Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

F.Y.I - Top 3

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

F.Y.I - Top 3 Empty
PostSubject: F.Y.I - Top 3   F.Y.I - Top 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 19, 2011 6:11 pm

hello As you all know I posted last week I was not going to watch the rest of American Idol competition however I do plan to watch the finale as all 13 idols will be on the show as well as quite a few guest stars. I have not decided if I will re-cap that one or not as I have no real interest in who wins this season.

While I did not watch the show last night I did read several articles on how things went down last night so figured I would post some info on it.

Seems each contestant was given three songs to sing and I am glad I did not watch since most of it was country and I really dislike most of that genre of music with a few exceptions. The contestants chose one song, Jimmy Iovine chose another and the judges chose another. Here is what they sang:

Scotty:

Amazed by Lonestar (his choice)
Are You Going To Kiss Me or Not by Thompson Square (Jimmy's choice)
She Believes in Me by Kenny Rogers (judges choice)

Lauren:

Wild One by Faith Hill (her choice)
If I Die Young by The Band Perry (Jimmy's choice)
I Hope You Dance by Lee Ann Womack (judges choice)

Haley:

What Is and What Should Be by Led Zeppelin (her choice)
Rhiannon by Fleetwood Mac (Jimmy's choice)
You Oughta Know by Alanis Morrissette (judges choice)

From what I have read Haley was very good even though she did take a fall on the first song. Most feel she won the night. I would not have minded watching her do these numbers if James or even Casey had still been on the show. However I am totally bored with Scotty and Lauren and just could not bring myself to watch. For those of you who did watch, hope you enjoyed the show.
Back to top Go down
Taysiah

Taysiah

Female
Number of posts : 2304
Registration date : 2007-10-04

F.Y.I - Top 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.Y.I - Top 3   F.Y.I - Top 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 10:02 am

do you think once again a wgwg will win? i lost interest in this season from the start. no one grab me and pull me in. I think they are all talented and good singers. However im am a fan of no one this season and chances are won't support any of them post-ai. i may check out some of Pia stuff has i thought she had the best vocals from the top 13. Though i think two from the top 24 had better vocals then her. just my opinion though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/blowing_harp
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

F.Y.I - Top 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.Y.I - Top 3   F.Y.I - Top 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 11:47 am

I watched Wednesday's show because I do like Scotty. He wasn't my top favoorite but I do like him. I'm wanting to see a country stand-off between Scotty McCreery and Lauren Alaina.

My opinions of the performances.
Scotty sang:
1. AMAZED by Lonestar - good song and he did an OK job with it but it wasn't a 'WOW' moment.
2. ARE YOU GOING TO KISS ME OR NOT by Thompson Square - This one was way better as Scotty flirted with the audience. He really took it to another level for himself.
3. SHE BELIEVEDS IN ME by Kenny Rogers - This song was out of Scotty's comfort zone vocally and he did an excellent job with it.

Lauren sang:
1. WILD ONE by Faith Hill - Lauren did an OK job with this song. However, I don't feel like it showcased her talent as a singer in any way.
2. IF I DIE YOUNG by The Band Perry - Again, not a 'WOW" moment but much better than the first song. The judges all agreed that that second round went to Lauren. I disagreed with that.
3. I HOPE YOU DANCE by Lee Ann Womack - In my opinion this song was the best of the three. Lauren looked great and one could tell she really gave her all for this one.

Haley sang:
1. WHAT IS AND WHAT SHOULD BE by Led Zeppelin - I'm sorry folks. That growl that she does just turns me off. Not very many women singers can pull it off but to my way of thinking Haley isn't one of them. I did like the song and the fact that her dad was allowed to perform on stage with her. He is very good by the way.
2. RHIANNON by Fleetwood Mac - Way better than the first. Not so much growling in it.
3. YOU OUGHTA TO KNOW by Alanis Morrisette - I have to agree with the judges. It was the best of the three.

Although this season wasn't as exciting as seasons past it wasn't all that lackluster either. (For me Season 6 holds the title of being boring and lackluster) Well, until James got voted off. That still floors me. Looking forward to watching the finale. Between the two of them I really do want Scotty to win. Until then....WE'LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS!

Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

F.Y.I - Top 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.Y.I - Top 3   F.Y.I - Top 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 3:23 pm

Now that I know that Scotty and Lauren are the top two, I think it should be Scotty that wins also as he does have a good voice. I just do not like country that much. They said 95 million votes came in and frankly I think that is bull. Mainly because I heard once again the lines were messed up and I think AI is trying to cover themselves. So many on the web are saying they will not watch on Tuesday because it is now "country idol" but many are looking forward to Wednesday which will crown the winner.

It will be great to see all 13 back on the show.

By the way I watch James Durbin on the Ellen show. He was adorable and sang so good. I am downloading his songs this weekend.
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

F.Y.I - Top 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.Y.I - Top 3   F.Y.I - Top 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 9:59 am

Granted, country isn't my favorite music to listen ALL the time but I do have alot of favorite artists in that particular genre. I'm hoping for a Scotty win myself. If he does win that means out of ten seasons I've voted for five winners. Not bad considering that when American Idol started none of my favorites ever made it very far.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
Sponsored content

F.Y.I - Top 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: F.Y.I - Top 3   F.Y.I - Top 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

F.Y.I - Top 3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reality Music shows :: American Idol-
Jump to: