Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Taylor Hicks Performs at the WGN Studios, Chicago

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Taylor Hicks Performs at the WGN Studios, Chicago Empty
PostSubject: Taylor Hicks Performs at the WGN Studios, Chicago   Taylor Hicks Performs at the WGN Studios, Chicago Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 6:33 pm

http://mjsbigblog.com/taylor-hicks-performs-at-the-wgn-studios-chicago.htm
Taylor Hicks dropped by the WGN Studios in Chicago again, on Friday.

This time he performed another great song “Gonna Move” and took a trip back to his childhood to play the Grand Prize game from the old WGN kids show, Bozo the Clown (during his last visit, he said he loved Bozo and dreamed of playing the Grand Prize game when he was a kid).

Taylor donated $500 for each bucket he made to the Boys and Girls club of Chicago. He made 5 buckets out of six (the game involves getting a ball into six buckets lined up vertically, so each bucket is more of a challenge.)

Taylor performs at Martyrs in Chicago tonight.

His single, “What’s Right Is Right”drops on January 27th. The new album The Distance, March 10.

Watch the videos, after the jump…

Taylor plays the Grand Prize Game

Gonna Move:

ShareThis

Related Posts

Taylor Hicks - Hold On To Your Love - CBS2 Chicago - VIDEO
Taylor Hicks Performs the Fall in Chicago - VIDEO
Extras Wanted for Taylor Hicks Music Video
Taylor Hicks HEARTS the Jonas Brothers

33 Responses to “Taylor Hicks Performs at the WGN Studios, Chicago”
Feed for this Entry

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 juliegr
Jan 17th, 2009 at 11:41 am
Thanks MJ, WGN has been fantastic to Taylor during his trip to Chicago — five appearances and performances. Loved seeing how excited Taylor was to play the Grand Challenge game — really apparent at 1:51 on the video. :)

In case you haven’t heard, Josh Smith (electric guitar) will be Taylor’s music director for the club dates at the various locations during the Grease tour. Brian Gallagher plays the sax and will be at Martyr’s tonight.

2 gingerly
Jan 17th, 2009 at 12:09 pm
I liked it, thanks :)

3 calimari
Jan 17th, 2009 at 12:25 pm
Wouldn’t mind being in Chicago for the show tonight or in Cinci for the one next week, but I’m just not leaving Michigan in this sort of weather.

Love the Bozo photo. I was a huge Bozo fan when I was a kid too.

4 LadyBeBop
Jan 17th, 2009 at 12:45 pm
Cincinnati isn’t much warmer, Calimari. Trust me.

I hope Taylor has a number of media appearances here as well. He was everywhere in the Chicago area, wasn’t he?

Only 13 more days until I see him in Grease. However, if I was my daughter, I’d be a stalker. She attends school in downtown Cincinnati…right across the street from the Aronoff Center where Grease is playing. He’ll pass by her school probably every day.

5 hicksaholic
Jan 17th, 2009 at 12:54 pm
I have got to say it- only Taylor can pull off looking sexy kissing a clown!

6 neonorange
Jan 17th, 2009 at 1:26 pm
I hate, hate, hate clowns *shudder* but Taylor almost made them airight, LOL

Gonna Move clip was all kinds of awesome.

7 chewsday
Jan 17th, 2009 at 1:33 pm
Thanks for putting the videos up, MJ. Taylor’s inner kid was definitely showing when he was playing the Bucket Game! (And in the photo, too.) The Gonna Move performance was great. I sure wish I could be at his after show concert at Martyr’s tonight. He has put together a fantastic band for the after show concerts in each city. Damned Midwest weather…!!!

8 hicksaholic
Jan 17th, 2009 at 1:52 pm
You and me both chewsday- I really want to be at Martyr’s. I have a feeling it is going to be a great show for those lucky enough to attend. I can’t wait to hear how it went and if he plays his new music.

9 hicksluvbug
Jan 17th, 2009 at 2:58 pm
It was such fun to see Taylor play the Grand Prize Game (Bozo’s Buckets). Everyone kid in the Chicago area has dreamed of being able to do that. Bozo is the only “non-scary” clown. He is actually cute! I loved the performance of “Gonna Move”! I am so happy the Chicago (especially WGN) joined the Soul Patrol while he is here. I can’t wait to see him tonight at Martyrs!!!! Any idea on what time I should get there? Now they are saying there is an opening act and that he won’t go on until 11:15.

10 PrplDva
Jan 17th, 2009 at 3:30 pm
Loved Bozo as a kid! Great to see Taylor having so much fun!

11 pj
Jan 17th, 2009 at 6:21 pm
I’ll be within a couple of blocks north of Martyrs tonight having dinner, but I couldn’t get my non-AI friends to agree to see Taylor at that price. :-(. They may have for 20-25.

hicksluvbug, it’s standing room, so it depends on how close you want to be. Who is the opening act?

12 abbysee
Jan 17th, 2009 at 6:32 pm
Great job Taylor.

I don’t like clowns either, but I did have a soft spot for Bozo.

13 MN Sue
Jan 17th, 2009 at 7:56 pm
I’m just loving his effervescence!

I have been waiting and waiting for an acoustic Taylor performance. I guess its true. All good things come to those who wait. Knock ‘em dead it Martyr’s tonight!

14 chewsday
Jan 17th, 2009 at 8:22 pm
Now that the single release date has been moved back to Jan. 27 - which I think is better than on inauguration day - the new music may not be performed tonight. Nontheless, I’d still love to be there.

If you think the Bozo photo is cute, you should see the pics with Julianne Hough, who was at WGN the same day as Taylor. Taylor looks like the cat that swallowed the canary. Seems he always looks like that around cute blonds, lol!

15 Paula
Jan 17th, 2009 at 8:39 pm
Taylor told somebody that had a M&G last night that he will be singing a few of the new songs tonight. A snippet of What’s Right is Right is back at Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Whats-Right-Is/dp/B001OSG9FW/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_1

16 chewsday
Jan 17th, 2009 at 8:49 pm
Oh, sure, Paula, make me feel even worse that I can’t be there tonight, lol. And with the media policy that appeared on Taylor’s official site earlier, I’d bet that little if any of this concert leaks to the boards. Heavens, there won’t even be a cellcert! (I’ve never tried to listen to one of those; underwater sitar isn’t my thing. But it was always fun to read the boards as the concerts unfolded.) Maybe he’ll do the new single for some promo in Cincinnati.

17 Ladybug
Jan 17th, 2009 at 9:07 pm
I think these clips (Thanks, mj!) are a nice reminder as to why Taylor won S. 5. He is charming, good looking, good-natured, self-deprecating, and has a sweet, soulful voice when he sings.

18 skylight1219
Jan 17th, 2009 at 9:45 pm
I love the little boy coming out in Taylor. He’s so great. Loved the snippet of his new song too.

19 abbysee
Jan 17th, 2009 at 10:18 pm
I just went back and watched Taylor play the game. I must say I thought they were blowing smoke up his butt when they said next time they would bring the buckets out and let him have a shot. It was real cool to see him get a chance to do something he’s loved since childhood. He’s adorable, and really looks nice in those jeans I must say, he’s maintained the weight loss since idol. His smile is contagious.

20 JOJOSIE
Jan 17th, 2009 at 10:50 pm
I have to admit that just seeing or hearing Taylor, I end up with a big smile on my face. Being a Taylor fan has been one of best things I’ve done in the last couple years. Hope there’s alot more smiles this year. I agree with everything said in the previous posts. As Taylor says, “What’s right is right.”

21 hickifino
Jan 18th, 2009 at 12:53 am
Taylor playing the Bozo Bucket Game was the cutest, most endearing Taylor I’ve ever seen! He’s literally jumping up and down with excitement, so serious as he throws the ball, and honestly delighted when they awarded him the Bozo home game from the Broadcast Museum. What a charmer he is!
Giving $2500 to the Boys and Girls Club of Chicago is cool.

22 weelassie
Jan 18th, 2009 at 1:36 am
ah, I love that black and white pic of Tay with the clown. So cute. I’m hoping good things for Taylor.

23 pj
Jan 18th, 2009 at 1:40 am
Sadly, the Museum of Broadcast Communications has a half-finished new building that they are now trying to sell, claiming it’s Blago’s fault for not coming through with the funds he had promised. Sigh.

I almost went after dinner, but decided I didn’t want to go by myself. It was after ten and I also didn’t want to pay $40 to stand in the back. Hope to hear some reports.

24 davidlove
Jan 18th, 2009 at 3:53 am
Taylor had a tough time as a kid with the breakup of his family, so I’m guessing Bozo was one of his few good memories. Again, he gets to live out another dream! Go, Taylor:D

25 Lu
Jan 18th, 2009 at 8:47 am
new single 1/20? it hits radio this day?

26 hicksaholic
Jan 18th, 2009 at 10:16 am
It’s moved to 1/27

27 MN Sue
Jan 18th, 2009 at 10:19 am
deleted
(deferred to hicksaholic)

28 hicksaholic
Jan 18th, 2009 at 10:22 am
MN Sue
Do you ever stop and ask yourself if we are pathetic? LOL

29 MN Sue
Jan 18th, 2009 at 10:29 am
Pathetic, no. I like the word “enthusiastic”.

30 dancingqueen
Jan 18th, 2009 at 11:00 am
Great coverage in Chi-town. Love the photos they took at WGN during both appearances. So nice to see Josh & Brian there with him.

Read that the new single was the only new song in the set, but, he did some tour favorites, like Compared To What & Naked In The Jungle - wish I could’ve have been there.

31 hicksaholic
Jan 18th, 2009 at 11:10 am
“enthusiastic” yea, I have to remember that choice of words, particularly when my friends or husband say something about my Taylor hobby. I’m enthusiastic not pathetic.

I think there was one more new song, something with woman in the title. I really want to hear a detailed recap, although the one thing I read said it was his best concert so far which is encouraging. I’m jealous of those who were able to attend.

32 oceana
Jan 18th, 2009 at 1:26 pm
Nice clip. I love Taylor and can’t wait for his cd. It’s good to see him again.

33 JoyaAngle
Jan 18th, 2009 at 8:17 pm
Are you Military single or Admirer? Want to meet single members of the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard, Police Force, and Firefighters — as well as civilians, veterans?

★Uniformed Mate.com★ —An unique military club for military singles and admirers in the world! Support our heroes who serving our nation. Support our troops that safeguard our safety. Please call back all the soldiers and troops in Iraq.

Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Taylor Hicks Performs at the WGN Studios, Chicago Empty
PostSubject: Re: Taylor Hicks Performs at the WGN Studios, Chicago   Taylor Hicks Performs at the WGN Studios, Chicago Icon_minitimeMon Jan 19, 2009 7:49 pm

Oh Jodi thank you so much, that was wonderful to see, I have not seen it and I'm so glad that I finally did.. It was wonderful and wow Taylor looked and sounded so so so happy and thrilled to be there. thanks so much..
Back to top Go down

Taylor Hicks Performs at the WGN Studios, Chicago
Page 1 of 1