Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Michael Johns, Carly Smithson to duet on Wednesday night

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Michael Johns, Carly Smithson to duet on Wednesday night Empty
PostSubject: Michael Johns, Carly Smithson to duet on Wednesday night   Michael Johns, Carly Smithson to duet on Wednesday night Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 8:30 pm

Michael Johns and Carly Smithson will perform a duet tomorrow night during the first results-show telecast of American Idol's season 8 semifinals, Johns confirmed exclusively to EW.com. The pair, who only got the invitation to sing on Sunday, are still in talks with executive producer Ken Warwick about which number they'll perform.

Johns and Smithson, who finished eighth and sixth, respectively, on season 7 of Idol, had expected to appear this year during the "Hollywood Week" episodes, where they had served as ''Idol boot-camp'' mentors for the current crop of hopefuls; that footage, however, wound up on the editing-room floor. "Ken [Warwick] felt bad about it," explained Johns, and thus, the duet plans were hatched.

Johns said laughingly that he's "just a little" nervous to be taking to the Idol stage and appearing in front of the judges, but is excited by the fact that he'll be able to plug his upcoming debut album, which is slated for an April release, in front of 25 million viewers.

"The thing about Idol is, if you're respectful of it, and you enjoy it, and you're a good ambassador for the show, you're in it for life," says Johns, who made an appearance last Thursday along with Smithson and dozens of other former contestants at the launch of the "American Idol Experience" at Walt Disney World in Orlando, FL.
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Michael Johns, Carly Smithson to duet on Wednesday night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Michael Johns, Carly Smithson to duet on Wednesday night   Michael Johns, Carly Smithson to duet on Wednesday night Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 11:31 am

I was reading about this at EW.com. I'd sure like to hear the duet. I'll bet it will sound great as I like Micaels Johns.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com

Michael Johns, Carly Smithson to duet on Wednesday night
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reality Music shows :: American Idol-
Jump to: