Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

It's A Soul Thing! Bring Taylor Hicks Back!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

It's A Soul Thing! Bring Taylor Hicks Back! Empty
PostSubject: It's A Soul Thing! Bring Taylor Hicks Back!   It's A Soul Thing! Bring Taylor Hicks Back! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 9:12 pm

I'm terribly sorry, but I'm watching this year's crop of wanna-be's on American Idol and so far it's a terrible bore. Yawn!! Let's be honest - it just is. Yea, you've got the first potential teeny-bopper AI winner in your mist with David Archuleta. He's does nothing for me musically, but I KNOW the teen girls will love this young boy. You got the overhyped Michael Johns and the failed recording artist Carly Smithson. Oh boy.

http://soulthing.blogspot.com/2008/02/american-idol-7-bore-bring-taylor-hicks.html
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: It's A Soul Thing! Bring Taylor Hicks Back!   It's A Soul Thing! Bring Taylor Hicks Back! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 9:40 pm

Interesting blog, I agree with her for the most part, I think if American Idol would admit that Season 5 was the best season and not try to make it better with a new stage and the other stuff they have planned. If they gave season 5 the credit it so deserved I think they'd see a lot more respect and the likablity factor would be much better. This season does have so nice talent, I do like David H and Asia'h I think they are worth listening to but so many of the SP have given up on AI that they'll never hear them. JMO
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's A Soul Thing! Bring Taylor Hicks Back!   It's A Soul Thing! Bring Taylor Hicks Back! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 10:06 pm

I agree. For the life of me, I have no clue why they diss season five so badly. When it was clearly the best season they ever had. Probably because Taylor won. Did you know they took him completely out of American Idol? They still have Ruben in there, but no Taylor... :(
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: It's A Soul Thing! Bring Taylor Hicks Back!   It's A Soul Thing! Bring Taylor Hicks Back! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 7:29 am

I know - Ruben is even doing the home-going song this year, and Taylor's not even a blip.
*sigh* Can anybody tell me why I miss a man I don't even know?? Tay so needs to get bac on the bus. Just sayin'.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's A Soul Thing! Bring Taylor Hicks Back!   It's A Soul Thing! Bring Taylor Hicks Back! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 8:41 am

Hey tyg, I sure wish I could answer that question, because I sure miss Taylor as well and I've never met the man or been close to meeting him. I've gotten a couple of pictures but that's thanks to a very good zoom on a very old camera ha.. I just wish AI would realize what they had and what they are passing up on with Taylor. I can't help but think if they embrassed that American Idol would be super popular, not that it isn't now but I aslo know that there are many that no longer watch it because of their treatment of Taylor. It's sad really, and Taylor takes in in stride and always thanks AI for what they did for him. It really bothers me that Simon does not like Taylor and for no reason, How can someone NOT LOVE this guy.. I don't get it//
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's A Soul Thing! Bring Taylor Hicks Back!   It's A Soul Thing! Bring Taylor Hicks Back! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 11:45 am

I don't know. I know that no one loves everybody, nor should they - individualism is a beautiful thing - but!!! and it's a big one - there were and are millions of people, myself among them, who paid to show how much this one man meant to them. Hello. I think you hear me knocking, people. And why would they be embarassed of Tay? I mean, sure - he's a dorkfish, but I happen to love that about him. I am too. These folk in Hollyweird with their plastic bodies and smiles and emotions....*shudders visciously* No, okay. That is not what I voted for and fell in love with. I hate that he has to go all Ken doll just to get a little power in his corner.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's A Soul Thing! Bring Taylor Hicks Back!   It's A Soul Thing! Bring Taylor Hicks Back! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 4:26 pm

(incert heavy sigh) I guess our hearts are open to reality. In all honesty we dont want to idolise someone who is untouchable. We want to feel a part of them. We want to know the human side. Most wont show that. Taylor has no probnleming allowing us to see that he is in fact human.
I am figuareing that the "bigger world" cant handle this. They want perfection at any cost. When Tay refused to be that person.. they dropped him.
As you say though Tgy.. its time for him to come back to the fans before one by one they get tired of waiting...
HUGS
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: It's A Soul Thing! Bring Taylor Hicks Back!   It's A Soul Thing! Bring Taylor Hicks Back! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 9:15 am

🎶 Very interesting topic here. I happen to think that it galls American Idol in a way that Season 5 was so popular and let's face it they had the bigger vote ever for that season. The fact that they choose to ignore our Taylor is beyond belief. I notice on the opening part of the show that each of the idols are shown but Taylor's is only his bottom half with no real picture of his face. Regardless, I think the soul patrol will be around to keep Taylor in the picture for years to come. I do however agree that he needs to make a new cd and come back into the limelight. Hopefully this time around, his cd will sale big and show-up the non-believers of Taylor's unique talent!
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's A Soul Thing! Bring Taylor Hicks Back!   It's A Soul Thing! Bring Taylor Hicks Back! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 10:51 am

On the subject of the opening credits I noticed the last two night that Carrie is missing as well, they go from Fantasia to Jordin and the to the whole picture, I thought I was seeing wrong so rewound my tape and checked again and she was not shown talk about surprise wow......

AI will someday know what they did or rather didn't do for Taylor and it will come back and bite them in the butt, It already has because I do not believe that they are getting the votes that they say they are, I wonder about the rating as well but dont' suppose there is any way to fudge on that is there.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: It's A Soul Thing! Bring Taylor Hicks Back!   It's A Soul Thing! Bring Taylor Hicks Back! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2008 7:55 pm

Yes, Jodie - come home, Tay. We love you. Come to us. But the public doesn't want human or real, and I hate this, but that is precisely WHAT TAYLOR IS, DAMMIT!
~tyg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's A Soul Thing! Bring Taylor Hicks Back!   It's A Soul Thing! Bring Taylor Hicks Back! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's A Soul Thing! Bring Taylor Hicks Back!
Page 1 of 1