Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

New Idol News - 1/26/09

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

New Idol News - 1/26/09 Empty
PostSubject: New Idol News - 1/26/09   New Idol News - 1/26/09 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 8:08 am

:welcome1: Hello gang. Lots of new idol news to report. Hope you enjoy hearing about some of your favorites. Here goes:

New Idol News - 1/26/09 795426 Seems American Idol is getting lots of flak regarding the latest appearance of an idol hopeful in the form of Joanna Pacitti who auditioned last week in Louisville, Kentucky. This failed pop star was once signed to A&M Records. She did release an album however it went nowhere and she was dropped from the label in 2007. Lots of critics and just your average folk are not happy that a professional is once again part of this reality show which is based on discovering new talent. Several are comparing this to what happened last year via Carly Smithson, Kristy Lee Cook and Michael Johns appearances. My personal thoughts are who cares. Sure she may be going to Hollywood but that does not mean she will make the top 36. Keep in mind that Carly, Kristy and Michael did not win on Season 7 plus I have no qualms about anyone still trying to fulfill their desires to "make it" in the music world.

New Idol News - 1/26/09 451785 Seems some past idols will have some new music coming our way. Of course we know Taylor will be releasing his next album In March. However Melinda Doolittle has one coming out in February and if you go to her site you can hear the first single.

Elliott Yamin of Season 5 has a new album coming out on May 5th.

Season 6 finalist Gina Glocksen will soon be releasing a single on ITunes called "List of Regrets".

Speaking of season 6 seems Sanjaya Malakar has released a 5-track EP plus a book he wrote both entitled "Dancing to the Music in my Head". It came out on January 20th and Sanjaya has been hitting several shows to promote his latest release. Maybe you saw him on one.

Season 3's Jon Peter Lewis had previously released his album called "Break The Silence" in July, 2008 and has several singing his praises for this release. They include the Critic's Choice Magazine, People Magazine and USA Today. You can purchase the album on ITunes.

🍌 Seems David Cook, our current American Idol is still going great guns with his album release. He is #10 on the Top 200 Billboard charts and his single "The Time of My Life" has been on the Adult Contemporary Charts for 15 weeks and still going strong. Bravo David!

wiggle Cute Diana DeGarmo of season 3 will be starring as Dorothy in a contemporary musical twist in the classic "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz". So far the only tour dates announced are in Texas. She is also working on releasing a new country album.

clap Many of our prior idols are in huge demand for several events coming up.

Bucky Covington of season 5 is traveling overseas for his 1st European USO tour. He will spend a couple of weeks entertaing the U.S. troops in Germany and Kosovo. He also will be performing with the Sawyer Brown country band at the 2009 Country Music Festival in Yerington, Nevada on July 2nd.

Season 7's Kristy Lee Cook will be performing along with Tim McGraw, Leann Rimes and Montgomery Gentry at the 2009 Oregon Jamboree. This event is held from July 31st to August 2nd. Money raised from this event benefits the local economic development projects.

Jordin Sparks recently was in good company as she along with Bon Jovi and George Lopez made appearances at the Commander-in-Chief ball which aired on January 20th. This special event marked the celebration of welcoming our new President Barack Obama.

David Archuleta sang the national anthem recently at the Latino Ball.

Chris Daughtry appeared at a black-tie event for the Washington D.C. area high school students.

Carrie Underwood (season 4) and Jennifer Hudson (season 3) will be performing at the 51st Grammy Awards on February 8th. These two ladies have 4 nominations between them for this special night of music.

Randy Jackson will be the host of the NAACP Image Awards on February 7th.

Way to go everyone!

New Idol News - 1/26/09 839840 Last but not least a new album has been released. It is called Curtain Call, Vol. 2 which gives some of our past finalists a chance to be recorded. As you may recall Curtain Call, Vol. 1 featured Ryan Starr, A. J. Tabaldo, Jon Peter Lewis and Stevie Scott. This newest release features the talents of Alaina Alexander (season 6), Rudy Cardenas (season 6), Sarah Mather (season 4) and Gedeon McKinney (season 5). Each have 3 new songs on this cd. I bought the cd and I must say they do have some good music on this one. I was most impressed with the music of Sarah Mather who came in as the 12th finalist on her season. If you get a chance, give it a listen.

New Idol News - 1/26/09 527840 Well that is a wrap on the latest news and thank you for reading this.
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: New Idol News - 1/26/09   New Idol News - 1/26/09 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 10:13 am

Yeahhhhh thanks for the update!!!! You Rock
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: New Idol News - 1/26/09   New Idol News - 1/26/09 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 10:21 pm

New Idol News - 1/26/09 951557 Hello again. I forgot to mention that the new season of "Gone Country" started today on CMT. On the show this season is none other than Justin Guarini, the runner-up to Kelly Clarkson on season 1 of American Idol. Also appearing on the show is George Clinton (godfather of funk), Sheila E (remember her song The Glamorous Life), Taylor Dayne (Tell It To My Heart singer), Richard Grieco (actor from 21 Jump Street), Mickey Dolenz (The Monkees) and Tara Connor (prior Miss USA). The show airs on Saturday nights so check your local listings for the time if you are interested. So far, this looks like an interesting season.

New Idol News - 1/26/09 322546 Toodles for now!
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: New Idol News - 1/26/09   New Idol News - 1/26/09 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 12:37 am

Thanks for all the updates and recaps CC. Now I'm in the know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: New Idol News - 1/26/09   New Idol News - 1/26/09 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 6:55 pm

Okay, so Gone Country sounds like a riot -
i might have to take a chance on this show and give it a peek, huh?
Elliott's got a new album? Okay - added to my list for my birthday in November!
The rest sound intriguing....
Has anyone heard about Bucky's new album, yet?
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: New Idol News - 1/26/09   New Idol News - 1/26/09 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 8:14 pm

Thanks CC, I've so out of touch anymore that Ilove reading about all the idols and their happening..
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: New Idol News - 1/26/09   New Idol News - 1/26/09 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 11:10 pm

tygrlllie wrote:
Okay, so Gone Country sounds like a riot -
i might have to take a chance on this show and give it a peek, huh?
Elliott's got a new album? Okay - added to my list for my birthday in November!
The rest sound intriguing....
Has anyone heard about Bucky's new album, yet?
~tyg

I've only heard that it's either in the works or getting ready for release (if it hasn't already been released). That's all I know about Bucky.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: New Idol News - 1/26/09   New Idol News - 1/26/09 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 7:16 pm

Hmmm. I'll check and see - thanks Sis *swak otc*
~tyg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Idol News - 1/26/09   New Idol News - 1/26/09 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Idol News - 1/26/09
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reality Music shows :: American Idol-
Jump to: