Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front PageFront Page  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Due to lack of activity I have chosen to close this forum thank-you for the ride it was a blast when it was here. DreamHrt

Top 5 - 12/7/11

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
concertcris

concertcris

Female
Number of posts : 2386
Registration date : 2007-09-24

Top 5 - 12/7/11 Empty
PostSubject: Top 5 - 12/7/11   Top 5 - 12/7/11 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 12:54 pm

Top 5 - 12/7/11 322546 Hi there everyone. Our show opening tonight basically shows us the friction that occured last week between the judges and also the dismissal of Drew. Simon it appears is still mad about what happened which is a ridiculous way for a grown man to act like.

Now Steve Jones is welcoming us and the judges. He also let's us know that only one act will be cut on the results show. He questions Simon before we get to the acts about how he feels about what happened last week. Simon in his usual sarcastic way says "He is really happy and prepared this week".

Our contestants will be performing two songs this week with the first being a "dance" song. So let's get started.

Top 5 - 12/7/11 683635 Melanie Amaro is up first and looks quite beautiful as she totally uses the ballad "Someone Like You" by Adele as a dance number. It was certainly faster than the original. L.A. Reid says it was really good. Nicole thinks she took a risk but it was good. Paula says she looks stunning and the song was too short (agree with this). Simon of course is proud and says she sounds like a diva who could have a hit with that number. I personally just thought it was okay. My grade: B

Marcus Canty gives us a very good version to the Chaka Khan song "Ain't Nobody". Liked his smooth voice on this song but was expecting a big more like him dancing. Nicole thinks he took us to church. Paula comments he was fantastic while Simon says very good performance. L.A mainly just says "vote". My grade: B+

I was sort of disappointed with the performance of Rachel Crow who opts to sing "Beautiful Girl" by Sean Kingston. She is fearless as Paula mentions but I honestly just could not connect with this. L.A calls her a star. Nicole adores her and can not wait to get a Rachel Crow doll which Simon acts childish about as he wants a Nicole doll, a voodoo doll. I keep wondering why Simon constantly puts Nicole down. Anyhow Simon calls Rachel's choice of song great. My grade: B

What can I say I just love the voice of Josh Krajcik. His song pick is Rhianna's "We Found Love In a Hopeless Place". Not the greatest choice for sure but I loved Josh singing it. L.A. on the other hand just did not buy it even though he thinks Josh is a good singer. Paula thinks he nailed it. Simon of course agrees with L.A. (is this Simon's way to get even with Nicole for whatever it was she did I wonder). Nicole however thinks Josh showed his versatility on this song. I would have loved to see Josh move more but overall I really liked it. My grade: B+

I was not so impressed with Chris Rene this week. I think his song was called "Living My Life". I usually love how Chris connects with the audience however he basically stays on stage as he raps lyrics he made up to the song. In my book it was okay but not great. Nicole liked it and loves his spirit. Paula thinks it was nice seeing him do his own thing. Simon thinks Chris has charisma and presence but was not wild about the song choice. L.A. mentions Chris wrote his own lyrics and he keeps improving every week. My grade: B

Top 5 - 12/7/11 338312 Seems like there was a glitch with the Pepsi Challenge choice the contestants were suppose to sing so now they only have 24 hours to come up with a new song to perform. Guess we will see that Pepsi song next week. Our contestants get to pick the song for this second half of the show.

Melanie Amaro picks the song "Believe" which has been sung by Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey. I thought Melanie did a pretty good job with this one but again I was not totally blown away. The choir in back of her was quite good I think. L.A calls Melanie's performance great, amazing and safe. Nicole says Melanie gave her goosebumps. Paula thinks this performance worked. Simon adds she sang incrediblily and also mentions that Clive Davis is in the audience. You may remember that Clive is the one who signed Whitney in the beginning. My grade: B+

Marcus Canty chooses to sing "A Song For You" by Donny Hathaway. He sings his lyrics "a song to you" instead and does quite well with this performance I think. Nicole says Marcus reminds her of a young Al Green. Paula calls this one of his best. Simon is not jumping out of his chair but does think it was good. L.A. reminds Marcus that Mohammad Ali was knocked out twice but came back strong and since Marcus has been in the bottom two twice to keep his head straight. Again I thought this was good but not great. My grade: B+

This time Rachel Crow really lets me down with her song "Music and Me" by Nate Dogg. She sounded pitchy in spots and frankly she seemed bored doing this number. L.A. surprises me by saying he loved that she picked that song. Huh? Nicole says she is like an old soul. Paula adds she is a great role model for young girls. Simon agrees with all the judges. My grade: B-

Josh Krajcik's second song is "Something" by The Beatles. Again I am loving his voice as he does justice to this number I think. L.A. says really good but kind of karaoke (oh bull L.A.). Paula thinks Josh is special. Simon says massive improvement over his first song but thinks at times Josh looks a little insane as he sings. Nicole says he is like the male-Adele and is Krajcik magic. My grade: A

Chris Rene sits in a chair and sort of plays the guitar as he does an original song. Sorry not sure of the name however I did like how he performed most of this number. Isn't it funny how good he sounds singing when he does his own material. My only problem with it was the lyrics were repeated too much. Nicole thinks he is amazing and the sky is the limit for him. Paula applauds him. Simon says that was either stupid or a stroke of genius and agrees with the latter. L.A. could not be more proud of him. My grade: B

Top 5 - 12/7/11 833804 I really have a hard time trying to figure out who should go as I like all these acts however if I am basing my choice on tonight's performances I would have to say either Rachel Crow or Chris Rene should go. I hate doing that but I am so hoping that no matter what that each of these talented people get a contract once this show ends.

I will be back later with the results. I welcome your comments!
Back to top Go down
azsoul
Super Mod
Super Mod
azsoul

Female
Number of posts : 4469
Registration date : 2007-10-24

Top 5 - 12/7/11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 5 - 12/7/11   Top 5 - 12/7/11 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2011 1:25 pm

Gotta say I wasn't blown over by anybody last night. However, I would like to see Josh Krajcik and Melanie Amaro make it through to next week. I agree Crystal, trying to decided who should go home at this point is tough. I certainly would not want to be a judge having to decide who goes home. It's heartbreaking.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitter.azsoul.com

Top 5 - 12/7/11
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Reality Music shows :: The X-Factor-
Jump to: