Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Results - 4/8/09

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Results - 4/8/09 Empty
PostSubject: Results - 4/8/09   Results - 4/8/09 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 7:25 am

Results - 4/8/09 42519 Hi gang. Welcome to the results re-cap. I will be brief with my comments.

Results - 4/8/09 833804 Guest Appearances:

Flo Rida gives us an entertaining moment doing his #1 hit "Right Round". Side note here: This song is actually a remake from a New Wave group called "Dead or Alive". I recognized it right away. Their version "You Spin Me Round" was a big hit in 1985 not only in America but also in the U.K.

Kellie Pickler looked good although she seemed so much older and frankly I do not know what that song she sang was called but I hated it. I am also not a fan of Taylor Swift who co-wrote the song. The good news is Kellie seems to be doing well in her career.

Results - 4/8/09 57823 Kind of interesting how much is put into making the Ford commercial. I was not crazy about the commerical but all looked good.

Results - 4/8/09 951557 The group sing was the gang singing "Can't Get You Outta My Head" which I thought was not very good.

Results - 4/8/09 412302 Bottom 3 consisted of Anoop, Lil and Scott. Scott was the lowest vote getter and he once again sings which I thought sounded so much better without the guitar. Seems the judges were split as two wanted Scott to be saved and I am sure one was Paula. This was a sad moment I thought and frankly I hate the save card rule. It seems kind of cruel overall. Scott has been eliminated and I am so hoping he gains success in his career.

Results - 4/8/09 201170 Well another week has come and gone and they actually did not mention what next week's theme is. I thought it was great seeing Frankie Avalon in his moment. He looks great and in my youth I was big fan of his and his song "Venus". So in closing, let me wish each and everyone a great week ahead.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Results - 4/8/09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 4/8/09   Results - 4/8/09 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 11:27 am

I literally cried when Scott sang for the last time. He's been such an inspiration throughout this whole competition. He wasn't one of my favorites but I sure appreciate him. He showed the world that you can overcome any disability to accomplish a dream. (just like Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles and Jose Feliciano)

I honestly thought Lil was going home. I just can't wrap myself around any of her performances. She's been too copycat for me.

It was cool seeing Frankie Avalon again. He's still incredibly good looking and sounding good. And I loved Flo Rida! I saw him on the Ellen Degeneres Show and became a fan. {can you believe it? Me, a fan of rap!?!?} LOL Kelly Pickler is cute as a button but her song last night left me saying....."What the hell was that?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Results - 4/8/09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 4/8/09   Results - 4/8/09 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 11:46 am

Hmmm. That doesn't sound terribly inspiring to me. Do I pass on Kellie's new album, you think? And poor Scott - here he steps out from behind the keys, tries to be different, and whoop - the axe falls!
~tyg
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

Results - 4/8/09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 4/8/09   Results - 4/8/09 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 12:40 pm

Well I was truly suprised with the results last night, I so expected Kris to be in the bottom three after Tuesdays performance, I did not expect Scott to go home. I voted for him because I turly thought he was quit good. According to the AI boards there was a lot of other fan's of other idols voting for Kris so that must have worked. I do like Kris and think he has so much more to give than he has but he HAS to step it up now has too..

I watched Idol Extra last night too and of course Scott was there and what a guy, really what a guy, he's 23, at 14 he enrolled in the Universarty of Arizona finishing school when he was 19 with 2 degrees in music, Lived in England for a year studing music and learning more about how to use his voice and that kind of stuff. The other idols LOVED HIM, Danny said he was the most inspirtional person he's ever met, Anoop said he was the greatest never afraid to try anything different, even showed him trying his hand at basketball and making a basket even!! They all said he was funny, light hearted and the most likable guy on the show. I really think Scott tired so hard and worked so hard to do good, and he really wanted this. HE said he hated to leave his new family and that he can't wait for the tour to start. A lot of negativity on the AI board about him getting the pity vote but I honestly don't think he wanted or needed that pity not at all.. When asked what the others thought about helping him going from point A to point B they said it was an honor to do so..
I think Scott will be very much missed on this show, he's a good guy and someone that deserved to be there IMO

Kellie, sure isn't that pretty little blond country gal anymore is she. She sure does look more than grown up, they talked with her and Ace as well on Idol Extra and they told a couple things they did on season 5 tour that was just FUNNY..

CC you always do such a great job of your review that it's like watching the show itself. Thanks so much
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

Results - 4/8/09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 4/8/09   Results - 4/8/09 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 09, 2009 2:21 pm

wietzema wrote:
Well I was truly suprised with the results last night, I so expected Kris to be in the bottom three after Tuesdays performance, I did not expect Scott to go home. I voted for him because I turly thought he was quit good. According to the AI boards there was a lot of other fan's of other idols voting for Kris so that must have worked. I do like Kris and think he has so much more to give than he has but he HAS to step it up now has too..

I watched Idol Extra last night too and of course Scott was there and what a guy, really what a guy, he's 23, at 14 he enrolled in the Universarty of Arizona finishing school when he was 19 with 2 degrees in music, Lived in England for a year studing music and learning more about how to use his voice and that kind of stuff. The other idols LOVED HIM, Danny said he was the most inspirtional person he's ever met, Anoop said he was the greatest never afraid to try anything different, even showed him trying his hand at basketball and making a basket even!! They all said he was funny, light hearted and the most likable guy on the show. I really think Scott tired so hard and worked so hard to do good, and he really wanted this. HE said he hated to leave his new family and that he can't wait for the tour to start. A lot of negativity on the AI board about him getting the pity vote but I honestly don't think he wanted or needed that pity not at all.. When asked what the others thought about helping him going from point A to point B they said it was an honor to do so..
I think Scott will be very much missed on this show, he's a good guy and someone that deserved to be there IMO

Kellie, sure isn't that pretty little blond country gal anymore is she. She sure does look more than grown up, they talked with her and Ace as well on Idol Extra and they told a couple things they did on season 5 tour that was just FUNNY..

CC you always do such a great job of your review that it's like watching the show itself. Thanks so much

Wow, now I really respect Scott's talent as a singer. What a wonderful human being. :flowerheart:
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Results - 4/8/09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 4/8/09   Results - 4/8/09 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 7:04 am

Results - 4/8/09 833804 I always thought Scott was an inspiration and I am so glad the others of this season see him that way also. As mentioned before I think he could easily become the next Billy Joel with his piano and wonderful talent. I know I would be interested in supporting his career and I am so glad he will be on the tour. I am thinking of maybe going to see it if it is close enough to me. Sure wish they would come to Reno however they do not have that big of venues here. I think the biggest one holds only about 12,000 seats. Maybe I can get to Sacramento to see the tour if the weather is good as that Hwy 80 can be real bad at times. Really have to ponder this.

Anyway, good to hear from all of you!
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

Results - 4/8/09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 4/8/09   Results - 4/8/09 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 10:09 am

Yikes! HWY 80?!?!?!? Be careful you don't wind up in Wisconsin!!!!!!!!
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

Results - 4/8/09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 4/8/09   Results - 4/8/09 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 11:01 am

tygrlllie wrote:
Yikes! HWY 80?!?!?!? Be careful you don't wind up in Wisconsin!!!!!!!!
~tyg

NO KIDDING!!!!
Results - 4/8/09 610414
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Results - 4/8/09 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Results - 4/8/09   Results - 4/8/09 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Results - 4/8/09
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum