Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Results - 3/11/09

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Results - 3/11/09 Empty
PostSubject: Results - 3/11/09   Results - 3/11/09 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 6:59 am

Results - 3/11/09 42519 Hello all. Well, it is the dreaded Wednesday night results show and we do have some new news on how things are going to be handled this year. Seems each week as a contestant is about to be eliminated the judges will have the option of giving that particular contestant a second chance of sticking around for another week. However the judges can only do this one time this season and if a contestant should be saved the following week two contestants will be eliminated. This is their way of staying on track with the weeks that American Idol will be on this season. As many of you know, the winner is usually crowned in May.

One other added bit of news is that Carrie Underwood is singing the going home song entitled "Home Sweet Home". Now for the actual show:

:) Ryan Seacrest looks good as he tells us that we will have a double elimination tonight and let's us know about the new twist. Seems that 33 million votes came in and applause is abundant from the audience for the contestants as well as the judges. We see pictures of Michael Johns, Jennifer Hudson and Chris Daughtry who left the competition too soon which brings about the new twist.

Results - 3/11/09 322546 Next we get to see where our contestants are staying which of course is a fantastic mansion complete with a bowling alley, spa, steam room and swimming pool. The contestants are in awe of their new "digs".

Following is the group sing of Jackson 5 songs which include "Want You Back" and "ABC". This was done well however even with the big stage the contestants seemed cramped. I really liked how Alexis Grace helped Scott Macintyre get around the stage.

Then of course we see a re-cap of the night before performances. Ryan talks with Michael Sarver before we get to the Ford commercial which has the contestants singing the Queen song "We Will Rock You". I actually thought this was a good commercial and loved how they had the contestants on the buildings.

Results - 3/11/09 451785 Now for some of the results.

Michael Sarver is safe.
Allison Iraheta is safe.

Jasmine Murray is the first in the bottom 2.

Matt Giraud is safe.

Kris Allen and Megan Corkrey are pulled up. Kris is safe and Megan is asked to joined Jasmine on the stage. Of the girls on the stage Megan is safe and Jasmine is in danger. She once again sings her song of the night before. The judges are just not feeling it and she is sent home and we get to see her journey on the show. She is crying throughout. My thoughts on this is in a few years this girl will be a force to be reckoned with once she develops some personality and stage presence as she already has the talent to pursue her dreams.

Results - 3/11/09 833804 I am not a big fan of Kanye West who performs next but do have to say his song "Heartless" was not bad and he gives a good performance.

Results - 3/11/09 57823 Now more results as we see that Scott Macintyre is safe. I am so glad about this.

Alexis Grace is safe.
Danny Gokey is safe.

Anoop Desai is asked to go on stage and you can tell he knew what was coming.

Adam Lambert is safe.

Jorge Nunez and Lil Rounds are the last two and it appears that Jorge is going to the middle stage. So now we have Anoop and Jorge. One is safe and one is going home.

wiggle Kelly Clarkson performs before we find out the final result. She and Ryan have a conversation before she sings her latest single "My Life Would Suck With You". Frankly I just do not care for this song at all although I have liked many of Kelly's other songs.

Results - 3/11/09 412302 Next we see that the final contestant to leave the competition is Jorge Nunez. My thoughts are that popularity won out again as Anoop Desai is safe. This was unfair as in my opinion Anoop was the worst of the group we saw last night. The judges do not save Jorge and I must add that Simon is brutal with his no. We get to see Jorge's journey before he leaves the competition.

Results - 3/11/09 201170 Well that's it for this week's round of competition and next week it looks like we will be back on track with the eliminations. Hope all of you have a great week ahead!

:flowerheart:
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Results - 3/11/09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 3/11/09   Results - 3/11/09 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 2:29 pm

I watched the show last night and was not suprised by their little new rule. As if,, I tell ya it's just their way of making sure that the one they want to win will win.. and OMG the fall out on the AI boards is huge.. Of course it's all about how Chris would have won if they'd had this rule then WRONG....... It's good for up to the top 5 ONLY, Chris went out at 4 so he was all done regardless. What a pity that some don't get it. Anway back to the results.

I wasn't surprised that Jasmine and Jorge went, I did like Jasmine thought with time she could have really done very well. Plus I don't think it was fair to any of these guys to try sing Micheal Jackson and do real well. Just my opinion of course. I was a bit sad to see Jorge go and really thought it should have been Anoop of all 13 he really did the worst Tuesday night, again my opinion. I guess it is what it is though right?

Has anyone noticed the judges this season? It seems Simon is the spokesman this year and no one else says what it's normally said, Am I the only one finds that strange??
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

Results - 3/11/09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 3/11/09   Results - 3/11/09 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 6:20 pm

Hm. That's facinating - the new wrinkle. I'm waiting to watch with Angie - she's got no TV, so I'm afraid I drag her here to watch when I can.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

Results - 3/11/09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 3/11/09   Results - 3/11/09 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 7:01 am

wietzema wrote:
I watched the show last night and was not suprised by their little new rule. As if,, I tell ya it's just their way of making sure that the one they want to win will win.. and OMG the fall out on the AI boards is huge.. Of course it's all about how Chris would have won if they'd had this rule then WRONG....... It's good for up to the top 5 ONLY, Chris went out at 4 so he was all done regardless. What a pity that some don't get it. Anway back to the results.

I wasn't surprised that Jasmine and Jorge went, I did like Jasmine thought with time she could have really done very well. Plus I don't think it was fair to any of these guys to try sing Micheal Jackson and do real well. Just my opinion of course. I was a bit sad to see Jorge go and really thought it should have been Anoop of all 13 he really did the worst Tuesday night, again my opinion. I guess it is what it is though right?

Has anyone noticed the judges this season? It seems Simon is the spokesman this year and no one else says what it's normally said, Am I the only one finds that strange??

Hi Sandi. I think the reason that Simon seems to be the one in charge is because I think he helps produce the show. He does seem to be the final word for sure.

As for Daughtry probably winning that season I sort of doubt it as Taylor's fan base then was just so huge. Since then of course Chris has done fantastic with his album but frankly I just can not stomach his music and turn the channel if he comes on when I do listen to the radio. Jeesh is this guy ever going to fall off the charts I wonder. I as so hoping Taylor does good with this new release to shut those naysayers up.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

Results - 3/11/09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 3/11/09   Results - 3/11/09 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 7:55 am

Hey CC..

I know Simon has a lot more to say about AI than most people know or realize. He's never been my favorite judge but he does what he does very good. I also know that a lot of people tune in just to see what crap he dish's out to these kids. I am not faulting him for being who he is but wow when he doesn't like someone he makes sure EVERYONE knows it..

I am not into Rock music either but Chris does have a couple of song that I think are so unlike the others and are pretty good. I don't think I've ever seen him on TV except on AI, but I do hear him on the Radio now and again.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

Results - 3/11/09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 3/11/09   Results - 3/11/09 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 9:23 am

Know what's really weird? I've read Simon's biography (really a neat read, by the way) and apparently he isn't as mean as the guy he does X Factor with. So, I guess our kids are lucky.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

Results - 3/11/09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 3/11/09   Results - 3/11/09 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 13, 2009 7:35 pm

tygrlllie wrote:
Know what's really weird? I've read Simon's biography (really a neat read, by the way) and apparently he isn't as mean as the guy he does X Factor with. So, I guess our kids are lucky.
~tyg

Hey tyg, we have something else in common as I also read his book. He does paint a different picture in the book and I agree it was an interesting read. I have to say sometimes I do appreciate his honesty however he is just too brutal at times and fails to give credit properly when it is due. Taylor was so awesome during season 5 but you could tell that Chris was definitely Simon's favorite that year. I was so glad to see Taylor win not only because he is so talented but to show-up Simon as well. Did you notice towards the end how complimentary Simon was to Taylor. Overall I think Simon just never "got" the Taylor we love.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

Results - 3/11/09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 3/11/09   Results - 3/11/09 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 10:50 am

I like Simon. If I were a musician, I would appreciate Simon not passing along the b*****t, like so many do in the business. I admit, I was not fond of the way he treated Taylor and continues doing so today, but I agree - he never quite "got" Tay and also, they are a lot alike (I think because they share the same birthday), so they butted heads. A lot. But I really do like Simon. I think he can be funny, and at times you can tell he has a good heart.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

Results - 3/11/09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 3/11/09   Results - 3/11/09 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 11:14 am

tygrlllie wrote:
I like Simon. If I were a musician, I would appreciate Simon not passing along the b*****t, like so many do in the business. I admit, I was not fond of the way he treated Taylor and continues doing so today, but I agree - he never quite "got" Tay and also, they are a lot alike (I think because they share the same birthday), so they butted heads. A lot. But I really do like Simon. I think he can be funny, and at times you can tell he has a good heart.
~tyg

Results - 3/11/09 399539 He does indeed have a good heart at times as shown on the "Idol Gives Back" segments not to mention I believe he helped pay the mortgage for some people who were about to lose their home. I also agree he does give his honest opinion however I do not always agree with him but isn't that what makes the world go round? I actually like all the judges for different reasons except for Kara who I personally do not feel adds much to this current season except to take up more time when she gives her opinion.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

Results - 3/11/09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 3/11/09   Results - 3/11/09 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2009 6:52 pm

I'm with you, but Kara does allow Paula to be way more than syrupy sweet - and I have to say, that I like.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Results - 3/11/09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 3/11/09   Results - 3/11/09 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 11:15 am

Wow, am I behind or what?
First of all, I was not surprised that Jasmine and Jorge were the first to bite the dust. I had the feeling they would. They both have good voices but not enough to make it through this competition.
As far as Simon goes....I don't like the way he treated Taylor any more than the next person. However, I will give him credit. When a contestant does well he says so. I've seen him on several talk shows and he seems so different from what we see on Idol. Maybe he had multiple personalities. LOL
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

Results - 3/11/09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 3/11/09   Results - 3/11/09 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 12:48 pm

The Three faces of Simon:
The "Quick! Smile before anyone notices."
Results - 3/11/09 Simon-simon-cowell-212802_768_1024

The "Just For Scott Season 8 (Somebody Else Tell Him What I'm Doing)"
Results - 3/11/09 Cowell

And the "Yes I Went Shopping With David Hasselhoff - What Of It?"
Results - 3/11/09 Emmys06d
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

Results - 3/11/09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 3/11/09   Results - 3/11/09 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2009 1:34 pm

Results - 3/11/09 610414 especially the last one.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

Results - 3/11/09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 3/11/09   Results - 3/11/09 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 10:06 am

Hoped that you'd like that - that was instantly what I thought when I saw it too.......
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

Results - 3/11/09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 3/11/09   Results - 3/11/09 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 11:05 am

You know....if Simon weren't the Simon we all know {and sometimes hate} I would consider him a very good looking man if I met him on the streets. He does have a nice smile. Just saying!
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female

Results - 3/11/09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 3/11/09   Results - 3/11/09 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 7:38 pm

Man, when he smiles, it really does look good on him, I agree.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

Results - 3/11/09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 3/11/09   Results - 3/11/09 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 11:22 am

Very nice! :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Results - 3/11/09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 3/11/09   Results - 3/11/09 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Results - 3/11/09
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reality Music shows :: American Idol-
Jump to: