Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

American Idol: Best of the Best - Week 1

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

American Idol: Best of the Best - Week 1 Empty
PostSubject: American Idol: Best of the Best - Week 1   American Idol: Best of the Best - Week 1 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 6:01 pm

Friday, 22 February 2008
Let's face it: American Idol auditions aren't exactly a good judgment for great singers. In fact, having a person sing a capella in a room with good acoustics is entirely different from singing with a microphone on national TV with a back up band. Nonetheless, American Idol was able to capture a few good auditions in its first week.

Backtracking a little bit, last year's good performance was that of Sundance Head. However, Sundance wasn't able to keep up with the national stage due to a set of terrible songs coupled with a tendency to sing out of tune. Sanjaya Malakar was also good, but then there's Blake Lewis and Taylor Hicks who initially got only two out of three judges' votes but made it far. Sort of.

This year, we picked three best performances in American Idol's first week of auditions. First up is Angela, a single mother whose child suffers from a rare disease much like Cerebral Palsy. Of course, that little fact squeezed in kind of tugs our heartstrings, and makes her competition a little bit interesting. Some may find it annoying that the producers need to add in a little of that sentimentality, but we all guess that it's really how reality TV works. Anyway, Angela seems to be a great singer, who is fully supported by her friends and family. Aside from being a kindhearted person, she sings for a living, showcasing her strong and powerful voice. A down side to her audition came in the form of some level of cheesiness in her performance, after she ad-libbed "Simon" in her song. Advised by the judges to scrap that, she may as well be on her way to the top 24.

Next up is Kady Malloy, who isn't just a great performer, but also looks like a pop star herself. Oh, and that Britney Spears impression earned her a little bit more points.

Lastly, there's Pia Easley, who is the most exciting, atypical personality who has been on the audition so far. She sings well with her deep, bluesy voice, and boasts of a career as a model and musician. Stepping into American Idol may be a big leap for her, and may as well be her grand entrance into Hollywood .

For more resources about American Idol or for the full story of American Idol: Best of the Best - Week 1 please review http://www.buddytv.com

Article Source: http://www.articlesbase.com/art-and-entertainment-articles/american-idol-best-of-the-best-week-1-338416.html
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: American Idol: Best of the Best - Week 1   American Idol: Best of the Best - Week 1 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 8:43 am

American Idol: Best of the Best - Week 1 322546 While I was impressed with both Angela Martin and Kady Molloy, I was not so thrilled with Pia Easely. I do not care for singers who scream their lyrics. Sadly Angela did not make it but Kady did. Neither did Pia which goes to show you no matter how your audition goes if you can not cut it in Hollywood your gone. In the small clip we saw of Angela I could see she was not doing as well as her initial auditon. It is a real shame I think.

Thanks for posting the article.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: American Idol: Best of the Best - Week 1   American Idol: Best of the Best - Week 1 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 10:54 pm

I really liked Angela, and not because of her sad story, I honestly think the girl could have went far given the chance. It was a mistake for AI to but all their eggs in one basket and push the Carlys of these seasons in. It could really backfire on them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: American Idol: Best of the Best - Week 1   American Idol: Best of the Best - Week 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

American Idol: Best of the Best - Week 1
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reality Music shows :: American Idol-
Jump to: