Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Michael Jackson Dies at 50

Go down 
+2
tygrlllie
DreamHrt
6 posters
AuthorMessage
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

Michael Jackson Dies at 50 Empty
PostSubject: Michael Jackson Dies at 50   Michael Jackson Dies at 50 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 4:36 pm

Another legand died today. I am sad beyond words. He was and forever will be one of my top idols. Despite everything that has been said and written about this man. His music, his talent was and will forever be etched into my memorie as the man who started it all for me....
RIP Micheal you lived a hard life and will forever be missed
LOS ANGELES -- Los Angeles police have confirmed to KTLA that Pop star Michael Jackson has died at the age of 50.

Jackson was rushed to UCLA Medical Center by ambulance this afternoon after suffering from cardiac arrest, fire officials confirm. Los Angeles Fire Department Captain Steve Ruda said paramedics responded to a 911 call at Jackson's home around 12:26 p.m.

The 50-year old was not breathing when they arrived. The paramedics performed CPR and took him to UCLA Medical Center, Ruda says.

Jackson is renting a home in the Holmby Hills in the 100 block of Carolwood Drive off Sunset Boulevard. It is only a few minutes from the UCLA Medical Center.
Jackson's mother, Katherine, arrived at UCLA around 2:30 p.m. Jackson's father, Joe, who is in Las Vegas, told reporters earlier that son was "not doing well."

His sister Latoya reportedly ran from the hospital emergency room in tears after seeing her brother.

The emergency entrance at the UCLA Medical Center has been roped off Thursday with police tape. News trucks surrounded the hospital, helicopters flew overhead, and traffic was being redirected.

No word on the location of Jackson's 3 children, Michael Joseph Jackson, Jr., Paris Michael Katherine Jackson and Prince "Blanket" Michael Jackson II.

Michael Jackson debuted on the professional music scene at the age of 11 as a member of The Jackson 5 and began a solo career in 1971 while still a member of the group. Referred to as the "King of Pop" in subsequent years, five of his solo studio albums have become some of the world's best-selling records: Off the Wall (1979), Thriller (1982), Bad (1987), Dangerous (1991) and HIStory (1995).

In the early 1980s, he became a dominant figure in popular music and the first African-American entertainer to amass a strong crossover following on MTV. The popularity of his music videos airing on MTV, such as "Beat It", "Billie Jean" and "Thriller"-credited for transforming the music video into an art form and a promotional tool-helped bring the relatively new channel to fame.

Videos such as "Black or White" and "Scream" made Jackson an enduring staple on MTV in the 1990s.

With stage performances and music videos, Jackson popularized a number of physically complicated dance techniques, such as the robot and the moonwalk.

His distinctive musical sound and vocal style influenced hip hop, pop and contemporary R&B artists.

Jackson has donated and raised millions of dollars for beneficial causes through his foundation, charity singles and support of 39 charities.

Other aspects of his personal life, including his changing appearance and behavior, generated significant controversy, damaging his public image.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/ktla-michael-jackson,0,4482757.story?track=rss
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330
Registration date : 2007-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Dies at 50   Michael Jackson Dies at 50 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 4:53 pm

I, too, am so sad by this. We've lost an icon beyond scope in the musical industry.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
naynaystay71

Female
Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2008-11-01

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Dies at 50   Michael Jackson Dies at 50 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 6:45 pm

:( So much loss this week. Let's not forgot Ed MacMahon lost his battle with cancer on Monday.
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Dies at 50   Michael Jackson Dies at 50 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 7:48 pm

Isn't it just amazing how horrible these losses have affected us this week? Just stunning.....
~tyg
Back to top Go down
naynaystay71

Female

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Dies at 50   Michael Jackson Dies at 50 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 9:28 pm

Yes Tyg, I agree because I can remember I three on these remarkable people making their mark my life at some point.
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Dies at 50   Michael Jackson Dies at 50 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 11:59 am

:flowerheart: I am sadden beyond words on the loss of Michael Jackson. He was so young and although quite a bit of his later life was surrounded with controversy I can never forget what an exception talent he was. I own all of his music and he was one of my top favorite singers. Yes he was innovative in bringing his dancing and music to the masses and I am sure the world will miss this truly gifted man.

Michael Jackson Dies at 50 66929 Rest in peace Michael and may the angels look down and protect your children, family and friends. You will forever be in my heart and thoughts.

:flowerheart:
Back to top Go down
naynaystay71

Female

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Dies at 50   Michael Jackson Dies at 50 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 1:58 pm

I hope people will remember Micheal for his music & not the controversy.
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Dies at 50   Michael Jackson Dies at 50 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 7:47 am

naynaystay71 wrote:
I hope people will remember Micheal for his music & not the controversy.

*) Sadly not all are remembering him for his music genius. I just read on another music blog through my yahoo news page some rather disturbing and sick comments. Sure Michael had much controversy in his life but in reality does it matter now I ask? This man was a musical legend period and I say to hell with those that continue to knock him down for past mistakes. Have we all not done something in our lives that we regret. Not to say our mistakes were as great as his if indeed he did the awful acts he has been accused of in the past. However that does not matter now as mentioned so I say to these ignorant people who say such terrible things: get a life and grow up.
Back to top Go down
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Dies at 50   Michael Jackson Dies at 50 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 7:44 pm

I am so so sad by this so sad, I can't tell ya. Never met the guy, but listened to his music for years, talk about entertaining, OMG he put on a show like no one else, He might not have been everyone cup of tea or some might believe the crap that has been said about him but I never believed any of that and I seen a lonley man trying so hard to capture the childhood that he missed out on, He did more for those kids than any of us will ever know, He had to have known that it didn't look right or that some would talk but he as there, I watched a news special the other night and I believe it was Kenny Rogers that said he surrounded himself with kids because kids except you as you are, don't ask you to be someone different or give them money or any of that, to a kid you are who you are, How true is that.

He will be missed not only by his fans in this country but by the world.

RIP Michael Jackson,
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Dies at 50   Michael Jackson Dies at 50 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 11:44 am

This really does suck. He was such a tremendous entertainer despite all the publicity surrounding his private life. I'll miss him. I love his music. And I'll miss the opportunity of hearing more from his comeback tour he was working on.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michael Jackson Dies at 50   Michael Jackson Dies at 50 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson Dies at 50
Page 1 of 1