Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

over-rated contestants

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

over-rated contestants Empty
PostSubject: over-rated contestants   over-rated contestants Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2008 12:05 pm

IMHO - that isn't so humble here the over-rated contestants

Seasons 1-4 didn't watch, though Clay Aikens and Carrie Underwood is over-rated.
Season 5 - Sway - should have never got a ticket to hollywood much less been in the top 24. I guess not knowing the lyrics is forgiveable on AI.
Chris Daughtry - didn't get it then, and don't get it now
Elliott Yamin - only because lots of people consider him to be the best male vocals that ever hit the American Idol stage.
While he is a really, really good singer, and may even be one of the best that hit the AI stage, he is by no means the best male vocalist that hit the AI stage.
Season 6 - Sundance Head should have never made it into the top 24 - Tommy Daniels should have. Tommy had a beautiful voice, and Sundance i never heard sing. Yell and shout alot, never sing.
Chris Richardson - never did figure out how he got as far as he did.
Blake Lewis - boy can't carry a tune in the bucket with a lid and a handle.
Milanda Doolittle - though a really good singer, and did get some votes from me; mainly by default - Lakisha Jones was out of the running by then - everything MD did sounded pretty much the same.
Season 7 - nearly all of the top 24 too many to name.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: over-rated contestants   over-rated contestants Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 8:59 am

mae were you in a bad mood when you wrote this? JK....

I didn't watch 1-4 or at least most of 4 but seen enough of it to know that I loved Bo Bice and still think he should have won. JMO

I've watched Rewind and caught most of season 2 and I can see why his fans think he was robbed, this guy is great and he sure can sing, but he's another one that AI choices not to keep in their fold. I don't think Clay is overrated but now Carrie, well she is good I do have to give her that but I truly am tired of hearing Carrie Underwood ALL THE TIME and EVERYWHERE>

I think the thing with Chris D is that he's Rock, I don't care for rock but I'll give Chris a heads up, for a rock performer he is very good, I know you don't care for him and that's ok, I'm going to give him the credit that he's due, He's made his mark on the music world and he's done good.

Elliott- OMG I love Elliott, I honestly think he's great, and it's not just his voice it's his whole being, he has a great personality and from what I've been told by a fan of his, he will sit and talk to his fans like they are old friends, Is he the best voice to ever be on AI, No I don't think so but he's one of the top 3 or 4 IMO

Sundance- I didn't care for him at all, why I don't know, I think it was because I was still google eyed over Taylor and the comments that Simon made at Sundances audition turned me against him right away.

Chris R- Kind of agree with you there but didn't take the time to really get to know him or listen for that matter so it's an open book for me.

Melinda-Again I thought she was overrated and never brought to the table what I expected from her but season 6 was a bad season for me and didn't pay a lot of attention the same goes for Blake. He was different with his beatboxing and I think he did well in that area but beatboxing is not my cup of tea..

SEason 7- Well IT IS NOT THE BEST as they say, no way not for me anyway. I think there was some good talent that went to Hollywood, and made the top 24 for example, Derk-the country boy, that Martin gal (can't think of her name) I loved Aisa'h and DAvid H. I like Jason and David C now but didn't then. I'm not to much into the girls though and anyone of them could go anytime.
Back to top Go down
geewindu

geewindu

Male
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: over-rated contestants   over-rated contestants Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 3:02 am

For this season one immediately comes to mind. David Archuleta. Very overrated I think he would've done better if he waited a few years. He's not quite mature enough I think.

I thought LaKisha was overrated last year, I just never got her at all. I couldn't help but compare her to Doolittle since they had the same genre and Doolittle was so much better vocally and personality-wise.

Kat Mcphee, never should've made the top 6 let alone the top 2. I don't know how she got so far. Looks?

Bo Bice, while good IMO was way overrated. He was good but better than Carrie? I don't think so. I liked Anwar better than Bo. Though Bo's new cd sounds interesting.

Well those are from the seasons I've watched the most overrated contestant in each.

I like Clay and Carrie, Elliot, Melinda, Blake, David Cook, Brooke. All are pretty good IMO. Brooke may even be underrated. Definitely not overrated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: over-rated contestants   over-rated contestants Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

over-rated contestants
Page 1 of 1