Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8

Go down 
+2
concertcris
DreamHrt
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8 Empty
PostSubject: 'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8   'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8 Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2008 4:11 pm

Get rid of the mosh pit and those waving arms. Get rid of those stupid phone-in questions. Shorten the elimination show to half an hour. And leave the judges as is, but make sure Simon isn't cut off, ever. — Merle
http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20007164_20008532_20202209,00.html?xid=email-alert-americanidol-20080527-item2
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: 'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8   'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 8:22 am

'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8 399539 I agree with all of the above on this post but I would also let the top 12 go on the tour and restrict the voting to 100 per land line and 50 per text vote.

'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8 201170
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: 'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8   'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 1:07 pm

Totally agree with you here Jodie. Give the show back to the contestants (like Jason Castro) because it is their competition after all. Hated the idea that it was turing into a popularity contest and not a singing one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: 'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8   'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 7:14 pm

better contestants for one

Taylor Rocks and having Taylor Hicks perform and mentor the contestants
Taylor Rocks 'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8 600701

and the song either DIMYP or Somehow as the going home song

And put a limit on the voting. That will stop the power voting.

and have the ford commericals shown on all the show-nights not just on result night.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: 'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8   'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 8:40 pm

I didn't like the mosh pit thing for sure, I read that they are all college kids hired by AI to be in the mosh pit... Not cool huh? I'd like to see the end of those silly questions too, did not like them to much most of them were staged anyway, I liked when it was a contest for those that had no name as of yet, and this season they went way over board with that part. Oh well, live and learn right, hopefully they'll correct the mistakes and move on from there.
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: 'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8   'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 12:26 pm

Hmm how to improve? Follow up on your promises AI! We voted for Taylor and you ditched him!
:steam:
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: 'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8   'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 1:10 pm

AMEN JODIE :thumbs:
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: 'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8   'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 8:41 pm

DreamHrt wrote:
Hmm how to improve? Follow up on your promises AI! We voted for Taylor and you ditched him!
:steam:

'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8 399539 1000% and tell Taylor that you are 'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8 412302 for trying to bury him with your poop. And come clean to all of America and all of the world how bad you treated him.
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: 'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8   'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 8:42 pm

and never again let the producers pick the songs for the contestants
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: 'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8   'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 9:01 pm

Double AMEN Jodi
Back to top Go down
geewindu

geewindu

Male
Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: 'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8   'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 5:09 pm

mae wrote:

And put a limit on the voting. That will stop the power voting.
Actually they already have a system in place to stop the power voting. If too many votes come from 1 line than they discount all those votes.

I would keep the fact that they can play instruments as it made this year more interesting plus it helped showed us who these artists are. In the top 5, 4 of them were the only ones who played instruments. (not including Chikezie's brief horror with the Harmonica) That tells you somewhat of what America wants. They want someone that can not only sing well but is a true artist. I wish they let Tay play his harmonica.

I would get rid of Randy. Paula's there for encouragement and Simon tells what he thinks and is almost never biased. (well at least he wasn't until this year's finale). Randy is ALWAYS biased and every year always has his favorites that he constantly praise whether they do good or not.

Keep Ryan as I've seen some of the other hosts out there and he's really good compared to them but Billy Ray Cyrus is a very good host so he'd be a nice alternative. woo hoo

Have them take a wildcard to go on tour as an 11th member of the judges choosing as Amanda this year would've made the tour a lot better. She was the "performer" this season.

I would also get rid of all the themes in the first three rounds. Not good. And have them do a round where they have to sing a song they wrote. That'll help tell us who they will be once they get into the real world.

And lastly bring someone back that didn't make the top 12 and replace them with someone who did. This would've kept Sanjaya out of it. And hopefully either Syesha, Ramiele, or Chikezie. (Though maybe even Kristy who flourished after she made the top 12) Alaina and Asia'h were both really good and should've made the top 12.
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: 'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8   'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 8:58 pm

nearly 93 million votes - someone was power voting somewhere
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: 'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8   'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 11:17 am

have a judge talent night and let the judges perform!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: 'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8   'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 9:19 pm

how would improve season eight - not air it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: 'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8   'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 9:23 pm

now mae, what we talk about if there was no American Idol to talk about? Have to admitt that it's converstional purposes are great ha.. Season 7 was pretty good, but no way can they top the best of season 5
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: 'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8   'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 9:29 pm

i don't think you read my posting on sucky 7 yet
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: 'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8   'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 7:28 am

I read it mae, But how could we discuss season 8 if they don't air it? They do need to improve in some area's that I so agree.. This season was better than season 6 in my opinion, but season 6 did have Taylor on so that helped it ha..
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: 'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8   'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 12:32 pm

i like season six a lot better, atleast my favorite from the start - Chris Sligh made it to the top 10, and that is more then what i can say about season 7.
I had four favorite from the start and none even made it into the top 24. And none of the others i found worth voting for until towards the end - and she was burn.
Plus i think season 7 was riggged atleast in part because Randy give away the results on Tuesday and how did he know the results on a Tuesday. He had no way of knowing unless they rigged the show.
I think season 6 was way under-rated, and season 7 if possible was even way way way way more over-rated.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: 'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8   'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 1:07 pm

I do agree that season 7 has been overrated but that's because I have it so bad for season 5. And as far as Randy spilling the beans, He did that in season 6 as well. I remember him saying that a dark curly haired gal was going to win. and she did. Maybe he has ESP ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha 'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8 396952
Back to top Go down
geewindu

geewindu

Male

PostSubject: Re: 'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8   'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:16 pm

mae wrote:
nearly 93 million votes - someone was power voting somewhere
Actually it was 97 million. And yes no power voting is counted. This season overall was really good and a lot of people wanted a David/David finale. A lot of people liked both. I thought after Brooke left I would not vote anymore but I did for Cook in the finale not only was Cook good but I didn't care for Archie. There was a lot of people voting 'cause they wanted a rocker to win and then you have all of Sanjaya's fans voting for Archuleta. Plus the people that woulds vote anyways. I'm proud to say that during the finale of seasons 4-7 I've always voted for the one that ended up winning. :) Though I still wish Brooke would've gone farther.
Back to top Go down
geewindu

geewindu

Male

PostSubject: Re: 'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8   'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:17 pm

wietzema wrote:
I do agree that season 7 has been overrated but that's because I have it so bad for season 5. And as far as Randy spilling the beans, He did that in season 6 as well. I remember him saying that a dark curly haired gal was going to win. and she did. Maybe he has ESP ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha 'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8 396952
If that's true then Simon did it with Carrie, Randy with Jordin, and Paula with David Cook. I wonder if one of them predicted Taylor's win early. Probably not with Daughtry there.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: 'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8   'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:53 pm

I'm sure they would never have even guessed that Taylor could win over Chris, Show's the power of the people when given the right chance.
Back to top Go down
geewindu

geewindu

Male

PostSubject: Re: 'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8   'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 5:00 pm

wietzema wrote:
I'm sure they would never have even guessed that Taylor could win over Chris, Show's the power of the people when given the right chance.
Yep! :) But I don't like how they actually have been favoring the David's from the beginning. They did the same with Chris. I want them too give everyone an equal chance.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

PostSubject: Re: 'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8   'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 5:04 pm

Well that sure would be a change for them wouldn't it? Give everyone equal praise would be great. Heck even when they did make not so nice comments about the Davids, they did it in a way that spoke volumes nothing like Simon asking Taylor " Are You DrunK"
Back to top Go down
geewindu

geewindu

Male

PostSubject: Re: 'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8   'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 5:08 pm

wietzema wrote:
Well that sure would be a change for them wouldn't it? Give everyone equal praise would be great. Heck even when they did make not so nice comments about the Davids, they did it in a way that spoke volumes nothing like Simon asking Taylor " Are You DrunK"
Or Simon telling Brooke she was a hamburger without the meat and then next week a NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!! I really liked I'm A Believer, but I wish that show wasn't so rushed. It was the most rushed show this show has seen and it cost Brooke. Syesha stayed in because she was last and even I remembered her performance for a change. They put Brooke in the direct middle 3 weeks in a row. :(
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8   'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'American Idol': How YOU Would Improve It for Season 8
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reality Music shows :: American Idol-
Jump to: