Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Heart of America - Nebraska - 1/29/08

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Heart of America - Nebraska - 1/29/08 Empty
PostSubject: Heart of America - Nebraska - 1/29/08   Heart of America - Nebraska - 1/29/08 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 12:02 am

:tredmill Hello all. Once again another audition show and I feel just like this treadmill, going, going, going but never getting to the end of the road. Can you tell I am bored with these auditions? Tonight's episode from Omaha, Nebraska did have a few funny moments however so I have put back on my happy face to relay tidbits of tonight.

:laugh: My first laugh of the night came from a clip of a very heavy-set woman wearing a shirt that says "I Beat Anorexia". Wow, did she ever as she was huge.

Topic Seems Paula's plane was late so both Simon and Randy had to carry on without her. Loved how these two played nice as Simon complimented Randy on his glasses. Now for our first contestant:

:crylaugh: Chris Bernheisel was definitely a riot overall. First he talks about how much American Idol means to him before he enters the audition room to almost cry telling Simon and Randy how he feels. However before he gets emotional he brings gifts; a stuffed dog for Randy, a sweatshirt for Simon, another stuffed animal for the missing Paula which Simon throws behind him and a treasured photo album of himself and Kelly Clarkson. It was never clear if he had made these or if indeed he had met Kelly. Simon displays Kelly's picture for Chris to give him inspiration which was not enough as he completely slaughters Kelly's song "Since You've Been Gone".

However, he has an ace up his sleeve as he asks if he can audition to be one of the interviewers for the Red Carpet finale. Surprise, both Randy and Simon think he can do this and want him to contact Fox 42 and and tell them to let him do the finale. Simon even says if they give him any problems to have them call him. Again I ask what is in Simon's cup?

Heart of America - Nebraska - 1/29/08 930608 Jason Rich is so nervous that it takes him 4 times to finally sing "When You Say Nothing At All" by Keith Whitley. I am shocked that both Simon and Randy were so gracious to this lad since he kept forgetting the lyrics. Finally he manages to sing fairly well and he is off to Hollywood. Have to say I am dumb-founded at this point.

😕 Paula finally arrives in time to hear 5 horrible singers who also forget their lyrics. Boy, this night is definitely strange.

:surprised: Next up is an arm-wrestling blonde in the form of Rachel Wicker. After wrestling Ryan, she then wants to arm-wrestle Simon but he refuses since he thinks she will beat him. Singing Leeann Womack's "Don't Tell Me To Stop Loving You" she is not bad. Simon is a no but Randy and Paula put her through to Hollywood. To show her appreciation she briefly arm-wrestles Paula.

Heart of America - Nebraska - 1/29/08 820770: Another weirdo with a guitar yelling whatever that was is shown next.

👊 Sarah Whitaker appears in all her Gothic glory and informs us she was a professional wrestler going by the name Lady Morgue. She demonstrates a loud laugh that could pierce the eardrums and then gives Ryan a light tap that almost breaks his arm it looks like before she enters the audition room. Here is my next laugh as she sings in kind of a baby voice some song I do not even know. Simon says it best that she sounded like a soundtrack of this town. Pretty bad Sarah and it is a no across the board.

🍺 At this point I feel the urge for a drink as Ryan and Paula decide to change places. In walks Samantha Sidley (another professional) who acts quite shy and reserved as she tells them she thinks she is a good singer. Her voice is pleasant enough as she sings one of the most boring songs I have ever heard "I Don't Know Why" originally by Norah Jones. Ryan starts off by mentioning how she moves her arms and Paula decides to come back and say this is nothing important because the singing is what counts. All four at this point give her the yes to go to Hollywood.

🎶 Next we see fast clips of Elizabeth Erkert, Denise Jackson and Michael Sandfilippo singing and getting their golden tickets. They all sounded okay to me but would have to hear more I think.

Heart of America - Nebraska - 1/29/08 57823 I feel like I am losing it when Angelica Puente gives us a fast rendition of how she and her father do not see eye to eye and she now lives with her grandparents. Honestly I barely understood what she was saying however she does do a nice job singing "Power of Love" by Celine Dion. It is a yes from the judges and Ryan calls Angelica's dad to let him know she is going to Hollywood. Good old dad claims that she has always been his American Idol. Okay I think I need another drink to finish up this show.

bow Next we hear about the success of Chris Daughtry and then lots of rockers who scream out a few lyrics. One who gets to audition for the judges is David Cook who performs "Living On A Prayer" by Bon Jovi. He actually does a nice job but the judges think he needs performance skills. Maybe he should call our dear Taylor for help in this area. He still gets his ticket however.

Heart of America - Nebraska - 1/29/08 945178 Johnny Escamilla performs "Shout" in a really bad way which brings a hiccup from Paula. It is a no from the judges. Then we get to hear several singers slaughter "Stuck In The Middle With You". Will this show never end I ask.

clap Finally Leo Marlowe is the final contestant and I breathe a sigh of relief. This guy comes from a very small town in Iowa that only has 200 people. Simon asks him if he is popluar and he responds that his mother always said he could be Homecoming Queen and too bad it wasn't one of her daughters. This brings a laugh from the judges and even myself. He then sings "A Song For You" which I thought was the best of the night from all the singers we heard. Glad to say this shy guy got his ticket.

Heart of America - Nebraska - 1/29/08 316708 Another audition ends with 19 getting their tickets out of the 10,000 hopefuls who showed up. Next stop is Miami, Florida and we see lots of love being thrust upon our judges as this segment of the show blissfully ends.

So with that I will now bid you a Heart of America - Nebraska - 1/29/08 296366
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Heart of America - Nebraska - 1/29/08   Heart of America - Nebraska - 1/29/08 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 12:30 pm

Concertcris, Loved this recap and you are right on with it all. The best of the night was defently Leo Marlowe by a mile,very good I agree. the rest I thought were pretty average which seems to be the norm this season. The one thing I didn't quiet understand was why they thought that Angelica had a sob story, it seems to me that most kids at her age do not get along with their parents and do move in with relatives to end the agruging. Or so it seems to me anyway. she is a pretty girl but not a blonde. This will be interesting I think.

The best part of the show was Ryan and Paula changing "Jobs" as Ryan put it. :)

All in all it was a pretty average auditioning night for me and I agree the drink would have made it go much faster ha...

19 out of 10,000 the odds are getting worse instead of better ha.. :)

Great recap thanks so much...
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Heart of America - Nebraska - 1/29/08   Heart of America - Nebraska - 1/29/08 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 7:49 pm

Hm. Cool. Tell ya, we had us a rotten storm last night, but the most surreal moment for me was hearing my parents watching the show.....
~tyg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heart of America - Nebraska - 1/29/08   Heart of America - Nebraska - 1/29/08 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heart of America - Nebraska - 1/29/08
Page 1 of 1