Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Top 10 Sing - 3/30/31

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Top 10  Sing - 3/30/31 Empty
PostSubject: Top 10 Sing - 3/30/31   Top 10  Sing - 3/30/31 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 8:03 am

:) Hello to all. Before we begin I have two rants I have to get off my chest. I know this is becoming a habit but sorry I feel strongly about these items. Rant numero uno: What in the world was going on with all the extra chatting by Ryan, the judges and even the contestants? I mean I like to get to know the contestants but most of the chat seemed to be just filler time. Rant number two: Song choice! I think of all the R&B/Soul artists that have come and gone over the decades so I was not happy about alot of the choices the contestants sang. Where was the music of Sam Cooke, Ray Charles, Marvin Gaye, Smokey Robinson and The Temptations to name a few of the greats they could have chose from. Okay, now that I have that out of my system, let's proceed to the show.

The show begins with Ryan backstage with the 10 contestants who are preparing to perform. We also catch a moment with the judges who seemed to be doing a group hug. Ryan prompts Simon to give Ellen a kiss. Then Ryan shows us the stage and the audience who seem to be quite a boisterous group. Now the announcer introduces the judges and also Ryan once again.

Ryan gives a shout out of welcome to the crowd and wants to know who is their favorite. Totally loud as their voices seem to blend into a yell with their picks. After another welcome to the judges, Ryan brings out the top 10 who look raring to go.

woo hoo I am real happy tonight at this point knowing Usher Raymond IV (yep, that's his real name) is the mentor. Over the years, Usher has shown alot of style and swagger with his music and dance moves. He has sold over 45 million albums worldwide and has garnered 5 Grammies for his efforts. His thoughts before the performances are to hopefully guide the contestants to be great. Clips of Mike, Katie and Andrew are shown who appear nervous. Usher is in the audience tonight to actually view the idols on stage. He looks cool with his outfit and sunglasses and Ryan also wanting to be cool puts on some sunglasses as he and Usher talk about Usher's new album which is called "Raymond vs Raymond". I liked how Usher's chuckled when Ryan donned the sunglasses. Okay, enough of this chat, let's get to the performances.

Top 10  Sing - 3/30/31 76735 Siobhan Magnus is up first and will be singing Chaka Khan's "Through The Fire". Usher thinks she has a great voice and talks with her more about what she is going to wear. Sadly, the chatting should have been about her vocals on this particular song. Before the judges said anything I had written down "song seems to be all over the place and I do not like that screaming she does once again". Randy concurs with my thoughts. Ellen thought it was not her best. Kara agrees. Simon is sort of brutal as only he can be by saying it sounded like she was in a marathon running and singing at the same time. It was that bad. Definitely her weakest performance and he is bored with her screaming like I am. What really threw me off was all the extra comments said to Siobhan. It was like they knocked her down, then tried to smooth it over. Never have I seen such a lengthy critique on this show. My grade: C-

Top 10  Sing - 3/30/31 820770 Next up is Casey James who does bring a new song to the show. It is called "Hold On, I'm Coming" by Sam and Dave. I thought his vocals and guitar playing were quite good but again no real stage presence which is why I deducted half a point from his score. Randy calls it hot and nice job. Ellen thinks he is consistent but generic. Kara feels he could deliver more range. Simon however is impressed and calls it his strongest week. My grade: B+

Top 10  Sing - 3/30/31 833804 I was very disappointed in the song Mike Lynche chose to sing this week. He would have been so great with some of the legends I mentioned earlier. Instead he performs Indie Arie's "Ready For Love". Going acoustic, his vocals were not bad just not exciting either. Randy sort of said what I felt but does feel Mike is in the zone. Ellen calls it beautiful. Kara thinks he did an incredible job and it was lovely. Simon finally takes him seriously as an artist and adds terrific. My grade: B

Top 10  Sing - 3/30/31 485234 Didi Benami looks lovely tonight however this could not make up for the lifeless rendition she gave to the song "What Becomes of The Broken-Hearted" by Jimmy Ruffin. While this song is personal for her, I felt the vocals were just off most of the song. Randy describes it best for being by calling it flat-lined. Ellen says it was dramatic and not her best. Kara feels she has lost her way as an artist. Simon compares it to swimming in jelly and not making it. I think Didi may be in trouble this week. My grade: C-

Top 10  Sing - 3/30/31 201170 I was stunned to learn that Tim Urban was going to perform Anita Baker's hit " Sweet Love". Even more of a surprise was he was not bad with his vocals. What ruined it for me was that puppy-dog look he kept showing in the camera when he sang. Randy says he was in tune but showed no swag. Ellen felt like he was sneaking into a bedroom with his stage presence. Kara called it too Broadway. Simon actually throws up his hands as he feels no matter what the judges say the voters will vote for Tim because of his smile and personality. Finally a true statement! My grade: B

Top 10  Sing - 3/30/31 295441 I could have leaped for joy after watching Andrew Garcia perform. Tonight with the help of his guitar, violins and a box drum he finally gives us a good performance of "Forever" by Chris Brown. I was not wild about the song but Andrew sounded quite good singing it. Randy says Andrew is back. Ellen calls it one of his strongest performances. Kara thinks he made a giant step in the right direction. Simon says it is miles better but does find Andrew boring as a person. This brings about Mama Garcia getting pulled up to defend her son. Another waste of time I thought but both Simon and Mama Garcia make up with a hug. My grade: B+

lol! Katie Stevens is taking on the Aretha Franklin hit "Chain of Fools". It was not a bad vocal but I honestly just felt like she was going through the motions overall. Randy also felt no connection. Ellen however thinks she has a great voice and made the song current. Kara agrees and calls it her best vocal performance. Simon thinks it was sort of robotic and kind of cold. I agree with this the most. My grade: B

Top 10  Sing - 3/30/31 839840 Finally a performance I thought was top knotch as Lee DeWyze sings "Treat Her Like A Lady" by the Corneilius Brothers. In spite of having had walking pneumonia he gives a vocal that is outstanding while making it his own. I loved it! So did Randy who calls it da bomb. Ellen says the best of the night. Kara adds amazing. Simon thinks tonight's performance has changed Lee's life. I agree as he definitely showed "swag" on this number. My grade: A

Top 10  Sing - 3/30/31 88275 Crystal Bowersox is changing it up this week by playing piano and wearing stilettos. I was not happy with her choice of song which was "Midnight Train To Georgia" by Gladys Knight. This is not to say I have not liked other songs by Ms. Knight but this particular song is not one of them and it seems like every season someone sings it. Crystal did fairly well with the number but for once I was not blown away. Randy thought it was great. Ellen calls it wonderful. Kara is glad she took the risk. Simon liked it but cautions Crystal not to change too much from what she has shown us before. I agree here. My grade: B

Top 10  Sing - 3/30/31 396952 I like Aaron Kelly but again was not blown away by his performance of "Ain't No Sunshine" by Bill Withers. It starts out rough as mentioned by Randy but overall the vocal was just okay. Ellen calls it a good job. Kara liked it but was not in love with it. Simon calls it okay. My grade: B-

Top 10  Sing - 3/30/31 57823 My final thoughts are the night was a little disappointing with many of these song choices. My bottom 3 consist of Siobhan, Didi and a tie with Tim and Aaron. I think Didi may be the most in danger of leaving the competition.

Guest for the results show are Usher, Diddy, Dirty Money and Ruben Studdard. Now that is an interesting combination. I will be back later with the results so take care until next time.
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Sing - 3/30/31   Top 10  Sing - 3/30/31 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 2:51 pm

my favorite of last night were Crystal, Casey, Big Mike and Tim.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Sing - 3/30/31   Top 10  Sing - 3/30/31 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 3:58 pm

Sadly I didn't get to watch all of the performances. :(

CC, thank you for the recaps so I could catch up on who did what. I was sad to hear I missed a great performance by Lee Dewyze. DAMN!! Oh well, I'll be watching the results tonight.

Of the performances I did get to listen to:
Siobhan Magus - Totally agree. The song was way too big for her and she eneded up screaming it...ALOT.

Casey James - If by some miracle he wins this season I hope like hell he shows some kind of stage presence when the top 10 go on tour this summer. Handsome guy, great talent but downright boring as he just stands there at the mic week after week.

Aaron Kelly - I listened only half way through the performance so I can't give an accurate comment but what I did hear I liked.

I wish I could have heard Lee, Mike and Andrew's performances. IMO, they aren't in any danger of going home so I'm not worried.

Thank you again for the recaps CC. Top 10  Sing - 3/30/31 839840
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Sing - 3/30/31   Top 10  Sing - 3/30/31 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 7:26 pm

Hrt~n~Soul wrote:
Sadly I didn't get to watch all of the performances. :(

CC, thank you for the recaps so I could catch up on who did what. I was sad to hear I missed a great performance by Lee Dewyze. DAMN!! Oh well, I'll be watching the results tonight.

Of the performances I did get to listen to:
Siobhan Magus - Totally agree. The song was way too big for her and she eneded up screaming it...ALOT.

Casey James - If by some miracle he wins this season I hope like hell he shows some kind of stage presence when the top 10 go on tour this summer. Handsome guy, great talent but downright boring as he just stands there at the mic week after week.

Aaron Kelly - I listened only half way through the performance so I can't give an accurate comment but what I did hear I liked.

I wish I could have heard Lee, Mike and Andrew's performances. IMO, they aren't in any danger of going home so I'm not worried.

Thank you again for the recaps CC. Top 10  Sing - 3/30/31 839840

Hey Deni, sorry you missed part of the show but someone usually puts it on youtube so you probably can see the performances you missed.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Sing - 3/30/31   Top 10  Sing - 3/30/31 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 3:13 pm

I spent most of the time talking to Jodie which was much more fun than listening to some of the more boring performances. (like Tim, DiDi and Katie. sorry y'all) LOL

Yepper, I think I'll be spending alot of time on YouTube this weekend looking up these performances.
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Sing - 3/30/31   Top 10  Sing - 3/30/31 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 8:41 pm

Top 10  Sing - 3/30/31 322546 Hey Deni, I checked youtube and the performances are on there. Hope you enjoy watching them. Lee was great in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Sing - 3/30/31   Top 10  Sing - 3/30/31 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 9:06 pm

talking to me was FUN? All I did was complain lol hun im sorry but we need a life lol
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Sing - 3/30/31   Top 10  Sing - 3/30/31 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 2:38 pm

ROFLMAO.....ok, let me put it another way. I was glad to be there for you so you could complain. By the end of the conversation you were sounding so much better than when you first called.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Sing - 3/30/31   Top 10  Sing - 3/30/31 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 2:40 pm

concertcris wrote:
Top 10  Sing - 3/30/31 322546 Hey Deni, I checked youtube and the performances are on there. Hope you enjoy watching them. Lee was great in my opinion.
Thanks for the heads-up CC. It will give me something to do this weekend while the kids are getting high on sugar. (heaven help me) Top 10  Sing - 3/30/31 610414
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Sing - 3/30/31   Top 10  Sing - 3/30/31 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 4:29 pm

I have to admit Deni.. just being able to let it out without fear of being judged or yelled at lol did me so much good. Your a great friend!
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Sing - 3/30/31   Top 10  Sing - 3/30/31 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 2:46 pm

Your welcome Jodie. Anytime....you know where to find me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 10 Sing - 3/30/31   Top 10  Sing - 3/30/31 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 10 Sing - 3/30/31
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reality Music shows :: American Idol-
Jump to: