Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

I do take requests so if there is something you would like

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

I do take requests so if there is something you would like Empty
PostSubject: I do take requests so if there is something you would like   I do take requests so if there is something you would like Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 2:52 pm

Bringing this over from The Boogie:
"Hope this works--

A poster on another site (and a lurker here) asked me to post this--another station playing Taylor--this is her
online chat with the DJ--and the station link is included-

Thanks to medolark:

Radioio now has an exclusive Idols channel. The following are some quotes from email with the DJ, Gregg: I asked why he was only playing a few cuts from TH cd.....and suggested he play a few of the originals.

"Taylor Hicks, to be honest, is one of the reasons this station was started. He obviously has an amazing cult following...we originally received countless emails for airplay when "Just To Feel That Way" was released as the single from the album. Since the record has been out a while, I am anxiously awaiting something new. While I have several songs in a heavy rotation play, it sounds like I need to add more. I do try and give new artists with new releases a lot of additional airplay because often listeners are not aware of some of the new releases. Be that as it may, point taken. You can be assured you will hear more of Mr. Hicks moving forward".

Overnight he added more cuts. I then asked if he could play songs from the indie cds...

"Basically, the way the Idols channel works is we will play tracks from artists in music competitions from the point that they are introduced to the public in that specific competition. While some artists may have older albums out, they are usually not included in the playlist....but I don't think it means that will never happen. What I am trying to do here is help promote these guys to the public to let them know the music that these artists have out currently....I am not opposed to playing a few of Taylor's older tracks though to help bring awareness to the fact that his original albums have been re-released....it kinda makes sense.

I am glad that you have been able to hear a bit more diversity here on the station with Taylor's songs. I took your advice to heart and placed everything from his latest album into the playlist so they will play more frequently. Great suggestion....plus, I appreciate you being here and offering your thoughts. After all, this channel really wouldn't be here without Taylor!

I do take requests so if there is something you would like to hear, don't hesitate to let me know. If there were more requests for Taylor's music, I would definitely play him more often. In the meantime, I will be on the lookout for some of the re-releases to add a few into the playlist".

SO---- Soul Patrol. The station is www.radioio.com, idols channel. You do have to register but it is free. Gregg will answer and according to this play more Taylor.
THIS IS YOUR MISSION, IF YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT. MISSION POSSIBLE, YES!
FEEL FREE TO SHARE THIS IN IT'S ENTIRITY AT OTHER SITES. Ü
http://radioio.com/channel/player/?voxID=61"
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
Pat

Pat

Female
Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: I do take requests so if there is something you would like   I do take requests so if there is something you would like Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 5:14 pm

This is a great deal - I do take requests so if there is something you would like 295441

The DJ, Gregg, is really promoting Taylor on radioio - and the more comments he gets from the Soul patrol, the more he will play Taylor's music! SO please, check it out!
I do take requests so if there is something you would like 316708
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: I do take requests so if there is something you would like   I do take requests so if there is something you would like Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 9:51 pm

I'll check it out, Would love to get that station on my local radio.. But I honestly can't complain to much, I hear Taylor a lot more than others do, and the best part is I wake up to him on my radio even.. What a way to start the day huh??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I do take requests so if there is something you would like   I do take requests so if there is something you would like Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I do take requests so if there is something you would like
Page 1 of 1