Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Our Chicago Adventure

Go down 
+7
Angie
tygrlllie
Mickeyl
Snowbaby
TaysLadybug
wietzema
DreamHrt
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Our Chicago Adventure Empty
PostSubject: Our Chicago Adventure   Our Chicago Adventure Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 1:09 pm

I am putting this topic up so that we can all shade our adventure stories. I will be posting mine on the blog once I get some good pictures.
This is the only one I had of me and Tay that I could even try to fix. Still looks like crap but at least u can see us.
Our Chicago Adventure Chicago2
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Our Chicago Adventure   Our Chicago Adventure Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 2:54 pm

Looks great to me Jodi, I just bet you had a miserable time didn't you?? :)
Back to top Go down
TaysLadybug
Administrator
TaysLadybug

Female
Number of posts : 766
Location : Arkansas/Or where ever Taylor is im gettin closer lol
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Our Chicago Adventure   Our Chicago Adventure Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 3:04 pm

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

OMG So much happened I can't even describe it. First Connie & Tyg went to OH to get jodie there was much fun there {NOT lol} they didn't get to the hotel till around 12pm Wed they got caught in a snow storm so they crashed at Debs Best friends then I called Connie at 4am & was like where are you all she was barely awake lol. She told me they got caught in a snow storm so they wanted to sleep I thought they got Jodie & the storm hit & they decided to stay in a Hotel somewhere,then when they got to our hotel then they told us they were at Debs best friends LOL.

As for Me, Sharri {Connie's DIL} Renee,Lindsay & Caitlyn we made it to Chicago fine no problems other than a little sleet we got a lil lost or misplaced as Sharri calls it LOL we got to our hotel bout 7 and they charge you out the wazoo for parking at the hotel put it this way all total it cost about 200.00 for JUST the parking alone everywhere we parked & we had 2 cars cause Connie used hers to get Jodie. We took the vzasn to Grease & poor Caitlyn & Lindsay sat in the very back of the Van lol. Thues about 10 Sharri & Renee wentto get Denise at the Airport I was asleep by the time they got back which was about 1am cause they got Misplaced again. So we all wake up & are talking Sharri wanted to go to this nice a aquarium {we never made it we didn't even make it to Bears stadium oh well maybe next time}. Connie & Tyg & Jodie finally show around noon & me Sharri Renee & Connie went to Buddy Guy's I had some really good ribs & bbq chicken w fries & Cole slaw I had to take some of it to the room LOLConnie & Renee got hamburgers & Sharri got the Buddy's Bucket {this is an appetizer which I
think feeds at lease 4} it has fries Fried okra catfish shrimp & Crawfish That is good I think it had more but I forgot what LOL.So we leave go back to the hotel & by the time we got back we had enough time for those of us that hadn't to shower & get ready for the show we left about 645 show started at 7:30 & we made it in just enough time to buy merch & sit down therre was some thing going with the M&G I guess & they told us to just use our tickets as the M&G tickets. The show was great I sang to songs I knew.It was AWWWWWWWWWWWWWESOME when Taylor came out when the cone dropped {FYI} he didn't just step off the platform when it was in place on the floor he backed out wiggling his nice butt. He did his thing got back on the platform & it rose he played his harp I died LOL then when it was over the stage went black & the part the cone was on went in the back ground I
screamed WE LOVE YOU TAYLOR {later at the M&G I asked him if he heard that yelled out he said yes & I told him it was me LOL he probably thinks I'm crazy lol}. Tyg was all upset thru the show cause she was so scared of meeting him thinking he'll forget her when we went in to M&G room which was small & DIMLY lit I told her the minute he walks in you'll forget all of it & that's what happened. He walked in Jodie introduced herself nthen I told Taylor come here I want you to meet someone He was like whoa & stood back like I was gunna attack him or something I had Tyg stand up & I told him Taylor this is Chiana AKA Tygrlillie Brian & Jeff may have talked about
her then he relaxed LOL. Poor guy he has all of us talking to him at one time {thank got there were only 9 of us LOL} we got I think 5 group shots 1 from My cam connies,Denise's Sharris & I think Renee had one too me & Jodie got cell pics with him too hee hee So me & her were in at least 5 pix with him lol.

As for coming home OMG we meaning me Sharri Renee Caitlyn & Lindsay {BTW Lindsay is Connies Daughter} made it to Connie's by oh 630 or so while Connie Denise Tyg & Jodie went to take Jodie back to Debs best friends ONCE AGAIN THEY HIT BAD WEATHER didn't get jodie home till 4 am I think. I called Denise at 9:15 & they were in FT Wayne Indiana getting McDonalds. There was a lot of bad weather & slick roads there & they have to drive slow. They didnt get back to connies it'll bet 6:30 & 7 PM on Friday & as soon as they gpt back connie had to find Denise a flight outta Cedar Rapids Sat AM so she could connect with her 9:30 flight back to Tuson she made it back. I was supposed to go back to my stepdad's Sat but with the snow & Connies Parkinsons acted up really bad & she was in nooooo shape to drive anywhere so she & Tyg took me back Yesterday/Sunday early in the morning Mouses is on the way to the Moline Airport come to find out Tyg missed that flight UUUUUUG didnt get another till 3pm then missed the connecting flight back in chicago but she finally made it back to TN by about 12AM. Im gunna leave my story there & let her tell you what happened after that

As for Connie,Denise,Jodie & Tyggy recap their adventure in the Vortex of Cheese country WI LOL

BTW Taylor did a new version to The Fall Tuiesday Jan 6 on WGN & at www.wgn.com you can find it go to the vids & type in his name its only like 30 seconsd but Tyg says its a revamped version on the new CD

Now on with the pics AHHHHHHHHH

Me & Taylor with my Digital cam
Our Chicago Adventure FINALLYApicofmesmilingwithmyguyTayl

My Cell phone pic
Our Chicago Adventure MyCellpicwithTaylor

All 9 of us with Taylor
1st row left to right Caitlin & Lindsay {Lindsay is connie/Browneyes daughter Caitlin is her Best

friend} 2nd row Renee/NayNay Jodie/Dreamhrt, Sharri {Connies DIL} Connie/Browneyes
Back row Denise/Denib Some HOT A$$ gray haired guy i think his name is Taylor Hicks or

somethign {LMAO} Me/Penney/Taysladybug, & Chiana/Tygrlillie
{Denise Im sorry we didn't get to spend much time together maybe the taylor gods will make ot

possible again 1 day Im glad to know you}
Our Chicago Adventure All9ofuswTaylor1-7-09

Tyg & Tay I couldnt wait for this meeting to happen she was so worried about meeting him ill leave it at that & i told her we would all be there 4 her the minute he walked in the room all the fear in
her face vanished. Tyggy so much has happened to you that hasnt been good Im just glad we have friends like Connie to help you with these kinds of trips so ypu can get away from all that. Im glad I
was able to be with you as much as I was Im thrilled to have you as My Friend its an Honor & privelage to know you & be your friend.I love you
Our Chicago Adventure TyggynTay

Jodi & Tay her first ever meeting with him she seemed comfy meeting him & she lit up the room when she tole him her dreamhrt name & he had heard of her she was beaming all night. I whished I
could have spent more time with you honey I love you it's an honor to b your friend.
Our Chicago Adventure JodienTay

Connie/Browneyes & Tay
Connie what Can I say to you i have already? No much lol. You are a wondeful person & you inspire me to wanna go on If you can do it I can right? It's not ease for either of us at times But we had a good time this trip. I love you my friend
Our Chicago Adventure ConnienTay

The ever popular Grease Sign
Our Chicago Adventure Greasesign

Me & the sign
Our Chicago Adventure Meinfrontofthegreasesignatthetheatr

Jodie & the sign 1,2,&3
Our Chicago Adventure Jodieinfrontofthegreasesign
Our Chicago Adventure Jodieinfrontofthegreasesign2
Our Chicago Adventure Jodieinfrontofthegreasesign3

Buddy Guys Stage & the Menu
Our Chicago Adventure BuddyGuysStageTaylorPlayedthereduri
Our Chicago Adventure BuddyGuysMenu

I think this is a canal lol
Our Chicago Adventure DSC00006

Lake Michigan
Our Chicago Adventure LakeMichigan

These last pics are the views from the room Jodie Tyg & I shared
Our Chicago Adventure Viewfromourroom1605meJodietyghadtha
Our Chicago Adventure Viewfromourroom1605meJodietyghad-1
Our Chicago Adventure Viewfromourroom1605meJodietyghad-2
Our Chicago Adventure Viewfromourroom1605meJodietyghad-3

That's it from my end of the pic spectrum I cant wait to get my right Mouse button on all the pics I don't have yet lol Love you all & i had a great time
For You Taylor id do it all again I doubt my mom will let me LOL
Im off for a nap ttys i got up early & walke the treadmill for the first time in several weeks and then i weent to get lunch 4 me & mom then did this recap now im boiut to pass out.

For those of you that are members at teh HQ Leggies & The Boogie Board i will post this exact recap pics & All in those forums later tonight
ttys
Penney
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: Our Chicago Adventure   Our Chicago Adventure Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 3:14 pm

GREAT RECAP thanks so much for posting loved reading it and the Pictures are great. Thanks so much..
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Our Chicago Adventure   Our Chicago Adventure Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 3:39 pm

oF COURSE i SNAGGED YOUR PICTURES :)
Back to top Go down
Snowbaby

Snowbaby

Female
Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Our Chicago Adventure   Our Chicago Adventure Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 6:59 pm

Great Pic's!!!!
Love the recap!
I'm so glad you all had an amazing time...makes my heart smile to see you all so happy!
Back to top Go down
Mickeyl
Super Mod
Super Mod
Mickeyl

Female
Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2007-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Our Chicago Adventure   Our Chicago Adventure Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 3:02 am

I'm so happy you all got to see Tay Tay!! Great pics! Our Chicago Adventure 316708
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Our Chicago Adventure   Our Chicago Adventure Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 11:56 am

First off - V!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad to see you here - I missed you.
I am going through school drama at the moment, but yes - this was assuredly an adventure. And nope, I was still terrified. I still am even now. Poor guy, he doesn't quite get that it wouldn't matter who he was, I am just so over being forgotten by everybody and am so scared that I will be sooner or later. I will write more in a little and Pens, your pictures came out lovely, honey. Talk to you all again when my computer decides to let me play at home - I'm at school at the moment.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Our Chicago Adventure   Our Chicago Adventure Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:33 pm

Tyggggggggggyyyyyyyyyyy!! I was wondering when you would check in! (tapping foot) Glad you made it home safe and all is well. I am waiting for more pictures for my re cap.. :) (HINT)
Back to top Go down
Angie
Administrator
Angie

Female
Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2007-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Our Chicago Adventure   Our Chicago Adventure Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:21 pm

Hi guys!! Great recap and It looks like you had a blast!!

Hope you didn't freak out Taylor too much LMAO

Oh...Taylor looks so good!! :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.Idol-Unofficial.com
Snowbaby

Snowbaby

Female
Number of posts : 228
Registration date : 2009-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Our Chicago Adventure   Our Chicago Adventure Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 2:49 pm

tygrlllie wrote:
First off - V!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad to see you here - I missed you.
I am going through school drama at the moment, but yes - this was assuredly an adventure. And nope, I was still terrified. I still am even now. Poor guy, he doesn't quite get that it wouldn't matter who he was, I am just so over being forgotten by everybody and am so scared that I will be sooner or later. I will write more in a little and Pens, your pictures came out lovely, honey. Talk to you all again when my computer decides to let me play at home - I'm at school at the moment.
~tyg

I know honey, I missed you to...so I figured I would come and find you..big squishy hugs!!!!
I am new here, but I recognize some of the names. I'm just glad to be with the gurls I love. Missed talking to you guys. So I thought I would come and play if you let me.

luv ya,
V
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Our Chicago Adventure   Our Chicago Adventure Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 4:03 pm

hello Of course you can hang out here! Were all happy to have you. I am sure you know most of the regulars here. If not.. I am sure you will have fun getting to know them. Were a great bunch! Welcome aboard TRD SnowBaby!!!

Our Chicago Adventure 584949 <----- Meet Chiclet our Happy Dancer!
Back to top Go down
TaysLadybug
Administrator
TaysLadybug

Female

PostSubject: Re: Our Chicago Adventure   Our Chicago Adventure Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 5:21 pm

wietzema wrote:
GREAT RECAP thanks so much for posting loved reading it and the Pictures are great. Thanks so much..

Ty maam yw
Back to top Go down
TaysLadybug
Administrator
TaysLadybug

Female

PostSubject: Re: Our Chicago Adventure   Our Chicago Adventure Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 5:22 pm

DreamHrt wrote:
oF COURSE i SNAGGED YOUR PICTURES :)

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM DUUUUUUUH LOL :) Our Chicago Adventure 772116
Back to top Go down
TaysLadybug
Administrator
TaysLadybug

Female

PostSubject: Re: Our Chicago Adventure   Our Chicago Adventure Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 5:53 pm

Snowbaby wrote:
Great Pic's!!!!
Love the recap!
I'm so glad you all had an amazing time...makes my heart smile to see you all so happy!

Hee hee ty it was great. I may not be back till tomorrow we got Biggest loser & L&O SVU & im taping American Idol & without a trace buts we have some shows to catch up on from last week & im really tired been runnag around all day Our Chicago Adventure 555837 nit enough hrs in the day IUll get to all your replies soon LOL ttys
MEEEEEEEE
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Our Chicago Adventure   Our Chicago Adventure Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2009 10:24 am

:) Looks like this was indeed a mad-cap adventure. Glad you all had fun. Thanks for the pictures and I am green with envy over all those hugs.

Taylor Rocks
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Our Chicago Adventure   Our Chicago Adventure Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 3:12 pm

How to begin my part of this tale. It’s not as easy as you might think. There are others who have already re-capped our adventure, and I truly don’t think I can add much to what went on. Penney was quite thorough, lol. I can say that I wouldn’t have traded the people I went with for the world – every one of them has managed to enrich my life prior and during this trip. I live in hope that that will continue well into my future.
So, I left for Nashville International really early in the morning, and the flights to Chicago and then Moline, Illinois were fairly uneventful, if a bit of a culture shock. It was bitterly cold in the Midwest. Beautiful though. I was able to see the Vikings field from the air, which was probably one of the neatest sights I’ve even witnessed. Who knew you would be able to read that so clear from the air? Chicago was really interesting also. In the Nashville Airport, they played a lot of country music. In Chicago, it was the blues….and I love the blues. So, for several hours, I really was able to sit back and relax with some fantastic tunes keeping me company. I got to see the El Train – it comes directly to the airport, and man – that’s got to make commuting easier. I was really looking forward to exploring the Windy City the next day.
After enjoying my extensive layover, I “puddle-jumped” 20 minutes into Moline. Moline was a rather small airport, and I had no idea what to expect musically. Moline isn’t exactly a hotbed of music. To my relief and enjoyment, they played 1950’s tunes! Being musically deprived during that 20 minutes, it was a nice change from Chi-Town. I settled in to await my friends, who would be coming to collect me before long.
Almost right after I was collected, we skipped over to the mall to find something truly fabulous for Connie to wear (which we successfully did – that dress was absolutely beautiful on her. ) and a coat that she could feel comfortable with. That wasn’t quite the success we’d hoped, but there was still time. It was time for us to go pick up Linds at the airport.
Once we collected Linds, we took off on our next mission – one nearest and dearest to my heart at that point. Food. I was starved. I was also, unfortunately, not very well off financially. I did, however, get to eat, because of the kindness of my friends. It was Steak-and-Shake and it was really yummy.
We spent the night comfortably in Iowa at Connie’s house, where there was snow – the first I’d seen this year – and set off in mid-afternoon for a split drive, half to Chicago to check in, half to Ohio to collect Jodie at her friend JoMarie’s house. As you might expect the weather held us up a bit, but I think it was a good thing for Jodie – she was able to spend time with her friend before we got there, rag-worn and exhausted, really late at night. We were expected back that night, but there was no way either of us could head right out. JoMare was gracious enough to put us up for a few hours to regain some of our faculties, even going so far as to give up her bed for us both. We headed out around 5 am.
The night before, Denise made it safely to O’Hare, where Connie’s daughter – in – law and Renee went to collect her. That, thankfully, was less of a headache than I expected, as I had hoped to be there when she arrived, but the snow messed our schedule up something fierce.
The day of the show dawned bright and clear and I confess – I was really getting scared. Again, half took off for Buddy Guy’s bar for lunch, as the rest of us stayed behind for pizza that should have been made of gold considering the cost but was absolutely amazing tasting and we left for the show. Before leaving though, Jodie, denise, and I had a short encounter with a man who offerd to shine our shoes…problem was, two of us wore sneakers and one wore somewhat dress shoes made of cloth. Uh, yeah – okay….
part 2 next....
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Our Chicago Adventure   Our Chicago Adventure Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 3:12 pm

Half of me was hoping that Taylor’s understudy would have been there, and that’s the truth. I was very frightened at this point, barely able to hold body and soul together, but I got completely engrossed I the play before me. It really was wonderful. The play was a perfect meld of the Broadway show version of the ‘70’s and the ever popular film starring John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John. I just loved every minute of it. When Taylor came out, I was stunned at the beauty of his suit – pictures can’t touch how luminous that suit was and I was half-terrified again, wanting to take off like a bat out of hell. I didn’t, though. I have to credit my DeDe and Penney for that or I feel pretty sure I would have. In all, he was gorgeous. Really gorgeous. Not that any of you don’t already know that.
After the show was the moment of truth – meet and greet time. I got to the lobby, breathing hard. Oh God, I didn’t want to do this! I psyched myself up, arguing myself with step after leaden step, labourously dragging myself back with my friends. Thank God for them, or I definitely would have ran. As it was, my heart was tripping fast enough that I was sure you could feel it – like a living breathing thing in the room with me.
Taylor came in not long after that, looking amazing as usual. We were all stunned for a second until Jodie – bless her – broke the ice and introduced herself. After that, Penney made a point to introduce me and embarrass the hell out of me by telling Tay that not only was I frightened of him, but I was totally frightened that he would forget me! Great start, huh? After musing why I might possibly be afraid of him, he simply looked at me and said “Well then, you’ll just have to do something to make me remember you.” My eyes widened and I gulped. “I guess you asked for this. Okay, Taylor, this is my daughter – Kerith…” I handed him a card with her picture and proceeded to tell him the story of how she wants to learn piano, and wants Brian Less (she calls him Mr. Brian, lol) to teach her. She figures the only way for that to happen is for Tay to marry me. So, I flatly said “So, what do you say? Marry me?” His eyes bugged out of his head, and thankfully, the others and I were able to bring him around to knowing this wasn’t a serious proposal. His reply was “Of course…not.” And we all chuckled. “Well then, barring that, would you be so kind as to sign a program for her?” He was gracious and agreed, even commenting on how pretty her name was and offering to get a hold of Brian and have him call her. I thanked him, but said it wasn’t needful, and stepped back.
Most of the rest of it has already been said, and better, by my friends, and honestly I can recall little. I started to tell him some of Kerith’s “Ovadae” tale, but he had to take off. He said he’ll look forward to hearing it next time. Jodie tells me that he said something to the effect of he won’t forget me, and that does my heart good.
Some of our little group got some quality time, others didn’t as much. I feel rotten about that, because there were a lot of us in one place and it was a very small area – poor Taylor must have been frightened by some of us. I hope he was able to take us all in stride, however.
As for pictures, I again rely on my friends, who own cameras. I do not, and even had I, I feel sure I would have been all thumbs. As soon as Tay left, I made book outside to let the cool air calm me down some, and we soon returned to the hotel for some sleep.
Jodie decided she needed a candy bar, and off I went down the block to acquire one for her at 7-11, a convienience store famous for Slurpees, one of which I promised myself before we left the area. I miss the hell out of those things and we don’t have them in Tennessee. So, I drooled over the snowglobes for a bit and returned with Jodie’s treat. We all nestled down into bed and promptly dropped off.
The next morning, I – typically- woke early and popped downstairs in the business office to just absent-mindedly play for a bit. I was still out of it. As I told Ester, I was gobsmacked. I think my brain was still processing the night before. After emailing Ester quickly, I went back up to my room to take a nice shower (the water pressure in the shower was amazing and really worked the kinks out of my back) and dressed, and packed up. Still, my roommates – Penney and Jodie - dozed. So, I went back down for a smoke and read a little in my book, and took in the air. I love a big city. I love to explore them, find all the fun places to visit in them. It’s my hope to return to Chicago, hopefully when it’s a bit warmer, and just explore all the interesting things that I missed this trip, but refamiliarize myself with that which I had already become acquainted with. It will be a lovely trip, every bit as exciting as this was. I definitely had a wonderful time and Taylor or no Taylor, I have been so incredibly blessed with the people I have met because of his sweet voice. I hope they all know how much they have enriched my life, and I hope someday, I can spoil them all even half what they deserve.
At this point, loaded up and ready to go, I was driving. Now, I mentioned that I love big cities, and I do, but…I hate driving in them. I’d just as soon take public transport than try and figure out the snarl that is big city driving. Unfortunately, my flaw became glaringly obvious when I tried to follow Shari out of the city of Chicago. I am not comfortable with bumper to bumper driving even at the best of times, preferring a car length of separation. This is my comfort zone. In the city, however, this is an excuse for others to jump in between me and my goal of keeping up with the person trying to lead me out. Not good. Predictably, we got lost, and – frustrated with attempting to locate the others – we eventually just found our own ways back to where we were headed. I sincerely hope Shari can forgive this of me. It did eat up a lot of time, and energy from all of us.
Anyway, we finally headed out – Connie, Jodie, Denise and myself – to deposit Jodie back in Ohio, myself with the indulgence of a cold Slurpee. Yes, I am crazy like that. Moving on. We had some good music playing, and good conversation had us all upbeat and positive as we travelled. It was nice, being with my friends. Definitely not something I take lightly. We stopped for lunch at one of the truck stops where they actually had pretty good Chinese food and the snow was pretty as we drove and the shadows of night crept in.
Long about 6 or 7 that evening, with Connie now firmly ensconced in the back, and Denise by my side playing navigatrix and Jodie spouting off great jokes in that gorgeous voice of hers, Connie opted to treat us all to an Arby’s root beer float, which – might I add – is sin in a throw away cup. Just sayin’. Unfortunately, however, Connie’s mind was on autopilot or I didn’t hear what she said because mine was, and we went to that dreaded “left turn at Albuquerque “ Bugs Bunny made famous in those old Looney Tune cartoons down the wrong way on Highway 80. I think 80’s evil twin is HWY 55 myself, but I digress….
So, three hours later, as we tool down the road, oblivious to our misdirection, we pull off to go to the bathroom at a gas ‘em up and go. Jodie and Denise tripped into the bathroom, with me bringing up the rear. Connie stayed behind. As I came in, I noticed a sign advertizing real Wisconsin cheese was sold within. ‘How very odd.’ I thought to myself. ‘Why would they be selling Wisconsin cheese in Indiana?’
After quickly using the facilities and washing my hands, I found myself drawn to the rack of postcards. I’ve never been more glad of an obsession in my life, because instead of the Indiana cards I expected to see, the rack was chock full of Wisconsin ones. I picked two, paled, and approached the counter. “Um, where are we?” I asked the clerk. “Just outside Madison, Wisconsin.” My eyed bugged. “You’re kidding?’ I said, swallowing convulsively. “Nope, maybe 20 miles thataway.” Was all I heard. A buzzing entered my head, trying to assimilate this information. “Where y’all headed?” “Uh, Ohio.” I confessed. He blinked. “Ohio? Baby, you are hell and gone from Ohio.” Um, yeah – I figured that one out myself. I walked into the ladis room, where Denise and Jodie were talking as they dried their hands, pal as a ghost. “What happened? You okay?” one of them – still not sure which, said. I nodded slowly. “Um, yes, I guess I’m okay. I don’t, however quite know how to tell you guys this, but…” I handed them both my postcards. “Holy hell, Wisconsin?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?” We left the bathroom and Jodie went up to the clerk, and the trucker I had spoken with before. “So, how the heck do we get back?” she asked.
While they discussed out a travel plan, I had Denise join me in telling Connie. I, frankly, was far too faint-hearted to do it on my own. “Connie, I need to tell you something….” She paled. “Oh, God – nobody’s dead or anything, are they?” “No, no – nothing like that, thank God. But, um, we’re in Wisconsin.” “Wisconsin? I don’t remember passing one of those big signs anywhere that said ‘Welcome to Wisconsin.’” She had a point – I hadn’t seen one of those either, and neither had Denise. Fortunately, my merry band of travelers have such good hearts as we crawled back in, armed with simpler directions, and set off again.
Another 4 hours back to Chicago, and 5 from there into Ohio and we finally had Jodie back with those who love her best. It was the middle of the night by this point and though merry we may be, punch drunk might well have been the better term. I returned to HWY 80 and began the slow, torturous and now potentially treacherous ride back through Indiana to Illinois and on to Iowa. We were all determined that this time, we would see actual bed before we collapsed totally. Minor collapses were to be expected, however. Connie, bless her, stretched out and promptly fell asleep, admonishing me to not deviate from the highway. I didn’t, and yet somehow – again, don’t ask me how – we wound up in a little town where the highway ran slap out. Still don’t get that. I swear to you, I did NOT change roads or anything. We did, however, find a Brazilian Steakhouse and a candy factory a bit down the road we decided we’d go visit some millennia down the line…
Long about oh, 7 that evening, we finally trudged, dragging each others tushies, into Connie’s snowy home, with Denise needing to be back in Chicago the next morning, really early, for her flight back home. Connie, my poor little love, was beyond exhausted, and I know Denise and I weren’t terribly far behind. So, we concocted a plan to get Denise to Cedar Rapids Airport and fly her to Chicago in time for her flight, took off to our respective sleeping spaces (thank you to the bottoms of my aching toes, Linds), and died until 5 AM after some delicious food, and watching Mamma Mia (yay! I’d been wanting to see that.) The next morning was super snowy, making me – unused to driving in it – and Connie – super duper exhausted – unsure of how to make that short jaunt to the airport. We finally called her a cab. This took up the last of my money on me, however, and I knew I would have to hit up a bank sometime that day or not be able to get my car out of parking when I landed back in NashVegas the next day.That plan…it didn’t go the way I had planned. I rubbed out Connie’s shoulders that were absolutely killing her and pretty much dropkicked her back into bed. After 26 hours on the road the day before, she nor I was in any shape to go anywhere or do anything for a while, though I knew I’d be up in a few hours. I didn’t even think to ask Linds if she could run me up to the bank before she left for work, which was one of my glaring oversights. The other being my brain forgot it was Saturday, and therefore banks and the like closed very early in the day on Saturdays and weren’t open at all on Sundays. And so, I became well and truly stuck. Ick. Well, I could fly on home and crawl into the car, sleep, and the next morning walk to the bank and back, pay for the car, and get home. Surely, it wouldn’t be as cold at home as it is in Iowa!
The next morning, Connie, Penney, and I loaded up to head for the airport with Pens taking the wheel. I was still tired and crashed out pretty early on in the ride. We took Pens home to her step-father’s in the cold snow and re-aimed back for the airport. I missed my flight. The next one would be around 3 and I had a few bucks to hold me over if I got terribly hungry. I also had the foresight to nab some tangerines. This is when I called several people to check in and let them know of the game plan, one of whom was Brenda. Brenda was worried about my being stranded at Nashville International and somehow found a way for me to put my car charges on her credit card, thank God, and therefore I could get home relatively safe that night when I arrived in Tennessee, whenever that might be. My flights kept getting delayed out of Quad City until I missed my connecting flight out of Chicago. Eventually, that worked it’s way through and I made it back into Nashville long about 11 o’clock, grabbed my car, and took off for home.
I got here and ate something, and crawled into my bed for a short nap. I had dozens of things to get done the following day, including pay Brenda back and catch up on housework, but it did feel pretty darned good to be home.I also have another Taylor adventure under my belt, got to see some friends I hadn’t before, make a few new friends, savor Taylor’s performance (which was amazing), enjoy other actors in a spectacular play, play in new places – some expected and some not , and really enjoy some time away from the daily trudge I see. Yep, I can hardly wait to see where this sweet southern gentleman will take me next. C’mon, Tay, where you want me to show up to next? I’ll be ready, darlin’. Just let me grab my bag………..
~tyg
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

PostSubject: Re: Our Chicago Adventure   Our Chicago Adventure Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 3:13 pm

By the way, I'm prolly going to kidnap piuctures as I don't have a camera. Fair warning......
~tyg
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Our Chicago Adventure   Our Chicago Adventure Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 3:44 pm

Its funny, how we were all there and yet we all manage to tell what our own minds were able to comprehend. Which of course is a blessing when your stunned at the shear beauity of Taylor. What one of us leaves out the other one may just get a glimmer of a memorie to tell. I however have yet to tell my tale and trust me it will be a long one...
Back to top Go down
naynaystay71

Female
Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Our Chicago Adventure   Our Chicago Adventure Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 6:07 pm

Hey girls I finally got the net up and running in the new home. I will be back with my re-cap and pics soon.
Back to top Go down
TaysLadybug
Administrator
TaysLadybug

Female

PostSubject: Re: Our Chicago Adventure   Our Chicago Adventure Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 12:36 pm

tygrlllie wrote:
Half of me was hoping that Taylor’s understudy would have been there, and that’s the truth. I was very frightened at this point, barely able to hold body and soul together, but I got completely engrossed I the play before me. It really was wonderful. The play was a perfect meld of the Broadway show version of the ‘70’s and the ever popular film starring John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John. I just loved every minute of it. When Taylor came out, I was stunned at the beauty of his suit – pictures can’t touch how luminous that suit was and I was half-terrified again, wanting to take off like a bat out of hell. I didn’t, though. I have to credit my DeDe and Penney for that or I feel pretty sure I would have. In all, he was gorgeous. Really gorgeous. Not that any of you don’t already know that.
After the show was the moment of truth – meet and greet time. I got to the lobby, breathing hard. Oh God, I didn’t want to do this! I psyched myself up, arguing myself with step after leaden step, labourously dragging myself back with my friends. Thank God for them, or I definitely would have ran. As it was, my heart was tripping fast enough that I was sure you could feel it – like a living breathing thing in the room with me.
Taylor came in not long after that, looking amazing as usual. We were all stunned for a second until Jodie – bless her – broke the ice and introduced herself. After that, Penney made a point to introduce me and embarrass the hell out of me by telling Tay that not only was I frightened of him, but I was totally frightened that he would forget me! Great start, huh? After musing why I might possibly be afraid of him, he simply looked at me and said “Well then, you’ll just have to do something to make me remember you.” My eyes widened and I gulped. “I guess you asked for this. Okay, Taylor, this is my daughter – Kerith…” I handed him a card with her picture and proceeded to tell him the story of how she wants to learn piano, and wants Brian Less (she calls him Mr. Brian, lol) to teach her. She figures the only way for that to happen is for Tay to marry me. So, I flatly said “So, what do you say? Marry me?” His eyes bugged out of his head, and thankfully, the others and I were able to bring him around to knowing this wasn’t a serious proposal. His reply was “Of course…not.” And we all chuckled. “Well then, barring that, would you be so kind as to sign a program for her?” He was gracious and agreed, even commenting on how pretty her name was and offering to get a hold of Brian and have him call her. I thanked him, but said it wasn’t needful, and stepped back.
Most of the rest of it has already been said, and better, by my friends, and honestly I can recall little. I started to tell him some of Kerith’s “Ovadae” tale, but he had to take off. He said he’ll look forward to hearing it next time. Jodie tells me that he said something to the effect of he won’t forget me, and that does my heart good.
Some of our little group got some quality time, others didn’t as much. I feel rotten about that, because there were a lot of us in one place and it was a very small area – poor Taylor must have been frightened by some of us. I hope he was able to take us all in stride, however.
As for pictures, I again rely on my friends, who own cameras. I do not, and even had I, I feel sure I would have been all thumbs. As soon as Tay left, I made book outside to let the cool air calm me down some, and we soon returned to the hotel for some sleep.
Jodie decided she needed a candy bar, and off I went down the block to acquire one for her at 7-11, a convienience store famous for Slurpees, one of which I promised myself before we left the area. I miss the hell out of those things and we don’t have them in Tennessee. So, I drooled over the snowglobes for a bit and returned with Jodie’s treat. We all nestled down into bed and promptly dropped off.
The next morning, I – typically- woke early and popped downstairs in the business office to just absent-mindedly play for a bit. I was still out of it. As I told Ester, I was gobsmacked. I think my brain was still processing the night before. After emailing Ester quickly, I went back up to my room to take a nice shower (the water pressure in the shower was amazing and really worked the kinks out of my back) and dressed, and packed up. Still, my roommates – Penney and Jodie - dozed. So, I went back down for a smoke and read a little in my book, and took in the air. I love a big city. I love to explore them, find all the fun places to visit in them. It’s my hope to return to Chicago, hopefully when it’s a bit warmer, and just explore all the interesting things that I missed this trip, but refamiliarize myself with that which I had already become acquainted with. It will be a lovely trip, every bit as exciting as this was. I definitely had a wonderful time and Taylor or no Taylor, I have been so incredibly blessed with the people I have met because of his sweet voice. I hope they all know how much they have enriched my life, and I hope someday, I can spoil them all even half what they deserve.
At this point, loaded up and ready to go, I was driving. Now, I mentioned that I love big cities, and I do, but…I hate driving in them. I’d just as soon take public transport than try and figure out the snarl that is big city driving. Unfortunately, my flaw became glaringly obvious when I tried to follow Shari out of the city of Chicago. I am not comfortable with bumper to bumper driving even at the best of times, preferring a car length of separation. This is my comfort zone. In the city, however, this is an excuse for others to jump in between me and my goal of keeping up with the person trying to lead me out. Not good. Predictably, we got lost, and – frustrated with attempting to locate the others – we eventually just found our own ways back to where we were headed. I sincerely hope Shari can forgive this of me. It did eat up a lot of time, and energy from all of us.
Anyway, we finally headed out – Connie, Jodie, Denise and myself – to deposit Jodie back in Ohio, myself with the indulgence of a cold Slurpee. Yes, I am crazy like that. Moving on. We had some good music playing, and good conversation had us all upbeat and positive as we travelled. It was nice, being with my friends. Definitely not something I take lightly. We stopped for lunch at one of the truck stops where they actually had pretty good Chinese food and the snow was pretty as we drove and the shadows of night crept in.
Long about 6 or 7 that evening, with Connie now firmly ensconced in the back, and Denise by my side playing navigatrix and Jodie spouting off great jokes in that gorgeous voice of hers, Connie opted to treat us all to an Arby’s root beer float, which – might I add – is sin in a throw away cup. Just sayin’. Unfortunately, however, Connie’s mind was on autopilot or I didn’t hear what she said because mine was, and we went to that dreaded “left turn at Albuquerque “ Bugs Bunny made famous in those old Looney Tune cartoons down the wrong way on Highway 80. I think 80’s evil twin is HWY 55 myself, but I digress….
So, three hours later, as we tool down the road, oblivious to our misdirection, we pull off to go to the bathroom at a gas ‘em up and go. Jodie and Denise tripped into the bathroom, with me bringing up the rear. Connie stayed behind. As I came in, I noticed a sign advertizing real Wisconsin cheese was sold within. ‘How very odd.’ I thought to myself. ‘Why would they be selling Wisconsin cheese in Indiana?’
After quickly using the facilities and washing my hands, I found myself drawn to the rack of postcards. I’ve never been more glad of an obsession in my life, because instead of the Indiana cards I expected to see, the rack was chock full of Wisconsin ones. I picked two, paled, and approached the counter. “Um, where are we?” I asked the clerk. “Just outside Madison, Wisconsin.” My eyed bugged. “You’re kidding?’ I said, swallowing convulsively. “Nope, maybe 20 miles thataway.” Was all I heard. A buzzing entered my head, trying to assimilate this information. “Where y’all headed?” “Uh, Ohio.” I confessed. He blinked. “Ohio? Baby, you are hell and gone from Ohio.” Um, yeah – I figured that one out myself. I walked into the ladis room, where Denise and Jodie were talking as they dried their hands, pal as a ghost. “What happened? You okay?” one of them – still not sure which, said. I nodded slowly. “Um, yes, I guess I’m okay. I don’t, however quite know how to tell you guys this, but…” I handed them both my postcards. “Holy hell, Wisconsin?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?” We left the bathroom and Jodie went up to the clerk, and the trucker I had spoken with before. “So, how the heck do we get back?” she asked.
While they discussed out a travel plan, I had Denise join me in telling Connie. I, frankly, was far too faint-hearted to do it on my own. “Connie, I need to tell you something….” She paled. “Oh, God – nobody’s dead or anything, are they?” “No, no – nothing like that, thank God. But, um, we’re in Wisconsin.” “Wisconsin? I don’t remember passing one of those big signs anywhere that said ‘Welcome to Wisconsin.’” She had a point – I hadn’t seen one of those either, and neither had Denise. Fortunately, my merry band of travelers have such good hearts as we crawled back in, armed with simpler directions, and set off again.
Another 4 hours back to Chicago, and 5 from there into Ohio and we finally had Jodie back with those who love her best. It was the middle of the night by this point and though merry we may be, punch drunk might well have been the better term. I returned to HWY 80 and began the slow, torturous and now potentially treacherous ride back through Indiana to Illinois and on to Iowa. We were all determined that this time, we would see actual bed before we collapsed totally. Minor collapses were to be expected, however. Connie, bless her, stretched out and promptly fell asleep, admonishing me to not deviate from the highway. I didn’t, and yet somehow – again, don’t ask me how – we wound up in a little town where the highway ran slap out. Still don’t get that. I swear to you, I did NOT change roads or anything. We did, however, find a Brazilian Steakhouse and a candy factory a bit down the road we decided we’d go visit some millennia down the line…
Long about oh, 7 that evening, we finally trudged, dragging each others tushies, into Connie’s snowy home, with Denise needing to be back in Chicago the next morning, really early, for her flight back home. Connie, my poor little love, was beyond exhausted, and I know Denise and I weren’t terribly far behind. So, we concocted a plan to get Denise to Cedar Rapids Airport and fly her to Chicago in time for her flight, took off to our respective sleeping spaces (thank you to the bottoms of my aching toes, Linds), and died until 5 AM after some delicious food, and watching Mamma Mia (yay! I’d been wanting to see that.) The next morning was super snowy, making me – unused to driving in it – and Connie – super duper exhausted – unsure of how to make that short jaunt to the airport. We finally called her a cab. This took up the last of my money on me, however, and I knew I would have to hit up a bank sometime that day or not be able to get my car out of parking when I landed back in NashVegas the next day.That plan…it didn’t go the way I had planned. I rubbed out Connie’s shoulders that were absolutely killing her and pretty much dropkicked her back into bed. After 26 hours on the road the day before, she nor I was in any shape to go anywhere or do anything for a while, though I knew I’d be up in a few hours. I didn’t even think to ask Linds if she could run me up to the bank before she left for work, which was one of my glaring oversights. The other being my brain forgot it was Saturday, and therefore banks and the like closed very early in the day on Saturdays and weren’t open at all on Sundays. And so, I became well and truly stuck. Ick. Well, I could fly on home and crawl into the car, sleep, and the next morning walk to the bank and back, pay for the car, and get home. Surely, it wouldn’t be as cold at home as it is in Iowa!
The next morning, Connie, Penney, and I loaded up to head for the airport with Pens taking the wheel. I was still tired and crashed out pretty early on in the ride. We took Pens home to her step-father’s in the cold snow and re-aimed back for the airport. I missed my flight. The next one would be around 3 and I had a few bucks to hold me over if I got terribly hungry. I also had the foresight to nab some tangerines. This is when I called several people to check in and let them know of the game plan, one of whom was Brenda. Brenda was worried about my being stranded at Nashville International and somehow found a way for me to put my car charges on her credit card, thank God, and therefore I could get home relatively safe that night when I arrived in Tennessee, whenever that might be. My flights kept getting delayed out of Quad City until I missed my connecting flight out of Chicago. Eventually, that worked it’s way through and I made it back into Nashville long about 11 o’clock, grabbed my car, and took off for home.
I got here and ate something, and crawled into my bed for a short nap. I had dozens of things to get done the following day, including pay Brenda back and catch up on housework, but it did feel pretty darned good to be home.I also have another Taylor adventure under my belt, got to see some friends I hadn’t before, make a few new friends, savor Taylor’s performance (which was amazing), enjoy other actors in a spectacular play, play in new places – some expected and some not , and really enjoy some time away from the daily trudge I see. Yep, I can hardly wait to see where this sweet southern gentleman will take me next. C’mon, Tay, where you want me to show up to next? I’ll be ready, darlin’. Just let me grab my bag………..
~tyg

Tyggy Im so sorry for embarrasing you :( I thought If I introduced you to him it'd be less worry for you. Guess I should have let you do it your way.
I may never get to meet him again so i wanted to get as much said as I could If I took any time away fron you jodie, Denise, or Renee Im very sorry :cryhard:. Sometimes I do things without thinking {as I did at the bar the night we saw Erin & The guys the night of Taylors book reading btu I was drunk when i did that} it's one of my big flaws ill try not to do that again if we al get a chance to meet him again.
Im tired I have been busy all day I need a nap. Ty for your recap. Im still waiting for Denise,Renee, Shari & Connies Pics from the trip so I cansnag away.

Ill talk to you later hugs Penney
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Our Chicago Adventure   Our Chicago Adventure Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 1:24 am

Tyggie, glad to see that your alright. Loved reading your recap, btw. Yay! And V! Good grief girl it's good to hear from you.

The pictures and the recap are great Penney. You did a fantastic job. Hope all will read my blog on my myspace profile.

Don't worry Miss Penns. We'll get the chance to meet again. I'm sure of it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
TaysLadybug
Administrator
TaysLadybug

Female

PostSubject: Re: Our Chicago Adventure   Our Chicago Adventure Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 1:56 am

Hrt~n~Soul wrote:
Tyggie, glad to see that your alright. Loved reading your recap, btw. Yay! And V! Good grief girl it's good to hear from you.

The pictures and the recap are great Penney. You did a fantastic job. Hope all will read my blog on my myspace profile.

Don't worry Miss Penns. We'll get the chance to meet again. I'm sure of it.

TY Denise Im sure we will see each other again 1 day. Maybe you can come out come out this way during Taylor's solo tour. With my oxygen crap I cant fly, well i can with my machienes but cant fly with bottles no airline will allow bottels full or empty on board its a Pre 9-11 caution. id have to have bottles brought to me at my destination stop & most places don't have the pulse bottles I use so id have to use steady flow pretty much any place I go. But I can take a train Amtrak accept people on oxygen {found all that out when connie & I were gunna go to the Sgt Peppers 40th anni show Taylor was supposed to be in in Aug but due to Grease he had to back out & Bo Bice took his place thank God Connie hadn't bought the tickets she would have sold them if she had} but I dunno how the oxygen thing works if I can plug directly into a wall socket or if i have to use my bottles & they let me use my machiene at layover stops. Ok im babbeling i need to go to bed Ni ni all Love you all from the bottom to the top of my heart
Back to top Go down
TaysLadybug
Administrator
TaysLadybug

Female

PostSubject: Re: Our Chicago Adventure   Our Chicago Adventure Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 2:18 am

Late entry Renee/NayNay got me these adorable ice cream cone ear rings to wear with to the show.
Our Chicago Adventure EarringsReneegotmefortheGreaseShow
The cute box they came in
Our Chicago Adventure CuteboxtheIcecreamconeearringscamei
I wore these that night. I found these ear rings the day after Taylor made his Debuit on Grease Jun 7 2008 Ironically my moms Birthday also the same day the Grease tour ends this yr LOL
Our Chicago Adventure MyICConeSpoonearlingsIbought6708day
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Our Chicago Adventure   Our Chicago Adventure Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Our Chicago Adventure
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next