Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Rock Night - Top 10 - 11/16/11

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Rock Night - Top 10 - 11/16/11 Empty
PostSubject: Rock Night - Top 10 - 11/16/11   Rock Night - Top 10 - 11/16/11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 1:39 am

Rock Night - Top 10 - 11/16/11 57823 Hello all. Tonight is "rock night" on the show but I must be in another planet as most of what I heard on tonight's show was not what I call real rock music. With the exception of one or two acts I really think they should have called tonight "pop rock" or "soft rock". Where on earth was the real rockers music like Motley Crue, Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, Guns N Roses and Pearl Jam to name a few. Obviously not on this show as you will soon read.

Our show begins with the sadness of seeing Paula Abdul lose another group. So many repeat scenes of the turmoil that affected all on this.

I liked the opening number of Steve Jones coming out with the background dancers to the song "I Love Rock N Roll" originally by Joan Jett and The Blackhearts. It was also refreshing when our judges made their entrance to the Bon Jovi classic "Living On A Prayer". Now it is time for our contestants to once again face the music so let's get to the performances.

Rock Night - Top 10 - 11/16/11 683635 Up first is Nicole's guy Leroy Bell. Tonight he is singing "We've Got Tonight" by Bob Segar. I thought his vocals were spot on but once again I am not thrilled with the performance as Leroy tends to just stand there although he does move a little this week from the center of the stage. I honestly would buy the music he sings if I wanted to just kick back and relax. L.A. thinks he looks great, sounds great but is not wowed. Paula agrees he has a beautiful voice but thinks he is not connecting with the audience. Simon nice song, good voice but this is not rock. Nicole believes in him. There appeared to be alot of arguing about this choice of song between Simon and L.A. mainly because of it not being a rock song and I kind of agree with Simon on this one. My grade: B+

Young Rachel Crow is taking on The Rolling Stones song "I Can't Get No Satisfaction". I found this a strange choice for this 13 year old. She sings quite well and sort of reminded me of a young Aretha Franklin. Her stage presence was quite good but again I was not totally blown away. L.A. believes this young lady will have lots of sales and tickets sold in a concert. Nicole felt it was a perfect song choice and was her personal favorite of Rachel's. Paula loves how Rachel connects to the audience. Simon says he can honestly see her winning this competition. She did well but not great in my book. My grade: B+

Chris Rene is certainly looking good these days and I was happy to hear he is sticking to being clean and sober. He does make the song "No Woman No Cry" by Bob Marley his own but again I was missing the rock vibe. One thing I can say he has very good stage presence and I feel entertained by him when he performs. Nicole calls him original but this was not her favorite performance by him. Paula buys into his persona. Simon loved the performance but argues this was a reggae song and not rock (again I am agreeing with Simon). L.A. was proud that Chris stayed on key when he did his actual singing. My grade: B+

I have loved Stacy Francis up until now but tonight was sort of a downer for me as she takes on the Meatloaf hit "It's All Coming Back To Me Now". She sang it okay but I just felt it was the wrong song choice. Normally she gives me chills when she sings but tonight I just felt like it was just okay. L.A. agreed she sang well but he also was not thrilled with the song. Paula agreed. Simon flat out says it was a horrible choice and he feels she is going backwards. Nicole on the other hand calls her a glam rock diva (huh?). I personally would have loved to hear her sing some Bon Jovi. My grade: B

Melanie Amaro has a great voice I think and shows it as she performs "Everybody Hurts" by R.E.M. I don't really call this song rock but I was totally entertained with her version of the song. L.A. agrees this is not rock. Nicole thinks she sounded beautiful but was looking for a more raw version. Paula feels that she took it to church. Simon of course is very proud of her. My grade: A

Josh Krajcik is the only contestant who I felt really did a real rock number even though I am not crazy about the song choice. His pick is "The Pretender" by the Foo Fighters. I was so hoping he would do some Pearl Jam as his voice reminds me so much of the lead singer of that group. Regardless he totally entertained which even brought a standing ovation from all four judges. L.A. calls him authentic and Paula agrees. Simon adds bloody fantastic and Nicole calls him the ultimate rock star. I sort of agree. My grade: A

Now I am ticked off with the next performer who is Astro Bradley. How on earth could the judges praise this young kid so much when all he did was rap like he does every week. In the background the singers were adding their singing voices to the song "Every Breath I Take" which had the words change to Every Step I Take. If you remember this was a hit by The Police and later re-made by Puff Daddy. I definitely do not call this a rock song at all. Sure Astro has a knack with the words but it has sounded the same week after week. The judges of course think he is rock solid and may even win this thing which will make me madder than I have ever been regarding a reality show. I won't bore you with their praise but will add that L.A. better find out what a real rock song sounds like. My grade: C

I feel Lakoda Rayne stepped up tonight with their version of the song "Go Your Own Way" by Fleetwood Mac. When these girls sing solo they sound great and for once I thought they sounded fairly good as a group. I enjoyed them in spite of this once again not being what I call a rock song. L.A. thinks they were better and thought they looked like they were having fun. Nicole knows they have it in them to do better. Simon though thought it was a complete mess (sorry I do not agree this time around). Paula thinks they have earned a place in the competition. I hope she does not lose her last group which is why I actually did cast some votes for them tonight. Again I liked it but was not blown away. My grade: B+

Drew is another singer who has a unique voice but once again I am bored by her as she sings "With or Without You" originally by U2. I also heard a few off notes this time around but no judge mentioned this. L.A. thinks she has an original voice. Nicole was waiting for more than her just standing there. Paula says she is lucky she has a big fan base but she needs to start showing more diversity (I so agree here). Simon just thinks she is unique, period. My grade: C-

Marcus Canty is so entertaining no matter what he sings. Tonight he tackles "Piece of My Heart" by Janis Joplin. He tries to give it the rock edge with his voice and his dance moves with the background dancers. While I liked it I felt like something was missing with his performance but all in all good job. Nicole thinks he lit the stage on fire. Paula feels he is the best entertainer of the competition. Simon does not feel like the song suited him. L.A. strongly disagrees and thinks he rocked the house. My grade: B+

Rock Night - Top 10 - 11/16/11 201170 Well nobody tonight really "rocked" my world although there were a few good performances. My pick to go home is Drew or Astro. I know I am beginning to sound like a broken record with these two but frankly they both bore me. I will be back with the re-cap of the results show later.

Now with my good-night I ask? Who did you like? Take care all!
Back to top Go down
DreamHrt
Administrator

Female
Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Rock Night - Top 10 - 11/16/11   Rock Night - Top 10 - 11/16/11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 9:27 am

Rock Night - Top 10 - 11/16/11 57823 Once again CC you are spot on! I agree with everything you said. I voted for LR only because I am such a die hard fan of Paula's. Don't get me wrong they were good but not GREAT... Like you I was sitting there bewildered wondering where the hell was the rock n roll? Tonight the only one who really rocked my socks was Josh... Again agreeing with youRock Night - Top 10 - 11/16/11 555837 WTF is up with astro?? Rock Night - Top 10 - 11/16/11 396952 as much as I love Paula and Simon.. they both better re think the way this show is going there are many disapointed fans who may not bother with it much longer...Rock Night - Top 10 - 11/16/11 930608
Back to top Go down
http://TaylorHicks.soulsboard.com
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

PostSubject: Re: Rock Night - Top 10 - 11/16/11   Rock Night - Top 10 - 11/16/11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 11:26 am

I totally agree with both of you about last night. Where the hell was the "rock" music all night? With the exception of Josh there was hardly an ounce of "rock" during the whole show. And to sit there listening to a L A Reed/Simon Cowell arguement about what rock is...totally laughable.

Obviously my favorite performance of the night was Joch Krajcik who blew me away with his performance. I did like Rachel but thought the song choice was a little weird. I don't remember who made the comment but I agreed. Lakota Rayne definitely sounded like Country Rock. They were my second favorites of the night.

Someone needs to tell Astro to open up his eyes and expose himself to different genres of music. He will make a better artist if he does. Just my opinion.

Rock Night - Top 10 - 11/16/11 13092
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Rock Night - Top 10 - 11/16/11   Rock Night - Top 10 - 11/16/11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 7:18 pm

Thanks for posting both of you. I am getting so sick of the way the judges keep pimping Astro as if his ego is not big enough. Believe me if he wins this competition I am definitely going to be one un-happy camper. I also do not want L.A. Reid to get the win as I find him so arrogant. No wonder he and Astro get along so good.

The results show starts here in another hour and a half and I am keeping my fingers crossed for Paula not to lose her last group.

Bye for now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rock Night - Top 10 - 11/16/11   Rock Night - Top 10 - 11/16/11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rock Night - Top 10 - 11/16/11
Page 1 of 1