Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

The Results Are In - 5/07/08

Go down 
+2
tygrlllie
concertcris
6 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

The Results Are In - 5/07/08 Empty
PostSubject: The Results Are In - 5/07/08   The Results Are In - 5/07/08 Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 11:52 pm

:waveing: Hello all, as you can see this is another Wednesday night to see who our top 3 will be. Ryan opens the show by thanking the voting public for the huge amount of votes that came in. Nearly 51 million with the top 3 only separated by a million each. Ryan and the judges are very well color coordinated as each is deck out in black. Before we get to the group sing, Ryan questions the judges on some of their actions of the night before. Both Randy and Paula discuss the critiques of Syesha. Simon's response involves his being surprised with the song choices. Weren't we all dear Simon! :surprised:

The Results Are In - 5/07/08 820770: The group sing tonight was our 4 singing the classic "Reeling In The Years" by Steely Dan which was off their 1972 album "Can't Buy A Thrill". I actually liked the contestants solos better than when they sang together. Also a nice solo by the guitar player.

🎶 Before we get to the results, let's talk about our guests tonight. It was so good seeing Bo Bice back on the stage. He looks so good and does a bang-up job singing his song "Witness" off his "See The Light" album which came out last year. I own this one and love it. It was also good news to hear that Bo's wife is once again expecting. Should be a cute kid considering their first boy is so adorable and cute. Bo's advice to the contestants: Practice, practice, practice!

Also good to see Maroon 5 perform their latest single "If I Never See Your Face Again". Although on the actual single Adam Levine sings with Rhianna who I like alot. I also have their latest cd and it is so good so I highly recommend it if you like pop music. Adam also offers some advice: Get ready to work hard.

clap Our Ford commercial was kind of fun as our contestants are matadors to the song "Ring of Fire". They actually all looked great in it.

The Results Are In - 5/07/08 468517 Phone Call Time:

1. Emily knows the tour is coming to her town on her birthday which is July 29th and she wants to know if David Cook will go on a date with her. He nicely asks her what she likes to do and she tells him they could go to dinner and see the city. He says we'll see.

2. Sarah wants to know what the biggest challenge has been for the contestants. Lots of banter with Jason finally saying "brain being dead". Oh this kid needs some work on interviews and questions for sure.

3. Allison wants to know why the Queen has not knighted Simon. He wonders that too and says he is available.

4. Mara wants to know about Syesha's feeling of accomplishments. She is proud of herself being the only girl with the funny guys as she puts it.

5. Teresa wants to know if any of the contestants have gotten feedback from some of the artists they have covered. David Cook does mention he has from the lead singer of Our Lady Peace.

6. Marla thinks Simon is sexy and intriguing and would be good as the next James Bond. Simon once again says he is available. I have to admit I get a real kick out of Simon's laugh.

The Results Are In - 5/07/08 839840 What a thrill for our contestants who were flown to Las Vegas over the weekend in their own 737. They definitely got the star treatment with the makeovers, seeing the Dolphin pond, signing autographs and meeting the cast of the new show at Cirque de Soleil called "Love" which is about The Beatles. The show looks like a good one.

The Results Are In - 5/07/08 930608 Now for the results:

David Archuleta is out first and Ryan gives another re-cap of his performances. He asks young David how he feels and David is nervous as usual but did like the songs he picked to sing. He is safe!

David Cook is next with the girls screaming. Another re-cap and how he felt about his songs of the night before. He thinks it was not so good but he also is safe.

Out comes Jason and Syesha as the bottom 2. After some re-cap, Ryan asks Jason what happened the night before and Jason says his inexperience got the better of him and he screwed up. I did like how he said someone had asked him if he had shot Mr. Tambourine Man. Kind of funny. After a dramatic pause we find Syesha has made it to the safety of the couches. For once the voting public got it right! Jason is eliminated!

He ends the show once again not doing a very good job on the song "I Shot The Sheriff". I actually think Jason felt relief knowing he was going home.

:kisses: One last note to add. Although it was quite brief our Taylor was shown on one of his stamps and it was so good to see that! No matter what our Taylor has definitely been a real asset to this show whether they realize it or not.

The Results Are In - 5/07/08 295441 So another night has come and gone and next week our 3 get to visit their hometowns as the top 3. Should be a real thrill for them and I am quite happy for them. I will now say good night and wish you a wonderful week ahead.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: The Results Are In - 5/07/08   The Results Are In - 5/07/08 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 7:52 am

I'm not following religiously, but I did catch Mr. Tamborine Man and literally cringed.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: The Results Are In - 5/07/08   The Results Are In - 5/07/08 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 1:33 pm

Quoting CC -

"Out comes Jason and Syesha as the bottom 2. After some re-cap, Ryan asks Jason what happened the night before and Jason says his inexperience got the better of him and he screwed up. I did like how he said someone had asked him if he had shot Mr. Tambourine Man. Kind of funny. After a dramatic pause we find Syesha has made it to the safety of the couches. For once the voting public got it right! Jason is eliminated!

He ends the show once again not doing a very good job on the song "I Shot The Sheriff". I actually think Jason felt relief knowing he was going home."

Finally, I hit the mark. Jason, I'm sorry to say, should have gone home a long time ago but fanbase being what it is....need I say more. This weeks performances didn't really do much for me but they were entertaining. I did like the Ford commercial. AND...the judges did look good, didn'tl they?

Awesome performance by Bo Bice. He is doing so well. 🆒
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: The Results Are In - 5/07/08   The Results Are In - 5/07/08 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 10:02 pm

The results show was what I thought it would be, I knew that the Davids would be safe unless they threw in the "shock factor" for the Top 4 as they have the last 2 season, But I was not surprised that the bottom was Syesha and Jason and honestly I don't think they were surprised either. Jason going home was NOT a surprise either, and I think he was not surprised either, as I said in the post of the recap of the show, Jason was out of his league and he knew it, BUT to be fair he was the only one that was completly innocent when it came to performing or being able to say they had had public apprences before, Him saying that he would have had to pick 3 songs for next week and he didn't know what he'd have done or how he'd have done it proved to me he was ready to go. I didn't want him to go but he made it a long way adn he should be very proud of that.

I really don't have a lot to say about the results show except that I agree with denip that the Ford Commercial was pretty good and seeing Bo Bice was the BEST part of the show. Oh and them really mentioning Taylor's stamp and showing his picture was great and expected but so very nice to see this show acknowleadge him... AT LAST..

Thanks CC for the review, Sorry I'm late getting over here, I've been out of town sense early yesterday ( Wed) so didn't get a chance to get on line at all the last 2 days, Just got home an hour ago and her I am already ha ha..
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: The Results Are In - 5/07/08   The Results Are In - 5/07/08 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 10:36 pm

tygrlllie wrote:
I'm not following religiously, but I did catch Mr. Tamborine Man and literally cringed.
~tyg

I chopped my ears off!!!!!!!!!!! just kidding, it was hideous and i don't mean just the fact he forgot the lyrics.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Results Are In - 5/07/08   The Results Are In - 5/07/08 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 10:38 pm

As bad as he was on Tuesday night, I give the kid an A for effort and I think he was just off his game is all.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Results Are In - 5/07/08   The Results Are In - 5/07/08 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 11:40 am

Tamborine Man is just one of those songs hard to sing if you don't have the right range. Agree with W though. Giving the kid an A for the effort.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Results Are In - 5/07/08   The Results Are In - 5/07/08 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 8:59 pm

I really think Jason knew he was out of his league for some time, The others all had way more experience than he did, but I have no reason to not believe he'll do great in his furture regardless of what that will be.
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Results Are In - 5/07/08   The Results Are In - 5/07/08 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 12:55 am

Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Results Are In - 5/07/08   The Results Are In - 5/07/08 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 1:41 am

You know, I watched that video on Youtube and I have to admit he's a cutie. I think if he gets the right music and the right deal he could very well record a decent cd.
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Results Are In - 5/07/08   The Results Are In - 5/07/08 Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 2:22 pm

he??? are you talking about Sam???
or do you mean she and refering to Syesha??
Back to top Go down
cougarose

Female
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2007-08-27

PostSubject: Re: The Results Are In - 5/07/08   The Results Are In - 5/07/08 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 6:30 am

I was wondering about that too Mae. Sam Cooke made some beautiful music in his day. But I think it's a bit too late for him to making a decent (or any other kind of) CD. Sayesha, however, could certainly make a wonderful CD. She has a very pretty voice, and although I haven't heard all of her performances, I haven't heard her botch a single song.
I'm sorry but I'm glad Jason is gone. He was indeed out of his league. He almost looked embarrased to still be there. Carly Smithson was so much better as were Brooke and Kristi Lee. That's the one thing I simply don't like about this show. It's too much of a popularity contest. Voters out there should be rating the music and performance, not how cute the guy is.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: The Results Are In - 5/07/08   The Results Are In - 5/07/08 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2008 1:14 pm

The Results Are In - 5/07/08 412302 Last post didn't make any sense at all so I stand corrected. I was talking about Jason and Syesha both.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Results Are In - 5/07/08   The Results Are In - 5/07/08 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Results Are In - 5/07/08
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reality Music shows :: American Idol-
Jump to: