Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Final Two Battle For The Title - 5/19/09

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Final Two Battle For The Title - 5/19/09 Empty
PostSubject: Final Two Battle For The Title - 5/19/09   Final Two Battle For The Title - 5/19/09 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 10:58 am

Final Two Battle For The Title - 5/19/09 833804 Hello to all. I must say I feel sad that our show is coming to an end and know I will miss it for sure. So with that being said, let's get to the show.

Final Two Battle For The Title - 5/19/09 322546 Our show on this date of May 19th begins with clips of our two guys during their audition period and highlights of their performances this season. Each ends with the saying "I'm the next American Idol" before Ryan Seacrest quotes his famous line of welcome.

Tonight's show from the Nokia Theatre is brimming with a huge crowd and lots of applause. We see many famous faces as the camera sweeps the audience. Ryan comments after welcoming us to the show about the contrast between our two guys; glam against acoustic, Kanye versus California, and finally the guy next door to the guyliner. Who will win? At this point it is anyone's guess but first let's say hello to the judges. We then are introduced to our two finalists who both say they are totally ready for the games to begin. Each contestant will have 3 songs to perform; their choice from the season, one chosen by Simon Fuller and the final original song written by Kara DioGuardi. I wish they would not make the contestants sing the same song personally.

We are warned that the finale will run longer than the alloted time tomorrow so if you are taping it make sure you allow enough time to get the full show. Boy they have run over the alloted time alot this season. Now for the performances:

clap Adam Lambert

Mad World - Adam decides to repeat this performance which gave him such praise the first time around. Tonight he changes it a bit by descending the staircase dressed in a long black trench coat which I feel added to this performance. The fog used only enhanced the beauty and haunting rendition of this song and in spite of Simon's comment that it was too threatrical I found this moment from Adam incredible. I loved it as did Randy who gives him an A+. Kara thinks it was incredible also and Paula is proud of him. Personally I just can not wait to get this guy's music. My grade: A+

A Change Is Goin Come - Who would have thought that our "glam rocker" could perform a Sam Cooke song with such emotion. To use one of Simon's phrases I found this performance to be a "vocal masterclass". Randy called it unbelievable, both Kara and Paula called it his best performance with Paula adding he looks like a superstar. Simon thinks this performance puts him 100% back in the game although I do not think he was ever out of the game. Once again for me personally I thought this was outstanding! My grade: A+

No Boundaries - I feel for both Adam and Kris that they had to perform this truly terrible song. I also feel for the winner being stuck with this crap. Adam tries to bring some edge to the song but seems lost with what to do with the ending. I am going to base my grade on his valiant effort to bring some sense to this. Randy is just all right with it. Kara is moved and proud (she needs to get real I think). Paula is nice and calls it remarkable but adds that no matter what she is an Adam fan forever. Simon also is discreet about the actual song but adds that Adam is one of the best and original contestants to perform on the show and will be a world-wide star. I agree with this last comment. My grade: B+

wiggle Kris Allen

Ain't No Sunshine - Tonight Kris sits once again at the piano to perform his song. Frankly speaking I thought it was so much better the first time around. He sounded kind of pitchy to me with some of the notes however none of the judges mention this with Simon actually saying the first round goes to Kris. Randy also pimps him by saying this is his best performance. Kara rambles on with praise and Paula adds that he awakens the spirit. Nice pimping judges but I am not buying it. My grade: B

What's Goin On - On this song, once again Kris plays an instrument this time being the guitar. He gets back-up from bass and drums. I again get that twangy vibe from him although the vocals were okay. I overall feel this was too bland of a performance and could easily have fallen asleep. Randy sort of agrees by calling it too light. Kara feels he has stayed true to himself. Paula thinks he tore it up (huh?) and Simon also says it was too laid back. My grade: B

No Boundaries - I have already commented on the song so let's focus on Kris's performance. The key was too high for him and the song basically sounded pitchy throughout I think. I do however think he gave it a good effort on this dreary song but overall it was just okay. Randy thinks he should be proud to have made it this far. Kara thanks him for an incredible season, Paula thinks he is amazing and wishes him luck. Simon thinks his first song was the best but compliments him for gaining confidence throughout the show and is sure his parents are proud. My grade: B

Final Two Battle For The Title - 5/19/09 201170 Final Thoughts

I honestly believe Adam should take the title not only for tonight's performances but also for giving us something new and being very consistent throughout the season. However I do think that Kris will win only because he is like the sweet boy next door that so many relate to and also I think the Danny fans went to his side. I am trying to be realistic. As for myself I know Adam will always be my winner from this season regardless. Sorry Kris fans but he will never be part of my music collection. In closing I do wish both of these guys success in their future careers.

Final Two Battle For The Title - 5/19/09 13092
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Final Two Battle For The Title - 5/19/09   Final Two Battle For The Title - 5/19/09 Icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 3:30 pm

CC. Let me start by saying yet again another fine reveiw of last nights show.

Adam, as always nails his performance to a T with Mad World. I think this was much better than the first time he did it..

Change is gona come. I didn't care for it, I mean it was good but I liked the version Taylor or Syesha did better. This was just a bit much for me..But for Adam it was good.

No Boundries- What can one say about a song that should never have been sung in the first place. Yickesss... I can't help but think that who ever does win will regret it just beause they have to do this song..

Kris- I loved his "Ain't No Sunshine" that it was so Kris and just as good as the first time. He brings something magical to a song like that but of course that's just my opinion.

"What's Going On" Again I really liked this and Thank Randy for seeing that Kris is a true artist and can change these songs up to fit him..

"No Boundries" Again, I pity who ever has to put this song on a Cd, but for me Kris did a better job than Adam did,

Now I voted as hard as I could last night but had lots of trouble getting through, I so want Kris to win this season, becaues I honestly think the kid deserves it just as much as Adam does. He's the one that worked his hardest to stay in this show when no one even knew who he was and he did it, he came up and had to face one of the toughest idols ever, namly Adam. But he carried his own weight and did pretty much on his own.

CC I know you are an Adam fan and I can understand that you want him to win, I really do but Kris does have his own talent and even though it might not be what you like, he's won a lot of people over by being consistant and by not tryin got be someone he's not. As far as winning because he's that sweet boy next door, Kris doesn't want to win that way. He wants to win on his own talent and that's what I voted for. I know that you might not be happy with me or my post or opinions but I honestly feel that everyone has put Adam on a pedastal this season and the others are just window dressing.. JMO ...

I too do wish them both the very very best of luck tonight and in my book they are both winners already..
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Final Two Battle For The Title - 5/19/09   Final Two Battle For The Title - 5/19/09 Icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 1:43 am

Well, I'm having Idol withdrawls already but I'm happy it's to this point. I agree with both of you, CC and Sandy, whatever happens, both these young men will do wonders with their music.

Even though I'm not an Adam Lambert fan I have to admit he pulled off the first two songs brilliantly. The man has vocal talent...no doubt about it.
The last song he sang sounded somewhat pitchy to me. After reading your recap CC and Sandy's post I know I wasn't alone in those feelings.

I felt it when Kris sang his first song. For me, it was so touching and he really reached out with the emotion in that performance. It was an excellent job. He next performance wasn't as good as the first but still it caught my attention. I love it when he performs his songs with guitar.
Agree 100% with both of you on that last song. Sheesh, I wish it could have been something different.

Good luck to both.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Two Battle For The Title - 5/19/09   Final Two Battle For The Title - 5/19/09 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Final Two Battle For The Title - 5/19/09
Page 1 of 1