Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Hollywood 1st Rounds - 2/10/11

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Hollywood 1st Rounds - 2/10/11 Empty
PostSubject: Hollywood 1st Rounds - 2/10/11   Hollywood 1st Rounds - 2/10/11 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 9:50 am

:) We have made it to Hollywood but before I start my re-cap I have a rant. I was slightly disappointed in the process as once again we heard some of the back stories we have already seen and also the same contestants we saw in the audition process. I was kind of hoping we would see some of the other contestants perform who made it through. With that out of the way, let's begin:

Our show starts out with us seeing a microphone on a stage with Ryan Seacrest saying "will dreams be kept on this very stage". Then we hear Randy Jackson saying the talent is better than ever this year and is on fire already as we view clips of some of the people who have their golden tickets. However we also hear that the golden ticket only amounts to one thing and that is one more shot as we enter our first round of Hollywood week. We see the judges make some comments and faces of people who got the gold but obviously are not advancing to the next step which are the group rounds. Continuing on Ryan says "with the most talent we have ever seen this week will be the toughest week of their lives". They have doubled the amount of contestants this year so we get twice the drama, twice the talent but there is only one Hollywood week. Brace yourself folks "This is American Idol"!

Hollywood, there is no place like it on earth is said as we see our contestants who have traveled here from around the country. Lots of scenes follow as they arrive at the airport, make comments and see their hotel rooms. Each must turn in their golden ticket for that one shot on stage as they go before the judges in the first round of competition.

Jennifer Lopez arrives and says "this is where we see the men from the boys and the women from the girls". Randy Jackson is seen next with his comment "they got to bring it hard dude or forget about it". Steven Tyler comments how many pleaded for another chance and said they would be good and he is hoping that they did their homework. Our judges and Ryan are ready to go.

lol! Seems 327 people got the gold for this moment. Wow, I knew they had sent alot through although when I added up the numbers that Ryan mentions later I found it added up to only 323 so four must have got lost along the way. This huge group is divided in half with the first half coming on the stage in groups of ten. Many times we are told that each has one shot on stage and they either make it or break it. Each performs a few seconds of a song, no comment is given by the judges and then after each of the ten have sung our judges make the decision who will advance to the next round.

Brett Loewenstern is up first and as you can imagine all of the contestants are nervous. I must add here that we will be seeing some of the background stories as we go along. After a brief look of Brett's we proceed with him waving to the judges, mentioning how nervous he is with the judges telling him to take a deep breath which he does. He does a fair job of the song "Let It Be". He started out rough but once into the song I could see why I was hoping this young guy would move on. We also hear him say "he is through being a victim". He goes through to the next round along with another contestant we did not get to hear whose name is Symphony (sorry no last name was given). Not sure how many other of this group made it but for those that didn't this was indeed a quick trip.

Next we see Rachel Zevita in a brief moment singing (not sure of the song). She is followed by Thia Megia who gives a subpar performance of "Summertime" I thought. Casey Abrams does a jazzy version to the song "Birdland" (at least that is what I think the name of it is) and brings a "woo" from Jennifer. Each made it to the next round.

This young lady Victoria Huggins is shown next. She does have a bouncey happy personality as we see her arrive at the airport with eleven suitcases (wow, she is confident she will stick around). Her mother is with her and she is thrilled to be here. She shows more of this confidence as she tells us she can not wait to get to the group rounds as she will choreograph their number. Once on stage she gives just an okay performance and tries to get the audience to clap with her. No takers other than her mom. Personality plus but the talent level is just not there as she is sent packing. Her final moments include her telling us how North Carolina is proud of her.

After the break we see some clips from the James Durbin back story as well as Paris Tassin. Parris does a nice job with the song "My Heart Will Go On" but it was James Durbin who sings "Oh Darling" that impressed me most. Both move on. Lauren Alaina sings nicely to the song "Unchained Melody" but sadly Stormi Henley (Miss Teen USA) fails to impress and it is over for her. Lauren moves on.

Next we see one who impressed me with his audition in the form of Chris Medina. Steven wants to know how his fiance is doing and Chris responds with she is getting better each day. We only see him singing a few notes of the song "You And I" but frankly I was not wowed this time around but his sob story helped push him through to the next round I think. Two others made it also but no names were given.

Our next scenes show several who are flubbing up. Steven gives them a pep talk about singing their best song because it hurts their hearts to send them home but there is nothing they can do about it.

Jacee Badeaux shows why he should move on as he gives a wonderful few moments to the song "God Bless The Broken Road". Wow, this kid can sing! Another teen Robbie Rosen shows off his soulful voice and makes it through. Young Hollie Cavanagh turned out a great performance as I was fearful she would fall apart as she did in her audition. Not this time as confidence was showing and she too moves on. Sadly Steve Beghun failed to impress and he is now a goner. We hear of others who did well in their auditions but are sent packing as well. They include Sarah Sellers, Jacquelyn Dupree and Heidi Khzam. We see tons of tears from our contestants as day one comes to an end. Among the farewell moments we hear how Casey Abrams feels bad for the ones who are leaving. It is also noted that 160 had performed on this day.

Day two dawns with 163 who will get their one shot. The judges are coming in at a leisurely pace as we see Ryan talking with several who let us know they are nervous. Next we see four who are buckling under the pressure with Steven asking Randy if he is having fun yet.

The tension is in the air as we next see Rob Bolin and Chelsee Oaks. Sadly their relationship is still not on in spite of the judges thinking they would get back together. We hear how they are roomies with our lovebirds Nick Fink and Jacqueline Dunford. Several scenes are shown of these four who are hanging out together. Rob is up first singing "I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry". I think nerves played a part as his moment on stage was just okay but have to say I do love his tone. Chelsee sings next (not sure of the song) which again was just okay to my ears. Both make it through.

Nick Fink is Mr. Confidence before performs a mediocre number. Girlfriend Jacqueline was better with her "Bring It On Home To Me". It's a yes for Jacqueline and a no for Nick who pleads with the judges to sing another song after he hears the verdict. He embarrasses himself further after Randy tells him he only gets one shot by singing a few notes as he leaves the auditorium. Not a good impression at all and I am sure Jacqueline was not thrilled with the entire situation. Nick says it "sucks" as we now know Jacqueline must move on alone. Could this be the end of a beautiful relationship I wonder?

Our next three contestants decide to play it safe by singing the same song they did in their auditions. Scott McCreery, Jackie Wilson and Jerome Bell still impress as they move on.

Okay here comes the Tatiana of our group in the form of Tiffany Rios. Remember this ugly girl was going to tell us how to look like a Jersey girl. This time she is not wearing her stars as she did when she auditioned. But this first comment from her decided me that I hope she fails in Hollywood once the group rounds get started. Her first comment to the judges was she was tired of seeing people try to do what she knows she can do. Then she gives a lousy screaming performance for her few moments on stage. I was surprised the judges let her move on to say the least since we do hear from Jennifer that Tiffany is not likeable.

Sadly Travis Orlando did not as his song "This Love" by Maroon 5 was not strong enough.

Brief moments as Randy says it was a tough long day but those that remain are moving on to the group rounds.

So day two is ending with an update on the following who are also moving on to the group rounds. They include Clint Jun Gumboa, Julie Zorrilla, Naima Adedapo, Mark and Aaron Gutierrez, Molly DeWolf Swenson, Emily Anne Reed, Stefano Langone and a big surprise Ashley Sullivan who cried during her audition and cries as she tells her mom she is moving on.

Hollywood 1st Rounds - 2/10/11 833804 I was glad to see some of my favorites moving on but the group rounds are the toughest part of Hollywood week and judging by the scenes shown of next week not sure some of them will make it to the final rounds. So with that being said I must now bid you adieu.

Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood 1st Rounds - 2/10/11   Hollywood 1st Rounds - 2/10/11 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 10:38 am

WooooHoooo....so glad to see some of my favorites make through the grueling first round of Hollywood week. I was shocked to see Tiffany Rios make it through. I really had to question the judges abiltiy to make a decision on her. LOL Anyway, congrats are in order for James Durbin, Mark and Aaron Gutierrez, Stephan Langone and Chris Medena. I also think Victoria Huggins and Jacee Badeaux will be added to my list.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood 1st Rounds - 2/10/11   Hollywood 1st Rounds - 2/10/11 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 10:32 am

Oops Deni, I think you might be confused on the name as Victoria Huggins went home. She was the girl that had so many suitcases. I do agree about Jacee. I love this kid and hopes he makes it into the top 10.

The scenes from the group rounds look brutal. I would hate to be in the group with that Tiffany Rios. Anyway, glad we are past the auditions.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood 1st Rounds - 2/10/11   Hollywood 1st Rounds - 2/10/11 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 9:44 am

Opps, your right! Darn shame too because she was probably the only girl this season I really liked. Oh well! At least some of the others made it through. Was it just me or did the audition process go alittle faster than it had in the past? Just curious what you think Crystal. Mae, how about you?
Back to top Go down
concertcris

concertcris

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood 1st Rounds - 2/10/11   Hollywood 1st Rounds - 2/10/11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 9:14 am

:) I think you are right about that part going faster but for me personally I am glad. Looking forward to the group rounds and once again hope some of my favorites make it past that.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood 1st Rounds - 2/10/11   Hollywood 1st Rounds - 2/10/11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 11:42 am

So true. The auditions can get alittle mundane regardless of how much I want to hear some of the talent. ~sigh~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hollywood 1st Rounds - 2/10/11   Hollywood 1st Rounds - 2/10/11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hollywood 1st Rounds - 2/10/11
Page 1 of 1