Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Gotta love him

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Gotta love him Empty
PostSubject: Gotta love him   Gotta love him Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 10:21 am

Part of a review from the Arizona Daily Star - Feburary 27, 2009

This "Grease" is not the one we want.
The road show of the Broadway musical is in town this week, courtesy of Broadway in Tucson. While it's got bouncy tunes and leather jackets, it doesn't have the energy and the attitude of the 1950's era it can spoof so well.

Then there was Taylor Hicks, "American Idol" winner and Teen Angel in this production. He gets top billing which must annoy the others to no end - Hicks sings only one song, "Beauty School Dropout".

Taylor Hicks Pictures, Images and Photos

But he hams it up beautifully, shows off his voice and brings some distinct delight to a kinda tired production. There's something that's endearingly geeky about Hicks so it's hard not to like him.

Hicks' entrance - from a giant soft ice cream cone - drew cheers from the audience, as did his surprise - after the curain call, he performed a song from his new alblum, coming out March 10.

"Grease" should be more than a show - it should be a load of energetic fun and over-the-top attitude performed by actors who believe to their bones that Elvis is king and hot rods are cool. And that's not this "Grease".

Last edited by Hrt~n~Soul on Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Gotta love him Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gotta love him   Gotta love him Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 6:52 am

Gotta love him 833804 This review sounds pretty negative except for that part about our Taylor. I surely hope the rest of the cast don't despise our guy because he is getting so much attention. I have seen many stage plays and think it is harder to display real emotion than on the scene where they do take after take until they get it right. On stage, it is live so I feel these actors have to be really on their toes to come across with the excitement every day. One stage play I saw that did not even come close to the one I saw at the movies what the musical "Showboat". The movie was definitely better.

Thanks for the picture of Taylor.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

Gotta love him Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gotta love him   Gotta love him Icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2009 9:52 am

Gotta love him 399539 The article wasn't very flattering of the play at all. Which is why I didn't post all of it. Thank goodness they love Taylor. I managed to see video of his interviews with 92.2 The Mountain and 94.9 Mix FM. He was treated with such kindness especially Brad on Mix FM. What a character he is!

I do wish they had seen "Grease" as fun and entertaining though because it really is. :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Gotta love him Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gotta love him   Gotta love him Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2009 1:25 pm

It seems that they just can not help themself then to get their licks in if not about Taylor than about what he's doing. I hven't seen the Grease and chances are I won't but I loved the movie and can't imagine anyone NOT liking it..
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

Gotta love him Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gotta love him   Gotta love him Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 10:42 am