explains the J reps statement? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 7:30 pm

Wow, that is wonderful news about Under the Radar.I did not know that.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: Kind of explains the J reps statement?   Kind of explains the J reps statement? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 9:01 pm

First let me say WELCOME TO THE REAL DEAL MANDM..

I don't know if I like the idea of J Records being able to come back and taking what they think is theirs WHEN Taylor records the next Big Selling CD... I'm sure Taylor has all the details worked out and I sure hope they are worked out in his favor... I aslo agree with you concertcris.. I do believe they are covering their back ends.. TO many artists have been let go from their contracts and there has to be a reason for it other than low sales, Isn't LOW sales better than NO sales?
Back to top Go down
mandm

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kind of explains the J reps statement?   Kind of explains the J reps statement? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 11:07 am

Thanks wietzema!!!!! Glad to find this place.I'm a big fan of Taylor and it is so refreshing to come to these places that support him.
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Kind of explains the J reps statement?   Kind of explains the J reps statement? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 1:58 pm

Yes welcome MandyM! I am sorry I am late on this. I have been a little busy and sick to boot. Were always happy to see new members here and I hope you enjoy this littlehome of ours!
If you need anything just PM me and I will help all I can!
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
mandm

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kind of explains the J reps statement?   Kind of explains the J reps statement? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 4:31 pm

Thankyou DreamHrt, you guys are awesome!!![/img]
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kind of explains the J reps statement?   Kind of explains the J reps statement? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 7:06 pm

*hands off a steamy bowl of soup to Jodie, as I wave at mandm* Welcome!
~tyg
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kind of explains the J reps statement?   Kind of explains the J reps statement? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 7:16 pm

Hmm I assume that is "Soul Soup?" Here I accept nothing less :)
Back to top Go down
mandm

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kind of explains the J reps statement?   Kind of explains the J reps statement? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2008 7:35 pm

"smile" waving back at ya, tygrlllie
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kind of explains the J reps statement?   Kind of explains the J reps statement? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 9:38 am

As a matter of fact, Jodie.... :)
Mandm - don't feel shy. You've got some great people on here. We all - here and Legs and TaylorsWay and Angie's new Idolboard, and such...we're a family. It's our great honour that you're with us.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kind of explains the J reps statement?   Kind of explains the J reps statement? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 10:47 am

Oh yes Mandm, you will fit right in here it seems everyone does, it's that easy kind of a place,

Ok tyg, what is Legs and Taylorsway? I'm computer dumb and only go to the places that I've been given the links too, I don't think I've ever heard of these two.. Give me a hint ok. I want to know everything ya know :) :)
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kind of explains the J reps statement?   Kind of explains the J reps statement? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 12:28 pm

Taylorsway I will leave to Jodie because she knows far more than I. Legs is my favourite Tay site along with us here - www.taylorslegs.com. The site is owned by Dawggie and run by the inmates of the asylum! Just kidding. You can read how we began a pinch over a year ago when you go to the page. The Leggies, as we call ourselves, is a group that I have come to call my sisters of the heart, sisters by choice. We support each other, and love each other in everything we say and do and we hold one another when things aren't good, laugh, play, love on Tay and the guys....I can't express properly just how very much I adore these girls. You ought to come join us - you will be made very welcome and feel just as at home as you do here - they also have a very strong no drama policy, but if you ever need love, it's a perfect place to come get some. Right, Jodie? She knows all too well how loving Leggies can be....
~tyg
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kind of explains the J reps statement?   Kind of explains the J reps statement? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 1:21 pm

I sure do. The things the Leggies do for one another is just astounding! Dawggie was due for a birthday soon. Around that time a few of the leggies had gone to a Taylor concert.
Here is the video of what happened at the concert.. (dawggie holding camera I belive) This is Chelena WITH TAY

Now after the show Chelena was asked to come back stage and say hi to the "Guys". Without Dawggie knowing.. she shot this fild for her birthday...

There is nothing like Leggie love...
Even Taylor and the boys know.. we love them a lot and hard!
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kind of explains the J reps statement?   Kind of explains the J reps statement? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 1:25 pm

Now as for TaylorsWay. The founders. Pat, Kathleen and Dave...
They have been some of my best friends here on the internet. There southern folks with a lot of pride and love for the Taylor man.. they take no crap from anyone and are the most friendliest group ya could think of... now.. If you dl my toolbar you would have all the Tay links you need. However that dont mean to leave me :( that would break my tiny lil heart
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kind of explains the J reps statement?   Kind of explains the J reps statement? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2008 2:31 pm

I"ve seen that video the first one that is, I believe it was posted on the now gone Soul Patrol Home at one time.

Sounds like a great bunch gals, I haven't down loaded the tool bar as of yet, I plan on it but just haven't gotten to it yet, should get to that huh?/ thanks for sharing, now I know it all right??
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kind of explains the J reps statement?   Kind of explains the J reps statement? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 7:25 am

That was an amazing thing. We all knew about the video Dawggie was getting for her birthday, and were damn near SALIVATING, waiting to see her reaction to it. Leggie love is a very strange, unusual animal. That's for sure. Wouldn't have it any other way either. And Chelena sounds so good, doesn't she? She went into the city after, to Tay's booksigning in NYC, and brought the imfamous sign for Tay to sign. He laughed when he saw her, and said "Of course I know you! Man, that was FUN that night, wasn't it?"
And we're here, Jodie. In for the long haul. So no worries on your heart. And somebody lied to you, girl. That heart is as big as all outdoors!!!!!!!!
~tyg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kind of explains the J reps statement?   Kind of explains the J reps statement? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kind of explains the J reps statement?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Taylor Goodies :: Taylor In The News-
Jump to: