Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Chris D in TV Guide.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Chris D in TV Guide. Empty
PostSubject: Chris D in TV Guide.   Chris D in TV Guide. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 8:12 pm

Chris D has an article in the upcoming TV Guide this week. I didn't read it all but they asked him about Taylor and below is his response. To me it's very positive and I truly think that these two are friends and he wants the best for Taylor. See what you think??

For those who have the latest edition of TV Guide, there is a 1-page interview with Chris Daughtry mentioning his Grammy nominations.

Believe it or not, he was asked about what he thought of Taylor Hicks being “dropped by his label” (those were the words they used) . Here’s how Daughtry sees it :

“I think major labels are not for everyone. For some [artists], their vision of how they are creatively doesn’t quite fit the commercial aspect of the music. Hopefully Taylor will get an independent deal where he’s able to be who he is. Because the stuff I heard from his solo projects didn’t quite sound like the stuff that he put out on the major label.”
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Chris D in TV Guide.   Chris D in TV Guide. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 10:55 pm

While this sounded very respectful I still am not fond of Daughtry or his music. I think he is a phony period and is only nice when it suits him or makes him look like a good guy. Maybe he and Taylor are friendly, not sure on this but I am not wild about that comment regarding commercial aspect of music. That is one of the things that made Taylor stand out and be uniquely different.

Most of the commercial music of today all sounds the same to me and I hardly ever listen to the radio anymore just to avoid hearing that junk.
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Chris D in TV Guide.   Chris D in TV Guide. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 12:25 pm

All Chris is saying is that, 'Taylor isn't talented enough to be with a major record label.'
Which isn't respectful and no he doesn't care about Taylor or his career.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chris D in TV Guide.   Chris D in TV Guide. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 12:41 pm

I disagree with that mae, I don't think Chris is saying that at all. To me what he's saying is that Taylor earlier work that he did himself is better than what is on the Cd, which many have agreed with. JRecords had a critera on what they wanted Taylor to do and it wasn't what Taylor wanted but was being held to a contract, had no choice. I do think his earlier songs were very good but I also love this Cd as well. I also do honestly think that Chris and Taylor are friends, both have said they talk every couple of weeks or so. heck I don't talk to some of my friends that often.
I guess we'll never know for sure if Chris is being honest or not we just have to go with a gut feeling on this one. My gut is telling me that what he said is Chris being honest and telling it like it is. IMO
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Chris D in TV Guide.   Chris D in TV Guide. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 4:37 pm

Hopefully Taylor will get an independent deal where he’s able to be who he is. Because the stuff I heard from his solo projects didn’t quite sound like the stuff that he put out on the major label.”

From what I am reading. Chris, is saying that his solo projects were better then the CD he put out. So he knows Taylor is better then what the record label put out. Chris knows Tay needs to be his own man. Dont forget Chris is in the deal with Clive to. He knows the score. So read between the lines to.. I bet he feels like a puppet as well....
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chris D in TV Guide.   Chris D in TV Guide. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 7:03 pm

wietzema wrote:
I disagree with that mae, I don't think Chris is saying that at all. To me what he's saying is that Taylor earlier work that he did himself is better than what is on the Cd, which many have agreed with. JRecords had a critera on what they wanted Taylor to do and it wasn't what Taylor wanted but was being held to a contract, had no choice. I do think his earlier songs were very good but I also love this Cd as well. I also do honestly think that Chris and Taylor are friends, both have said they talk every couple of weeks or so. heck I don't talk to some of my friends that often.
I guess we'll never know for sure if Chris is being honest or not we just have to go with a gut feeling on this one. My gut is telling me that what he said is Chris being honest and telling it like it is. IMO

let me correct myself what Chris D is trying NOT to say is
'Taylor isn't talented enough to be with a major record label.'
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chris D in TV Guide.   Chris D in TV Guide. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 7:06 pm

From what I am reading. Chris, is saying that his solo projects were better then the CD he put out. So he knows Taylor is better then what the record label put out. Chris knows Tay needs to be his own man. Dont forget Chris is in the deal with Clive to. He knows the score. So read between the lines to.. I bet he feels like a puppet as well....[/quote]

I doubt very much that Chris D feels like a puppet. He is Clive's pet. Amazing how far one can go when they bow to the false god of Clive Davis.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Chris D in TV Guide.   Chris D in TV Guide. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 7:45 pm

I dunno. I think he might be feeling as if he is controlled far more than he'd like, and I will consider this a positive article. Thank you.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chris D in TV Guide.   Chris D in TV Guide. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 8:59 pm

I guess each to their own, but I'd like to see the good in people and I really think Chris knows Taylor better than we do and he knows he's good, when he can do what he does best..
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: Chris D in TV Guide.   Chris D in TV Guide. Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 12:01 am

concertcris wrote:
While this sounded very respectful I still am not fond of Daughtry or his music. I think he is a phony period and is only nice when it suits him or makes him look like a good guy. Maybe he and Taylor are friendly, not sure on this but I am not wild about that comment regarding commercial aspect of music. That is one of the things that made Taylor stand out and be uniquely different.

Most of the commercial music of today all sounds the same to me and I hardly ever listen to the radio anymore just to avoid hearing that junk.

Chris D in TV Guide. 839840 Chris D in TV Guide. 399539
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris D in TV Guide.   Chris D in TV Guide. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chris D in TV Guide.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reality Music shows :: American Idol-
Jump to: