Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Share | 

Quote of the Century

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Possumrider

Female
Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2007-08-12

PostSubject: Quote of the Century   Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:45 pm

"The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://giveme-abreak.spaces.live.com/
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Quote of the Century   Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:18 pm

Funny Indian story here. I grew up on Boston. You know the place where they seriously belive columbus founded America.
I have a friend who is a pure Yakima Indian...
She told me when she was in grade school and learning about Christerfer Columbus....
The teacher pointed her out and asked. Do you know who Mr. Columbus is? She thought for a minute and said, yes he is the guy that stepped on my grandpapas POOP... lol
Yes the Indians were there first and yet again white man took the credit (sigh)

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://TaylorHicks.forumotion.com
Possumrider

Female

PostSubject: Re: Quote of the Century   Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:09 pm

That is funny. I'm sure the teacher wasn't amused, but funny never the less.
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Quote of the Century   Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:24 pm

She told me that storie over 10 yrs ago. I still remember it!

Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Quote of the Century   Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:29 pm

Oh one more thing. She took me onto the reservation she lived on. It was beautiful. Nothing but pure untouched land for miles. Very guarded though against us white man. The only reason I was allowed on is because I was with her. The most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my life happened right there on there land. I saw about 15 WILD horses just running and roaming this free land. It was indeed a sight of pure raw beautiy.
She offered to take me to the indian burial ground, because I enjoy cemiteries. Not not into errie. I just enjoy the history some tomb stones can tell. However I very much declined. For I truely belive it to be sacred ground that us white man should NOT mess with. I knew the spirits would not want white man on there resting place. After all most of them where there because of white man.
Can you tell I love the history of Indians? lol
Debbie is Cherokee :)

Back to top Go down
Possumrider

Female

PostSubject: Re: Quote of the Century   Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:42 pm

That does sound wonderful. I would love to see something like that.

I've always liked reading the older tombstones in cemetaries My aunt lived near one when I was young and my friend and I would walk to it. There were some there from the 1800's.
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Quote of the Century   Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:00 pm

Although I love to learn about the old stones. I also know that sometimes it can come back and bite you.
Deb and I went to vermount to get a partners for life certificate....
I brought along my best friend and her husband.
Her husband claimed to be able to see spirits... he talked alot about it. He was kinda creeping deb and I out so I had to change the subject.
Well if your an old stone buff, Vermount is the place. It is filled with history.
Before we left the state, I noticed a tourest place that claimed to have one of the oldest stones in the state. The place wasn't open, however the cemitary was accessable.
So I had Deb load up the video camera and she was tapeing the differant stones as I read them.
Of course we went home and viewed our wedding and watched the cemetary show.
Funny thing is we began to have "activity" in out house which I wont share in case you spook easy.
Anyway I went to talk to my friend about it. Her husband told me we brought "them" home. that "they" were not happy because they were caught on the tape. I was like yeah okay... this guy is loopy. He told me to burn the tapes. I was not about to burn my wedding tape gesh...
Months past and things were still weird here.
We had another friend over who wanted to watch the tape of our wedding... so we were watch and then I was walking up to the headstone and then poof... it all went to fuzz.. the scean where I read the stones were gone. We have no clue what happened but the house has been mild since then... although last year my best friend.. who stood up for me... commited suicide...:(
So word of warning... don't bring a video camera with you lol

Back to top Go down
Possumrider

Female

PostSubject: Re: Quote of the Century   Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:10 pm

Well, that is just too weird. At least they are gone. Thanks for the advice. I will remember it.
Back to top Go down
TaysLadybug
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 766
Location : Arkansas/Or where ever Taylor is im gettin closer lol
Registration date : 2007-08-10

PostSubject: Re: Quote of the Century   Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:01 pm

DreamHrt wrote:
Although I love to learn about the old stones. I also know that sometimes it can come back and bite you.
Deb and I went to vermount to get a partners for life certificate....
I brought along my best friend and her husband.
Her husband claimed to be able to see spirits... he talked alot about it. He was kinda creeping deb and I out so I had to change the subject.
Well if your an old stone buff, Vermount is the place. It is filled with history.
Before we left the state, I noticed a tourest place that claimed to have one of the oldest stones in the state. The place wasn't open, however the cemitary was accessable.
So I had Deb load up the video camera and she was tapeing the differant stones as I read them.
Of course we went home and viewed our wedding and watched the cemetary show.
Funny thing is we began to have "activity" in out house which I wont share in case you spook easy.
Anyway I went to talk to my friend about it. Her husband told me we brought "them" home. that "they" were not happy because they were caught on the tape. I was like yeah okay... this guy is loopy. He told me to burn the tapes. I was not about to burn my wedding tape gesh...
Months past and things were still weird here.
We had another friend over who wanted to watch the tape of our wedding... so we were watch and then I was walking up to the headstone and then poof... it all went to fuzz.. the scean where I read the stones were gone. We have no clue what happened but the house has been mild since then... although last year my best friend.. who stood up for me... commited suicide...:(
So word of warning... don't bring a video camera with you lol

Jodie Im almost willing to bet you broght home a spirit or 2 they can attach themselves to the living.I dunno if they were angry about being "caught on tape" they could have.It happened to my cousin Stephen things were fine till he went to that hunted house I told about in Taylors Way. He came home & may aunt took a pic of him in their basement & there was an orb above his head. nd sicne strage things have been happening. Mindy's room is haunted <my other cousin>

I love cemeteries hell the spookier thge better bring it on LOL. Tell the story hee hee. Heck wehn we go to Mardi Gras in 09 I am going on the cemetery tour that i sone of the reasons i want to go. I love them. I have taken Pics not vid but digital pics & never seen anythign but I wasn't really looking.

it's time for a new pic here it is ME & THE SFB from KCMO Aug 14th 10 (I was sweaty cause it was sooo hot all night i think i lost about 10 lbs in sweat alone)

copper=penny
the oxygen weilding hyperventlating perv
Get your mind outta the gutter you're steppin on my head... Hee hee
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female

PostSubject: Re: Quote of the Century   Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:56 pm

I have lived with my fair share... cant say I like it.... I really dont want to go looking for it lol

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quote of the Century   

Back to top Go down

Quote of the Century
Page 1 of 1