Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Idol’ winner Hicks gets slick with ‘Grease’

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Idol’ winner Hicks gets slick with ‘Grease’ Empty
PostSubject: Idol’ winner Hicks gets slick with ‘Grease’   Idol’ winner Hicks gets slick with ‘Grease’ Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 7:04 pm

Singer takes on role of Teen Angel
By Jon Bream
McCLATCHY NEWSPAPERS
Story tools:
Larger
Smaller
Save
Print
Email
Share this story:
Buzz up!
Winning “American Idol” doesn’t guarantee a successful recording career. Taylor Hicks, the 2006 champ, can’t come close to matching the CD sales of either Chris Daughtry or Kellie Pickler, whom TV viewers rejected that season. But the “Idol” title does open doors, and Hicks is proving to be a careerist.

After parting company with J Records, he took a role in “Grease” on Broadway in June. This month, he began a six-month road tour as Teen Angel in “Grease.” During the tour, he will play an occasional club to promote his forthcoming album, “The Distance,” due in March on his own label, Modern Whomp. He is previewing his new, untitled single during “Grease” as sort of a curtain-call encore.

Why are you performing on only the last two dates of the Minneapolis engagement of “Grease”?

I’m gearing up for my new record. I previously booked stuff [some gigs] and the mixing of the record.

How have you Taylormade the part of Teen Angel?

I took the song and made it fit my style more, with the arranging of some horn parts and also adding harmonica. The costume has a Taylor flair to it, to say the least.

What does your famous hair look like in “Grease”?

Let’s just say it’s definitely a 1950s look.

Tell me about your new album.

I’m really excited about it. There are some really great story songs on the record. I cowrote most of the material. Doyle Bramhall plays guitar, Nathan East plays bass, Abe Laboriel Jr. plays drums. My producer is Simon Climie; he’s done a lot of Eric Clapton and J. J. Cale records. I wanted somebody who could help me create a timeless record. The album is a great representation of who I am as an artist right now, and that’s all I can ask for.

Are you happy with your career path since “Idol”?

I couldn’t be happier. For me, this is a marathon, not a sprint. The longevity aspect to me is the most important. Doing Broadway theater and looking at movie roles and writing music and putting out CDs — you have to be well-rounded if you want longevity in a career.

http://www.buffalonews.com/entertainment/story/537668.html
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Idol’ winner Hicks gets slick with ‘Grease’   Idol’ winner Hicks gets slick with ‘Grease’ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 12:10 pm

I was not crazy about that sentence involving Daughtry and Pickler and I could really say alot but will keep my mouth lips . Just one note however on this, it would be nice if just once whoever is reporting would mention that Taylor did not get any real promotion for his musical career after winning the title.

Taylor Rocks Anyhoo, glad to know our guy is happy and hopefully the soul patrol will be in his corner on the next release of this very talented guy!
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Idol’ winner Hicks gets slick with ‘Grease’   Idol’ winner Hicks gets slick with ‘Grease’ Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 1:02 pm

I'm glad to read Taylor is happy too. It's nice to know that his career choices are helping him grow as an entertainer. Become more well-rounded. I wish him all the best.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idol’ winner Hicks gets slick with ‘Grease’   Idol’ winner Hicks gets slick with ‘Grease’ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Idol’ winner Hicks gets slick with ‘Grease’
Page 1 of 1