Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Idol Updates - 6/29/08

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Idol Updates - 6/29/08 Empty
PostSubject: Idol Updates - 6/29/08   Idol Updates - 6/29/08 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 9:49 am

:welcome1: Hi gang! Have a few bits of idol news to catch you up on. Hope you enjoy hearing about some of your favorite idols. Here goes:

:thumbs: Seems like Season 8 auditions are already in the works for next year. Are there any talented folks out there who want to try out? Well here's your chance at the following places:

July 17th - Cow Palace in San Francisco, California
July 21st - Freedom Hall in Louisville, Ky
July 25th - Jobing.com Arena in Phoenix, Arizona
July 29th - Energy Solutions Arena in Salt Lake City, Utah
August 2nd - Coliseo de Puerto Rico in San Juan, Puerto Rico (a first!)
August 8th - Sprint Center in Kansas City, Mo
August 13th - Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, Fl
August 19th - IZOD Center at the Meadowlands in East Rutherford, NJ

Good luck to all the aspiring contestants!

:kisses: Seems our own Ruben Studdard and his fiance Surata Zuri McCants picked up a marriage license on June 25th. Rumor is they plan to marry this very weekend but no real news on this yet. Season 2 idol winner Ruben is currently working on his 4th cd and lest us not forget how he was the going home singer on the song "Celebrate Me Home" on Season 7. Best wishes to him and his bride. We wish them much happiness!

clap A new cd is coming out on July 8th featuring some of our idols among other big name country stars. The cd is called "Country Sings Disney". This 15 song collection features classic and contemporary tracks of Disney songs. On the cd Bucky Covington (Season 5) sings "You'll Be In My Heart". Phil Stacey (Season 6) sings "Can You Feel The Love Tonight". Josh Gracin (Season 2) sings "When I See An Elephant Fly". So for all you country fans out there keep an eye out for the new cd.

Idol Updates - 6/29/08 924272 In the June 20th issue of People magazine some of our idols were featured as part of their hottest Summer Bachelors. They include David Cook, Ryan Seacrest, Jason Castro, Bucky Covington, Ace Young and Constantine Maroulis. Congrats guys! Side note: Our Taylor should have been there for sure.

Idol Updates - 6/29/08 24774 Belated Happy Birthday wishes go to our wonderful Paula Abdul who celebrated her 46th birthday on June 19th. Paula as you all know is the kinder judge of the panel on American Idol. She has indeed had a great career with over 30 million record sales, 2 #1 albums, 6 #1 singles, a Grammy Award, 7 MTV Awards, 2 Emmy Awards, 2 People's Choice Awards and 2 Kids Choice Awards. She also has a star on Hollywood Boulevard and was inducted into the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Hall of Fame. Lest us not forget the wonderful choreography she has also done for some many other artists and shows. Happy, happy birthday Paula and we wish you a wonderful year ahead! :flowerheart:

Well gang, that's a wrap on the news for now. Idol Updates - 6/29/08 13092
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Idol Updates - 6/29/08   Idol Updates - 6/29/08 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 12:38 pm

:flowerheart: It's official. Ruben and his Surata were married in Alabama on Saturday, June 28th. They married on the very day of my oldest daughter's birthday. Anyhow, wishing them lots of happiness and success in their futures. Way to go Ruben!

clap
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Idol Updates - 6/29/08   Idol Updates - 6/29/08 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 9:32 am

Idol Updates - 6/29/08 57823 Some new updates to add. First of all, seems Paris Bennett of Season 5 is pregnant and expecting a baby girl in October. The father of the child wants to be anonymous however they are engaged it seems. Congrats are in order but sure wish our Princess P had waited awhile longer before becoming a mother. She is so young (19).

:thumbs: Season 7's Kristy Lee Cook has landed a contract once again with Arista/Nashville. She will be releasing a single very soon. This label is the same one that handles Carrie Underwood. Best of luck to her.

I think that is it for now but will keep you posted if new news comes in.

Idol Updates - 6/29/08 396979
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Idol Updates - 6/29/08   Idol Updates - 6/29/08 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 9:42 am

Thanks CC, always love reading your Idol updates. I miss so much ha. I did hear that Ruben got married, I bet Mandisa is crushed, she really wanted to date him ya know.

I also heard about Paris and I'm happy for her, she seems to be a very level headed young lady for 19 and if this is what she wants, she'll be a great mom.

Did anyone hear that Fantaisa had been dropped by her label now as well, wow what are these lables doing, cleaning house or cutting the budget or what. So many in such a short time.
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Idol Updates - 6/29/08   Idol Updates - 6/29/08 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 9:47 am

wietzema wrote:
Thanks CC, always love reading your Idol updates. I miss so much ha. I did hear that Ruben got married, I bet Mandisa is crushed, she really wanted to date him ya know.

I also heard about Paris and I'm happy for her, she seems to be a very level headed young lady for 19 and if this is what she wants, she'll be a great mom.

Did anyone hear that Fantaisa had been dropped by her label now as well, wow what are these lables doing, cleaning house or cutting the budget or what. So many in such a short time.

Frankly my dear, I haven't heard that Fantasia was dropped. Where did you get this news? If this is true, wow! Seems like in today's market it is better to go independent I think. Thanks for the news.

P.S. Hope you are feeling better! Idol Updates - 6/29/08 322546
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: Idol Updates - 6/29/08   Idol Updates - 6/29/08 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 10:10 am

Thanks CC, I feel better today than I have in a week, must be going to live after all huh?

I got a google alert saying that Fantaisa had been dropped, I was kind of shocked and will see if by some chance I still have it, It was the first I'd heard of it as well and was surprised, but if they can drop Taylor, Ruben, Kat, Blake, and others it's not totally unexpected. If I have it yet(the alert) I'll post it here ok..

I still think BO had the right idea by starting his own label..
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Idol Updates - 6/29/08   Idol Updates - 6/29/08 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 9:42 pm

In the June 20th issue of People magazine some of our idols were featured as part of their hottest Summer Bachelors. They include David Cook, Ryan Seacrest, Jason Castro, Bucky Covington, Ace Young and Constantine Maroulis. Congrats guys! Side note: Our Taylor should have been there for sure.

I didn't know Taylor got married.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Idol Updates - 6/29/08   Idol Updates - 6/29/08 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 9:51 am

Huh? Bachelors means unwed, darlin'. Reuben got married.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: Idol Updates - 6/29/08   Idol Updates - 6/29/08 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 11:08 am

Taylor isn't on the list. And he hotter then anyone that is.
I didn't know Taylor got married.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Idol Updates - 6/29/08   Idol Updates - 6/29/08 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 12:54 pm

Again, I'm assuming that is a matter of opinion. And while I share your opinion, I am not the rest of the world. Besides, kind of like enjoying Taylor under the radar so to speak.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: Idol Updates - 6/29/08   Idol Updates - 6/29/08 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 11:13 am

just a fact
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Idol Updates - 6/29/08   Idol Updates - 6/29/08 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 12:49 pm

concertcris wrote:
:welcome1: Hi gang! Have a few bits of idol news to catch you up on. Hope you enjoy hearing about some of your favorite idols. Here goes:

:thumbs: Seems like Season 8 auditions are already in the works for next year. Are there any talented folks out there who want to try out? Well here's your chance at the following places:

July 17th - Cow Palace in San Francisco, California
July 21st - Freedom Hall in Louisville, Ky
July 25th - Jobing.com Arena in Phoenix, Arizona
July 29th - Energy Solutions Arena in Salt Lake City, Utah
August 2nd - Coliseo de Puerto Rico in San Juan, Puerto Rico (a first!)
August 8th - Sprint Center in Kansas City, Mo
August 13th - Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, Fl
August 19th - IZOD Center at the Meadowlands in East Rutherford, NJ

Good luck to all the aspiring contestants!

:kisses: Seems our own Ruben Studdard and his fiance Surata Zuri McCants picked up a marriage license on June 25th. Rumor is they plan to marry this very weekend but no real news on this yet. Season 2 idol winner Ruben is currently working on his 4th cd and lest us not forget how he was the going home singer on the song "Celebrate Me Home" on Season 7. Best wishes to him and his bride. We wish them much happiness!

clap A new cd is coming out on July 8th featuring some of our idols among other big name country stars. The cd is called "Country Sings Disney". This 15 song collection features classic and contemporary tracks of Disney songs. On the cd Bucky Covington (Season 5) sings "You'll Be In My Heart". Phil Stacey (Season 6) sings "Can You Feel The Love Tonight". Josh Gracin (Season 2) sings "When I See An Elephant Fly". So for all you country fans out there keep an eye out for the new cd.

Idol Updates - 6/29/08 924272 In the June 20th issue of People magazine some of our idols were featured as part of their hottest Summer Bachelors. They include David Cook, Ryan Seacrest, Jason Castro, Bucky Covington, Ace Young and Constantine Maroulis. Congrats guys! Side note: Our Taylor should have been there for sure.

Idol Updates - 6/29/08 24774 Belated Happy Birthday wishes go to our wonderful Paula Abdul who celebrated her 46th birthday on June 19th. Paula as you all know is the kinder judge of the panel on American Idol. She has indeed had a great career with over 30 million record sales, 2 #1 albums, 6 #1 singles, a Grammy Award, 7 MTV Awards, 2 Emmy Awards, 2 People's Choice Awards and 2 Kids Choice Awards. She also has a star on Hollywood Boulevard and was inducted into the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Hall of Fame. Lest us not forget the wonderful choreography she has also done for some many other artists and shows. Happy, happy birthday Paula and we wish you a wonderful year ahead! :flowerheart:

Well gang, that's a wrap on the news for now. Idol Updates - 6/29/08 13092

Taylor definately should have been on the Summers Hottest Bachelors list. Congrads to Rueben on his marriage. I saw a picture of him and his bride posted on YouTube. Honestly, he didn't look very happy. (probably because of media coverage, who knows!) Can't believe Paula is 46. She's so pretty. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MS. ABDUL!

Idol Updates - 6/29/08 527840 Thanks for the updates, CC. Sure miss them. You'll have to let me know about So You Think You Can Dance or America's Got Talent if your watching those shows. My work schedual hasn't allowed me to watch anything at night. 😕
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

PostSubject: Re: Idol Updates - 6/29/08   Idol Updates - 6/29/08 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 9:27 pm

you should record America Gots Talent it going to be an excellent season!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Idol Updates - 6/29/08   Idol Updates - 6/29/08 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 12:18 am

Thanks mae, I'll give it a try. Don't know if my recorder is still working (haven't used it in forever) or not but I'll give it a shot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idol Updates - 6/29/08   Idol Updates - 6/29/08 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Idol Updates - 6/29/08
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reality Music shows :: American Idol-
Jump to: