Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Results Night - 2/21/08

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Results Night - 2/21/08 Empty
PostSubject: Results Night - 2/21/08   Results Night - 2/21/08 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 10:43 pm

:sad: Even though I sometimes do not like certain performers I always find it sad when the results show airs. You have to look at it from their perspective for trying to do the best they can and once making it to the stage of the top 24 feel they have a chance to realize their dreams. Then it comes to the part where each is on pins and needles and if they hear their name called saying it is the end of the road for them, what a total disappointment that I am sure makes them wonder why me.

Before we get to the results of last night's 28 million votes, I have a few thoughts on the show as a whole. After the welcome speech by Ryan and the intro to the judges our 24 do a medley of hits from the 60's which was not bad. One singer stood out for me the most during this number and that was Luke Menard. On his performance from the other night I did not think he was that great but I have to stay after listening to him in his brief moment tonight I was definitely interested and prayed he would not be the one to leave tonight. Also have to mention that all the contestants looked so nice with the guys in suits and the girls dressed so stylish.

🎶 Another nice moment was seeing Paula Abdul's new video for her song of "Dance Like There's No Tomorrow". She looked great and still sounds great for her age. I am looking forward to buying this cd from Randy Jackson. One side note about this is that Elliott Yamin and Katharine McPhee do a duet on it with the song "Real Love" which should be interesting I think.

Results Night - 2/21/08 201170 Now for the first casulty of the night, Ryan handled this differently than in past seasons. Usually they go down the list of people while he gives a brief rundown of their performance and then lets them know if they are safe or are in the bottom 2. Not so tonight. He immediately calls up Garrett Haley, mentions how sad it is for anyone to leave and then lets him know he is leaving the competition. Props go to Garrett for handling it so well. Then he sings one last time and this time I was impressed with his singing. Now that is how he should have done it the first time.

:eyepop: Now it is one of the girl's turn and he calls up Kristy Lee Cook. He asks her if she is feeling better and she says she is. He then lets her know she is safe and then announces that Amy Davis is the first girl leaving the competition. Strange way to handle this I think. Amy also handles the elimination well. Then sadly she sings again and this time I thought it was worse than the first time.

:crylaugh: For our next elimination Ryan has Joanne Borgella and Amanda Overmeyer take the stage. He then mentions that all the girls on the couches are safe. After giving a rundown of how the judges felt about these two women's performances he announces that Joanne is leaving the competition. Both seem stunned but Joanne does handle it well and then sings better than the night before. I do not get it at all. Are the nerves gone knowing they are done? One note as she sings is how upset the girls were as many were crying. Ramiele seemed to be really taking it hard.

:tsk: Frankly I was not happy with the last elimination at all. Chikezie Eze and Colton Berry are called to the stage. Again Ryan goes over the judges comments from their night of performing and then he announces that Colton is leaving the competition. Colton looked like someone had just died and I really felt for this kid as I did not think he was that bad during his performance. Paula tries to make him feel better which he seems to until Simon the idiot tells Colton to get a real job because he will never be able to make a living from singing. How rude is this? Needless to say Colton bravely sings his song after we see the journey of all four.

Results Night - 2/21/08 833804 So there you have it and our first four eliminations have happened. I wish these four people the best of luck in their futures. Next week the guys will once again take the stage on Tuesday. I am hoping the theme will be a better one so that many of these people will really shine.

Until next time have a great week!

Results Night - 2/21/08 396979
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Results Night - 2/21/08   Results Night - 2/21/08 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 8:07 am

I was actually able to catch it this time, and I agree with just every word of your post. As for your query, here's my take: Yes. Yes, when they go home, the pressure to perform goes away, because - like the old expression, they have nothing to lose.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Results Night - 2/21/08   Results Night - 2/21/08 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 8:44 am

Great reviw as always..

I knew as I think most did that Amy would be the first to go, I think it was so obvious that she was not good enough to be there. I wonder if more of a chance would have helped.

Joanne was not really a surprise to me, I did think she was good and I thought she could have gotten better but I knew there was no way any of the others would bite the so long bullet, so I guess she was the obvious choice. Of course on the AI boards some are staying it's because of her size and not her talent that sent her home Really how stupid is that. Some people.

I felt for Garrett. And you are right now that he handled it so good, I didnt care for his performance the other night but again thought with time he could have been pretty good. Love his hair, by the way. But he looks so young and he will be fine I bet..

Now for the last one, WOW I was so shocked that Chikezie stayed, in all honesty I would have thought he would have been the first to go but I was very surprised that he stayed and Colton left, I think Colton did ok when handed the news to bad some of his fan can not say the same. I did not like his performance but I really thought that Chikezie did much worse. I also did not care for Simons comments to this young kid but in away I do understand what Simon was saying, just think he could have been a bit nicer about it. But Simon has never pulled any punches why would he start now. I think these 4 were lucky to get out now before the comments get worse.

I loved Paula's video, She still has it for sure, and she looks amazing as well. Very good job I thought and her age and her health I know it had to be a rough video to make for her. But loved it and she is a very beautiful gal isn't she..

I DID NOT agree with what Paula said about the contrversey around the show so far. I was always under the impression that this show was to find the best UNDISCOVERED TALENT. Yet she said last night that it's great that they have some in the 24 that have had previous experience. I agree that there is nothing wrong with them have the experience and all but record deals and such are a bit much for me anyway. But it seems that they'll do and say anything to keep Carly and the others that are MORE experienced in the show without ruffling any feathers.

It will be intersting to see how things proceed from here on out. I just hope that David H brings it to the table EVERY WEEK because I just remembered that Simon did not want him to go through I guess I didn't realize that and right now I really like David H.. He's different from the others and I just like his style.

Great recap CC .. Thanks so much.
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Results Night - 2/21/08   Results Night - 2/21/08 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 9:06 am

:D Thanks for the comments. I have to agree with you Sandi that it seems like the comments the judges are now making is to cover up the fact that we have professionals in the group. Not fair at all.

I also agree that David Hernandez is a wonderful singer and in spite of his nerves the other night I really liked him. Maybe I will throw some votes his way to keep him in the competition so he makes the top 10 as they are the ones that get to go on tour which is another rant I have. They make such a big deal about the top 12 but then only 10 get to go on tour and that stinks!

As for Joanne being voted off because of her size that is bull as she looks fabulous I think. I think one reason that these four did not get to stick around is because they were seen so little and really did not have time to build a solid fan base. Jeesh, I wish they would eliminate some of the nonsense of the initials auditions and concentrate on the ones who make it to Hollywood that way we get to see how they did there.

Anyway got to go so have a great day and talk to you soon! Results Night - 2/21/08 322546
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Results Night - 2/21/08   Results Night - 2/21/08 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Results Night - 2/21/08
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reality Music shows :: American Idol-
Jump to: