Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Earth Angel--Taylor Hicks

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341
Registration date : 2007-08-15

Earth Angel--Taylor Hicks Empty
PostSubject: Earth Angel--Taylor Hicks   Earth Angel--Taylor Hicks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 9:49 am

Earthy Angel: Taylor Hicks

SILVER-MANED SINGER Taylor Hicks made his name by winning the fifth season of "American Idol" in 2006, fueled by the support of his fans, dubbed the Soul Patrol. Since then, the 33-year-old has released two albums and parlayed his "Idol" success into a stint on stages across the country as the Teen Angel in the national tour of "Grease." Hicks and company land at the National Theatre Feb. 9-21.

»EXPRESS: Had you thought of doing professional musical theater before "Idol"?

» HICKS: Never in a million years would I dream that I would actually grace a Broadway stage in New York City. That's what "Idol" allows — the platform to be an entertainer and to experience all facets of the business.

» EXPRESS: What was it about "Grease" that lured you to sign on?

» HICKS: You always want to start small and get bigger, and from just a learning perspective — not having ever had any acting training — I think taking a small role like Teen Angel was the best move for me because it allowed me to get my feet wet.

» EXPRESS: Has the Soul Patrol made itself heard during the show?

» HICKS: Oh, yes. There's kind of a Grateful Dead-meets-Parrot Head contingent in some of the Broadway theaters across the country, which has been great.

» EXPRESS: How do you keep up that kind of fan base?

» HICKS: You have to tour all the time. I've been on the road now for four years straight. It's quite extensive, but I don't know any other way, because I've studied so many legendary musicians, and that's the reason why they are legendary, because they do tour extensively.

» EXPRESS: The Teen Angel's style is a little flashier than yours, isn't it?

» HICKS: I designed my Teen Angel costume. It's a midnight blue, rhinestone-studded suit — it's got kind of an Elvis-meets-Gram Parsons-meets-Liberace kind of feel.

» EXPRESS: Has wearing that so often changed your fashion choices?

» HICKS: I've not gone to dinner with my Teen Angel jacket [shown] yet, but before I leave this Broadway tour, I will go clubbing in it. I might give 50 Cent a run for his money as far as bling is concerned.

» EXPRESS: Favorite angel: Clarence from "It's a Wonderful Life" or Charlie's Angels?

» HICKS: I'd have to go with Charlie's Angels. Cheryl Ladd for $200, Alex.

» EXPRESS: You're from Alabama. Do you like your barbecue with or without white sauce?

» HICKS: I'll take barbecue with white sauce once every seven-and-a-half months. Usually, it's more just good, old-fashioned red sauce.

» EXPRESS: Any favorite spots in D.C.?

» HICKS: I love Georgetown. Being in a city like D.C. is a blessing, and I'm going to comb through it as much as I can.

http://www.expressnightout.com/content/201...icks-grease.php
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Earth Angel--Taylor Hicks   Earth Angel--Taylor Hicks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 1:19 pm

Great article Sandy. I have to agree with Taylor about the sauce on ribs. It's red sauce all the way.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
wietzema
Super Mod
Super Mod
wietzema

Female
Number of posts : 2341

PostSubject: Re: Earth Angel--Taylor Hicks   Earth Angel--Taylor Hicks Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:35 am

Taylor always gives good interviews, It's like he knows what is going to be asked before they ask, so he's ready with the answers. Smart Guy
Back to top Go down
tygrlllie
Administrator
tygrlllie

Female
Number of posts : 2330

PostSubject: Re: Earth Angel--Taylor Hicks   Earth Angel--Taylor Hicks Icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2010 1:24 pm

I'm more than slightly scared of white sauce on ribs. Just thought I'm mention that. It's like, for me, clam chowder should be white/gray.
~tyg
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Earth Angel--Taylor Hicks   Earth Angel--Taylor Hicks Icon_minitimeTue Feb 16, 2010 12:08 pm

ROFLMAO.....OMG, I didn't think about that. It IS kinda scarrry.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Earth Angel--Taylor Hicks   Earth Angel--Taylor Hicks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Earth Angel--Taylor Hicks
Page 1 of 1