Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

And Then There Were Ten - Results - 3/19/08

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

And Then There Were Ten - Results - 3/19/08 Empty
PostSubject: And Then There Were Ten - Results - 3/19/08   And Then There Were Ten - Results - 3/19/08 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 7:54 am

:waveing: Welcome to another night where the voting public screwed up one more time. Yeppers, it is the dreaded results night and I apologize for being so late with my re-cap but just could not get my daughter off the computer. So without further ado, let's get to the show.

🍌 You have to give it up to the fact that Ryan Seacrest is really a handsome guy and looked great in his suit and stripped tie last night. After introducing our judges, he mentions some news about the songwriting contest. Obviously, the voting public got that wrong also as last year's "This Is My Now" was a horrible song I thought and poor Jordin Sparks had to put it on her album which has been certified gold (By the way this only means that 500,000 copies were shipped out, does not mean she has sold that much).

We then hear finally I might add that the mentors this year will be Dolly Parton, Mariah Carey, Andrew Lloyd Webber and Neil Diamond. I think each of these people have talent but for some reason I kind of felt let down. Sure wish they had picked people like INXS or Aerosmith. Oh well. Don't get me wrong I do own music from Dolly, Mariah and Neil.

And Then There Were Ten - Results - 3/19/08 76735 Our performers are next introduce with a group sing that was one of the worst group sings I have ever seen. Off-key throughout and I honestly did not recognize the songs sung. For some reason this group just does not sound good together as others have in past seasons. Sure miss Season 5 big time.

:dream: Then we get a rundown of the night before which overall was a real snoozefest I think. We see black sofas on one side of the stage and three silver chairs on the other as Ryan starts the results. First out of the gate is the boring Brooke White who is safe. No surprise as she for some reason has tons of fans. Carly Smithson is next and I am floored when Ryan tells her she is in the bottom 3. She also is stunned as are Randy and Paula who say America got it wrong. Next to be saved are David Archuleta and Michael Johns. Popularity is definitely winning out here I think but I do not think it is for Michael's singing ability.

And Then There Were Ten - Results - 3/19/08 957205 Next on the agenda is seeing how a Ford commercial is made and boy is this a stupid video. The gang get to sing "Should I Stay Or Should I Go" and if I was one of the ones performing in this nonsense I would definitely want to go. I really feel for the contestants.

And Then There Were Ten - Results - 3/19/08 930608 More results follow with David Cook safe. Kristy Lee Cook is once again in the bottom 3 (three weeks running now). Jason Castro safe (boy is he goofy acting) and Ramiele Malubay is also safe. At this point I am getting a bad feeling about the elimination.

And Then There Were Ten - Results - 3/19/08 791667 Our phone calls are next with the following questions.

1. Cheryll wants to know why Simon spends so much on cars instead of clothes (note here: he just bought a million dollar car). He feels the question is rude but does say he does not care about wardrobe as he has no ego. Simon, are you for real, I ask?

2. Jessica wants to know if Simon would want to do a sequel to the kiss that he and Paula shared on Season 2. He answers yes and then tells Paula she is a good kisser. It would not surprise me at all if these two do hook up eventually.

3. Mary wants to know the last song that Ramiele added to her IPod. It is R. Kelly's "I'm A Flirt".

4. Lastly Linda wants to know if the experience on AI is everything Michael Johns hoped for. His answer is of course yes but does add he did not realize how stressful it would be.

🎶 Kellie Pickler performs her "Red High Heels" after we see the journey she took on her season of AI. She has the same cute personality but has grown in so many ways as Ryan puts it (rumor has it that she had breast implants, is this a pun or what). She in my opinion looked a lot older than her AI days but still has that spunk as she did well on her number. I am not wild about her hairdo but did like her outfit.

clap Next we see Fantasia and Elliott Yamin distributing bed nets to the Malaria infested area of Angola. My heart goes out to these people having to deal with such awful conditions. The locals love that Fantasia is singing "Amazing Grace" and Elliott is honored and overwhelmed that a new child has been named for him. I loved how he said "I'm a godfather". Due to the Idol Gives Back from last year 8 million bed nets were given. Hopefully this will help those unfortunate people be safe from the dreaded Malaria.
One last note on this, the show this year will be aired on April 9th.

😕 Now comes the final result of who is in the bottom 3. Syesha Mercado is safe leaving only Amanda Overmeyer and Chikezie Eze. Amanda is in the bottom 3. Again I am floored with the bottom 3 result except for Kristy. Carly gets sent to the sofas first and I am thinking finally Kristy will go but no it is Amanda. Kristy looked like she was apologizing to Amanda. Amanda takes her elimination well and then sings ahead of the band and gives them a look like catch-up will you.

The one thing that stood out in my mind when it was announced that Kristy was again safe was the comment that Simon has made that she is forgettable and no one will remember her. Is he crazy? 3 weeks in a row she has beaten out better singers and I am now thinking that all of the fans better watch out for their favorites as this girl might continue to knock out better singers.

wiggle In closing I have to say I am glad Chikezie made the top 10 but am also relieved that I no longer have to vote and the title is definitely up for grabs with the "popular" group. I welcome your thoughts.

Toodles for now!
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: And Then There Were Ten - Results - 3/19/08   And Then There Were Ten - Results - 3/19/08 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 3:08 pm

The best part of last nights show was seeing Elliott IMO, He is still as heart warming as ever and the tears still come easy, what a guy.
I like the idea of these mentors I love Neil Diamond, and who doesn't love Dolly, and Ryan is always worth tuning in to see, As for the results heres my take on them.

Carly I was a bit surprised that she hit the bottom three, Did not expect that at all, and I was so sure that Kristi would be there as well, Amanda was another surprise for me, I kind of expected Micheal John to be there, but whatever, I was shocked big time to see Kristi once again safe, HOW AND WHY is my questions then I got an email from someone that made me see a little clearer, this is the 10 now the touring 10 and Kristi is now the only country singer in the group, no way would AI not let her go on tour it would take away from their sales I'm sure, She does not deserve to be there mind you in my opinion both Amanda and David deserved it much more. It will be interesting to see how this bunch moves forward now, Amanda was not one of my favorites but I did think she was good and thought she was doing her thing, I do not believe that Kristi's fan base is larger than Amanda's just don't see that at all. But then what do I know,

Oh well another week gone ha,.

Thanks CC for the review.
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: And Then There Were Ten - Results - 3/19/08   And Then There Were Ten - Results - 3/19/08 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 7:13 pm

:waveing: Hi Sandi. You may be right about why Kristy made it into the top 10 but honestly I would rather have seen a rocker like Amanda make it. It would have been awesome if Asiah or David H had made it then the actual tour would have been worth seeing.

And Then There Were Ten - Results - 3/19/08 399539 Seeing Elliott was definitely a highlight for me on this show. He is just so cute and adorable. I just love both of his cds and play them often even though one is a Christmas cd. Sure wish I could see him solo but most of his tour dates have been in the east. Now if Taylor and Elliott put a show together I would travel anywhere in the U.S. to see it. And Then There Were Ten - Results - 3/19/08 322546

Anyway, good to hear from you!
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: And Then There Were Ten - Results - 3/19/08   And Then There Were Ten - Results - 3/19/08 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 9:05 pm

concertcris wrote:
:waveing: Hi Sandi. You may be right about why Kristy made it into the top 10 but honestly I would rather have seen a rocker like Amanda make it. It would have been awesome if Asiah or David H had made it then the actual tour would have been worth seeing.

And Then There Were Ten - Results - 3/19/08 399539 Seeing Elliott was definitely a highlight for me on this show. He is just so cute and adorable. I just love both of his cds and play them often even though one is a Christmas cd. Sure wish I could see him solo but most of his tour dates have been in the east. Now if Taylor and Elliott put a show together I would travel anywhere in the U.S. to see it. And Then There Were Ten - Results - 3/19/08 322546

Anyway, good to hear from you!

Hi to you too, :waveing: :waveing:
Oh man wouldn't that be a great concert, Taylor and Elliott together, I bet that would be a concert to end all concerts
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: And Then There Were Ten - Results - 3/19/08   And Then There Were Ten - Results - 3/19/08 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 9:29 am

I think that would be a good show also. America has their collective head in their behinds in my opinion. Of all of them, I actually looked forward to Amanda performing. Oh well.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And Then There Were Ten - Results - 3/19/08   And Then There Were Ten - Results - 3/19/08 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

And Then There Were Ten - Results - 3/19/08
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reality Music shows :: American Idol-
Jump to: