Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

themes for season eight

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

themes for season eight Empty
PostSubject: themes for season eight   themes for season eight Icon_minitimeWed Oct 08, 2008 9:20 pm

What themes would you like to see for season 8???

here is some of my choices

Modern Whomp
Judea/Christian
before they were contestants - have the season 8 contestants sings songs from the former contestants that they record before they were contestants
Rockabilly Hall of Fame
Original Song Night - the contestants sing songs they write themselves
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: themes for season eight   themes for season eight Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 7:16 am

🆒 Good choices mae. Of past themes I liked the songs of the 50's and when they had songs from Bon Jovi the most. My themes would include those but would like to add the following:

Songs of the 80's

INXS music

Motown would be okay but not their usual songs they sing from that era, maybe they could pick a particular artist like Smokey Robinson or Marvin Gaye

Country night would be okay if they picked music from people like Willie Nelson, Johnny Cash, Tammy Wynette, Conway Twitty or Loretta Lynn, etc. I like the old country music, can you tell?

On season 5 finale they had the group sing songs from Burt Bacharach which would be another theme they could do

I doubt they could sing an original song as many of these contestants do not write their own music so instead I would like them to sing a song from their favorite artist

How about the music of Linda Ronstadt, Cher, Madonna or Cyndi Lauper. Each of these women do have songs that would fit a guy or a girl

The music of Barry Manilow who has had tons of hits. Tom Jones or Van Morrison is another consideration

:) I could go on and on about different artists. I just hope they do something different this time as I have kind of tired of the usual stuff our contestants have to choose from.

themes for season eight 13092
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: themes for season eight   themes for season eight Icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2008 1:10 pm

I liked the 50's song choices and oh heck there were not to many that I didn't like, not being a country music listener I didn't care a lot for the Country music but that's just me. I agree that I don't think they'd do an orginal song theme, I guess for me that would put the judges at a distanvantage and not be able to "stike it to the idols" because they woudln't know how it was suppose to sound ha.. Otherwise I'm ok with most themes as long as they dont' do the Beatles 2 weeks in a row ha ha..
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: themes for season eight   themes for season eight Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 8:00 pm

I doubt the would consider songs from one faith over any other. Too many would be offended, I feel.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: themes for season eight   themes for season eight Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 9:06 pm

oh well
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: themes for season eight   themes for season eight Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

themes for season eight
Page 1 of 1