Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Taylor Hicks Retires The Jacket and The Shirt

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Taylor Hicks Retires The Jacket and The Shirt Empty
PostSubject: Taylor Hicks Retires The Jacket and The Shirt   Taylor Hicks Retires The Jacket and The Shirt Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 12:05 pm

The Taylor Hicks Season Five definitive jacket has been retired. It will lie in state in the Alabama Hall of Fame enshrined forever in all of its shiny purple glory. The jacket will be accompanied by that great paisley shirt.

I really liked the purple jacket. That and those blue suede shoes and paisley shirt were probably two of my favorite looks Hicks incorporated into his Idol triumph. Where the shoes are, most likely, still in Hicks' closet. Those were keepers, apparently.

Man, looking at the display case puts me in mind of my last trip to England, and my tour of Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum. I rather enjoyed The London Dungeon more, but Tussaud's is a Must See.

This is all I have for now on Taylor but it's nice, having a physical piece of evidence regarding his earning a spot in Alabama history. Fans can come and take pictures and remember Mr. Hicks' 'show how it's done' time on American Idol.

Taylor Hicks obviously believes in giving back, he's been in one charity gala after the other this year. Over the Mother's Day weekend he performed at the Hannah Home charity event which provides support for abused, homeless women. This week he's golfing in Birmingham, AL at the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail for the Region's Charity Classic being held May 14-18.

I have a few questions for the enigmatic always leaning toward the mysterious, Mr. Hicks. First, are you or are you not appearing on this funky show this season? Second, when exactly is the DVD hitting the purchase airwaves? Thirdly how's that CD coming along? Like I'm going to get an answer.
http://taylorhicksblues.blogspot.com/2008/05/taylor-hicks-retires-jacket-and-shirt.html
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks Retires The Jacket and The Shirt   Taylor Hicks Retires The Jacket and The Shirt Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 2:04 pm

I liked the jacket also - still will buy one if ever I see on in my size. And it's not ALL Tay either. It's purple and velvet. I have a pillow made of the same stuff, and just love to touch the damn thing.
The paisley shirt - meh, not so hot in my eye. He did pull it off though - I give him that. Not everybody can wear that kindof thing.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks Retires The Jacket and The Shirt   Taylor Hicks Retires The Jacket and The Shirt Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 2:19 pm

I agree on all accounts! Purple is my favorite color. The shirt damn never liked Hawian shirts either. Growing up in the 70's was an over kill
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks Retires The Jacket and The Shirt   Taylor Hicks Retires The Jacket and The Shirt Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 2:22 pm

That might be why both of us aren't fond of it -nwe grew up when it was every dad-gum where!
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks Retires The Jacket and The Shirt   Taylor Hicks Retires The Jacket and The Shirt Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 11:17 pm

Here is a picture of the display.

Taylor Hicks Retires The Jacket and The Shirt AlabamaMusicHallofFame005

Taylor Hicks Retires The Jacket and The Shirt AlabamaMusicHallofFame006
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks Retires The Jacket and The Shirt   Taylor Hicks Retires The Jacket and The Shirt Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 7:43 am

Awww, how kick ass is that?
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks Retires The Jacket and The Shirt   Taylor Hicks Retires The Jacket and The Shirt Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 8:44 pm

Pretty good huh??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks Retires The Jacket and The Shirt   Taylor Hicks Retires The Jacket and The Shirt Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taylor Hicks Retires The Jacket and The Shirt
Page 1 of 1