Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Vote for talent

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Vote for talent Empty
PostSubject: Vote for talent   Vote for talent Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 11:51 am

'Idol' finalists:
Base your vote on performance

"American Idol" finalists Kris Allen and Adam Lambert don't want to get personal.

The singers told a throng of media gathered Monday outside the Nokia Theatre, where the duo will duke it out during the show's two-night finale today and Wednesday, that they hope viewers will base their votes for the next "idol" on performance alone.

Kris Allen-
"For me, I hope that having the Christian vote doesn't help with anything" said Allen, 23 year old college student who has worked as a worship leader at the New Life Church in his hometown of Conway, Ark. "I hope it has to do with your talent and the performance that you give and the package that you have. It's not about religion and all that kind of stuff."

Adam Lambert-
The 27 year old theatre actor from San Diego, who once worked in the Los Angeles cast of "Wicked", heartily agrees. He said he does not think the contest "has anything to do with your religious background, what color you are, your gender. It doesn't have anything to do with that. It's about music. That's really important to keep in mind."
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Vote for talent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote for talent   Vote for talent Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 8:11 am

Ya know both of these guys are so worthy of the title of AMERICAN IDOL how can any of us lose.. I mean they are so humble and only want the BEST for each other, not thinking of themself at all. I'm so proud of both of them... Great season, just not as great as season 5

I still want Kris to win....... :)
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

Vote for talent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote for talent   Vote for talent Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 11:59 am

Nothing against Adam. He is very, very talented but I agree with you Sandy. Kris should win.
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

Vote for talent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote for talent   Vote for talent Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 7:10 pm

I still think that Brent Keith and Scott MacIntyre should have went head to head in that finale. Oh-well what do i know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

Vote for talent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote for talent   Vote for talent Icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 7:43 pm

Well, at least Scott gets to go on the AI tour.
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

Vote for talent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote for talent   Vote for talent Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 12:05 am

actually Brent Keith should have won, but since ai viewers hate country music and since they don't have a clue who Jason Aldean is, the best didn't have a chance. So much for voting for the true talent of the group.

and from being on the ai boards this season i found out the they don't have a clue who Elvis is either.

i guess Jason is in good company.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

Vote for talent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote for talent   Vote for talent Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 1:15 pm

They don't know who Elvis is? Good night, ain't that some hooey, there, now!
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

Vote for talent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote for talent   Vote for talent Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 1:57 pm

Vote for talent 833804 How can anyone NOT know who Elvis Presley is? You know, it's got to be an awful young bunch of people posting or else they seriously don't have a clue.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

Vote for talent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote for talent   Vote for talent Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 7:07 pm

My thinking is that without musical past, there is no musical future. So many say they are music fans and don't go into its history. I'm not saying you have to like everything you hear, but you ought to at least be able to say you know who Elvis is if you like Rock music, for goodness sake!
~tyg
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Vote for talent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote for talent   Vote for talent Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 7:26 am

Vote for talent 57823 Hard to believe that these posters mentioned do not know who Elvis Presley is especially in view of the fact that American Idol had his music as a theme in season 5. They have to be from another planet I'd say.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

Vote for talent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote for talent   Vote for talent Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 7:36 am

Gee my 10 year old granddaughter knows who Elvis is.. Mae do you mean they really don't know who Elvis is or what he was about. I can not imagine anyone NOT knowing or at least hearing about Elvis..
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

Vote for talent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote for talent   Vote for talent Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 11:23 am

wietzema wrote:
Gee my 10 year old granddaughter knows who Elvis is.. Mae do you mean they really don't know who Elvis is or what he was about. I can not imagine anyone NOT knowing or at least hearing about Elvis..

No kidding! My two oldest grandsons (11 & 7) know who Elvis is. And they know some of the other all time great artists of the past.
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female

Vote for talent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote for talent   Vote for talent Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 1:56 pm

well when people compare Adam to Elvis it tells me they don't have a clue who Elvis is. Give me a break, adam is nothing at all like Elvis. Elvis actually had to have singing ability, he couldn't and didn't scream and hollar though his songs. that comparison is totally stupid and makes me want to beat the hell out of people that a dumb enough to try to compare the two.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female

Vote for talent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote for talent   Vote for talent Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 2:16 pm

Mae, I think everyone compares everyone to Elvis or their hopefully thinking whoever their favorite is Is a 2nd Elvis, Of course they all know that no way does anyone compare to Elvis, He was one of a kind and can't be dublicated..
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

Vote for talent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote for talent   Vote for talent Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 3:40 pm

wietzema wrote:
Mae, I think everyone compares everyone to Elvis or their hopefully thinking whoever their favorite is Is a 2nd Elvis, Of course they all know that no way does anyone compare to Elvis, He was one of a kind and can't be dublicated..

Amen to that. Elvis is and will always be the king of Rock n Roll.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vote for talent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vote for talent   Vote for talent Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vote for talent
Page 1 of 1