Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Taylor Hicks exclusive interview – part 2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Taylor Hicks exclusive interview – part 2 Empty
PostSubject: Taylor Hicks exclusive interview – part 2   Taylor Hicks exclusive interview – part 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 11:48 pm

GULF SHORES, Ala. -- When Birmingham-native Taylor Hicks was singing his soul out on stage in 2006, fans in the Yellowhammer State were screaming out theirs in support. "It just seemed like the momentum was getting bigger and bigger," reflected Hicks. "The Soul Patrol was getting bigger and bigger. The weeks really lined up for me, Elvis week, then Rod Stewart week - some of those variables that allowed my to shine as an artist."

2006 Winner

Shine he did. Hicks claimed the 2006 title in the highest-rated season finale of American Idol to-date - with more than 36-million viewers watching. "It was a fun ride; I'd love to get back on it and do it all over again."

Hicks’ thoughts of Idol judges and host

As Hicks prepares for his role of "Teen Angel" in the Broadway production of "Grease", he reflected on some of the other stars of "American Idol."

Hicks associated the following names, with the following words:

"Simon: Mean. Randy: Cool. Paula: Fun. Seacrest: Smart.

Seacrest is the wittiest guy that I've ever run into. He's so quick, that you're nervous about what you're gonna say around him, because he's got something to say right after you. He's the Dick Clark of our generation."

Not to say Simon Cowell wasn't intimidating. "I must admit - Simon was the same person on camera and off. He has a very good track record of pop music and I respect his opinion, and I thought he was a good guy (wink and laugh)."

Does Cowell have anything other than black shirts to wear? "I tried to send him a Soul Patrol shirt but I think he tried to send it back!" exclaimed Hicks.

Something's missing this season

Hicks said he's been enjoying this season of Idol, but in his opinion - one thing's been missing from the shows. "I just want to see everybody get down on the floor and get funky like I did... but that's just me."

Look out Broadway, because Taylor Hicks is about to bring his Alabama style to the Great White Way.

Hicks' "Grease" Debut

Hicks' "Grease" debut is June 6. He said he'll add a soulful flavor to the song "Beauty School Dropout." Several other Idol artists have performed on Broadway, including season 3 winner Fantasia and season 2 runner-up Clay Aiken.
http://www.myfoxgulfcoast.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=6599853&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com

Taylor Hicks exclusive interview – part 2
Page 1 of 1