Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Missed Re-Caps - 4/4/09

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Missed Re-Caps - 4/4/09 Empty
PostSubject: Missed Re-Caps - 4/4/09   Missed Re-Caps - 4/4/09 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 4:03 am

Missed Re-Caps - 4/4/09 555837 Wow, I have been going crazy. Let me first say I am sorry to have not done any of my re-caps but sadly on the night of Motown week my computer picked up a major virus which has kept me from accessing any sites. I finally got it fixed and am now back on board. I have missed you all.

Missed Re-Caps - 4/4/09 833804 I will not do the full re-caps but will give you my thoughts on the last two weeks as briefly as I can. Here goes:

Motown Week:

How cool that the idols got to go to Hitsville in Detroit. I was sorry Michael Sarver missed out on that trip due to illness and especially since he was voted off that week. It was great seeing Smokey Robinson being their mentor. My grades for each are:

Matt Giraud - Let's Get It On - I loved this performance and he got an A from me and I was very surprised to see him in the bottom 3.

Kris Allen - How Sweet It Is - Good but not great. My grade B.

Scott MacIntyre- Can"t Hurry Love - I liked it. Grade B.

Megan Joy - For Once In My Life - What a slaughter. Grade F.

Anoop DeSai - Ooh Baby, Baby - Good but not great. Grade B.

Michael Sarver - Aint To Proud To Beg - Not bad but wrong song choice. Grade B.

Lil Rounds - Heatwave - Not wild about this, not original at all. Grade B-.

Adam Lambert - Track of My Tears - Loved the look and loved this performance. Grade A+.

Danny Gokey - Get Ready - Wrong song choice I think but did like it. Grade B+.

Allison Iraheta - Papa Was A rolling Stone - Another wrong song choice but not bad. Grade B.

ITune Download Week:

Anoop Desai - Caught Up - Not crazy about this performance. Grade B-.

Megan Joy - Turn Your Lights Down Low - Horrible. Grade F.

Danny Gokey - What Hurts The Most - Loved this, grade A+.

Allison Iraheta - Don't Speak - Wrong song choice, just okay. Grade B-.

Scott Macintyre - Just The Way You Are - Pretty good, grade B+.

Matt Giraud - You found Me - I liked it, grade B+.

Lil Rounds - I Surrender - Wrong song choice, grade B-.

Adam Lambert - Play That Funky Music - Sexy and amazing, grade A+.

Kris Allen - Ain't No Sunshine - Pretty good, grade A.

I was so glad to see the Megan voted off, how did she make it this far is beyond me. Be back next week with a better re-cap hopefully. Until then take care all. Missed Re-Caps - 4/4/09 322546
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Missed Re-Caps - 4/4/09   Missed Re-Caps - 4/4/09 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 11:21 am

CC, it's so nice to see you back. I missed you! I've been over at the AI boards getting re-caps which aren't as much fun to read as yours. :)

Here are my thoughts:
Motown Week:
1. Matt Giraud - Let's Get It On
I loved this version. Showed a soft side to Matt.

2. Danny Gokey - Get Ready
I just like Danny...what can I say? Missed Re-Caps - 4/4/09 451785

3. Adam Lambert - Track of My Tears
This is one of my favorite Smokey Robinson songs and Adam did a great job. Loved his look too.

4. Anoop Desai - Ooh, Baby Baby
Good job with the vocals.

The worst performances: Michael Sarver and Megan Joy. I wasn't surprised to see Michael leave.

iTunes:
1. Danny Gokey - What Hurts The Most Missed Re-Caps - 4/4/09 86847
OMG, this was incredible!

2. Adam Lambert - Play That Funky Music
Even though I really enjoy Taylor's version better this wasn't too bad. Still not sure about the "screaming" thing he does though.

3. Scott McIntyre - Just The Way You Are
I really liked his take on the song. And being on the piano was awesome.

4. Kris Allen - Ain't No Sunshine
He is growing as a performer. I'm liking him more every week.

The worst: Lil Rounds, Matt Giraud and Megan Joy
Was so glad to see Megan go. I agree with you CC. I just don't get how she made it this far.

That's my opinion folks!!! Glad to have you back CC. big hug
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Missed Re-Caps - 4/4/09   Missed Re-Caps - 4/4/09 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 8:14 am

nono Good to hear from you Deni. I honestly believe that Danny and Adam should be the last two standing at this point. Both of these guys are so awesome and I will definitely be getting music from both. As for Kris Allen, I did not care for him at first but when he did "Ain't No Sunshine" I thought it was great and like you he is growing on me. I also like Matt and Scott and with the right songs would be interested in getting music from them.

As for Lil and Allison, overall they have just been okay for me so not so interested any more. I think Michael might go into country music and I probably will not get his music as I am not wild about that genre however if he chooses the right songs with an r & b flavor I might buy his music. As for Megan someone would have to pay me to buy her stuff, I think she is horrible as a singer. I liked Anoop in the beginning but am losing interest fast. He really needs to step up his game.

Anyway, good to hear from you. Take care!
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Missed Re-Caps - 4/4/09   Missed Re-Caps - 4/4/09 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 3:53 pm

Hey, glad you're back home with us. I missed you.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Missed Re-Caps - 4/4/09   Missed Re-Caps - 4/4/09 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2009 11:07 am

I came over here to check out your wonderful review last week and you weren't here, I thought WELL WHAT IS SHE THINKING??? (kidding)

Anyway last week I think Kris nailed it and he with the 8 standing he's my favorite, go figure right?? I've been watching him for some time and thought he's been doing his thing in a quiet kind of way and he finally showed us what he really had and I loved it..

I know Adam and Danny are the favorite to win this whole thing and if that happens it's ok with me but I have my own reserverations on that and the main one being that Adam is experienced that this should be a walk in the park for him to win, He's got the huge back ground and the talent but personally for me he's NOT as good as the judges want him to be.

Danny seems to be a sweet kind loving guy and he again is very talented and I think he's worked hard to get here and he deserves to be here.

Scott, can't help but love him, he's had so many struggles and he handles this one with a lot of gusto as well. I know a lot of people think he's getting the vote because of his sight problems and I have voted for him, but not because I feel sorry for him, I think he's great and doing Billy Joel last week showed it. I don't think he has a chance of winning but I also hope he makes it further than a lot do.

Other than Kris, Adam, Danny, Scott, I don't really care for the rest. The gals, Lil and Allison are such a disapointment to me. Lil being the worst, they hyped her for so long and she failed bad.. Allison, without sounding very rude just isn't my style,
Matt, Anoop, again not for me, I wish them all well but hope the 4 will be Kris, Scott, Adam and Danny, I could live with that..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Missed Re-Caps - 4/4/09   Missed Re-Caps - 4/4/09 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Missed Re-Caps - 4/4/09
Page 1 of 1